FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE of Lytchett Matravers Parish Council

Meeting held on Wednesday May 9th 2018, at 7.00 p.m. in the Village Hall, Lytchett Matravers

PRESENT: M Colvey, K Norris, A Cottman, A Huggins, R Carswell, R Watts, P Webb and Mrs K. Bradbury (Locum Parish Clerk)

No members of the public were in attendance.

Public participation. There was none

1. APOLOGIES. Cllrs C Wood, B Barker, J Taylor, A Bush. In the absence of Cllr C. Wood, Cllr M. Colvey took the chair

2. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.

There were none.

3. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee meeting held on 11th April 2018. These were ACCEPTED as a true record and signed by Cllr M. Colvey, subject to the following amendment: Minute No 13 – Cllr A. Huggins did present a report on the Rec. Path

4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters. The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report of past subject matters. [nb: comments made or decisions taken at the meeting are shown in italics]

i. F&P Cttee Minute 12, 6th June 2011. Security of council papers & records. One Council minute book is still with Cllr Bush, who is currently making an electronic copy. Cllr K. Norris proposed that Cllr Bush be asked to return the minute book a soon as possible asthe Council had resolved to have it archived.

ii. F&P Cttee Minute 6, 9th Oct 2017 – To consider a proposal to write off Sports Club currently outstanding debt for Lytchett Astro repairs. It was noted that the current level of Sports Club income will not cover this and so it was RESOLVED to review the issue again at a later date.

iii. E&A Cttee Minute 10, 8th May 2017: Outstanding risk assessments: Members to note please that the following Risk assessments for 2016/17 are still outstanding: Old School Green….Cllr Taylor, Club Hall….Cllr Wood. It was agreed that if the risk assessments have not been completed then the outstanding reports should be re-assigned at the next F&GP Committee meeting. Refer to the next F&GP Committee meeting.

iv. E&A Cttee minute 5.4 6th Nov 2017 Old School Green / War Memorial. The Parish Clerk has again contacted Mr Mills to remind him about the task to arrange for soil to be delivered to fill the depression in the ground. Carried forward

v. F&GP Cttee minute 15, 7 Feb 2018 – Library WG: Alex Clothier of the coastline community fund, to be invited to attend a meeting of the committee to advise on whether grant funding may be available from this fund. Cllr Colvey reported that he had spoken to Mr Clothier and finds that the Parish Council will not be eligible for a grant and therefore Mr Clothier will not be attending the meeting. DISCHARGED.

vi. F&GP Cttee minute 19, 14th March 2018 – making good the area around the new bus shelter in Wareham Rd. The Parish Clerk contacted the local groundworks / gardening contractor accordingly and has agreed the remedial works within the de-minimus limit set out in Finance Reg 11.1.These had been completed but in a recent informal contact with a council member, the manager of the playgroup had made it known that she feels more work may be required.Due to the extent of the bund approximately two car parking spaces have been lost. It was agreed that if the playgroup would provide a skip then Councillors were willing to spend a Saturday morning removing sufficient soil to clear the parking spaces. However it was considered that Cllr. Colvey should contact Cllr C. Wood in the first instance in case she has any further information regarding the loss of spaces. Action – Cllr M. Colvey to discuss this with Cllr Wood accordingly.

vii. F&GP Cttee Minute 11, 11th April 2018 –updating Earmarked Reserves record with latest valuation of the investment with Prudential International. Cllr Bush indicated that he would update this statement accordingly. This work has not yet been completed.

viii. Planning application responses sent to PDC and reported as “not yet determined” by PDC at the November LMPC Planning Committee meeting:

Planning application 6/2018/0063 Lewis Wyatt (Construction) Ltd & Morrish Builders. Land at Huntick Road, Lytchett Matravers. Erection of 46 dwellings (including affordable homes), new vehicular access via Huntick Road, associated landscaping, drainage & all other development works. PASS shows that PDC has not yet determined this application. PDC Planning has also not yet responded to the Council’s request to begin discussions with both parties regarding the amenity aspects, or to its comment that the Parish Council would like to ensure that the developers speak to Andrew Bradley, DCC Highways Engineer, to ensure that the plans to provide the cycle way are incorporated into the development proposal. The Clerk was asked to chase this up as it could affect the footpath. Action: Parish Clerk to chase this up with PDC Planning.

Planning application 6/2018/0019 James Gregory, Valley View Community Garden and Care Farm, Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DA. Erection of 9 polytunnels, agricultural barn and provision of a temporary rural workers dwelling and associated septic tank. PASS shows that PDC has now refused this application.

Planning application 6/2018/0097. Mr and Mrs M Miller. 11 Glebe Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EJ. Raise and extend roof to create habitable first floor with a Juliet balcony on the rear elevation. Insert dormer windows on the front and rear elevation. Erect a single storey side extension. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.

Planning Application 6/2018/0132. Mr Christopher Small, 12 Cecil Place, Lytchett Matravers, Poole. BH16 6FG. Two storey rear extension. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.

Planning Application 6/2018/0140. Mr A. Cozens, Caroline Cottage, Prospect Road, Lytchett Matravers. Variation of condition 2 of planning permission 6/2016/0721 (subdivide plot and erect single dwelling in front garden of existing cottage and single dwelling in rear garden of existing cottage with new access from Prospect Road and associated car parking) to replace window with doors on North elevation and remove door from East elevation of the dwelling in the front garden. PASS shows that PDC has not yet determined this application.

5. To receive and note the 2018/2019 YEAR to date bank reconciliation.

A copy of the bank reconciliation and related bank statements is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes. It was resolved to RECOMMEND Full Council to accept and approve this.

6. To receive and consider a report covering 2018/19 year to date FULL YEAR 2017/18 council income and expenditure. The report having been circulated to all members. The report having been circulated to all members it was resolved to RECOMMEND Full Council to accept and approve this.

7. to receive and consider the 2017/18 full year report of cil income and expenditure in accordance with community infrastructure regulations 2010. section 62A. The report attached at appendix 2 to these minutes, having been circulated to all member,swas resolved to RECOMMEND Full Council to accept and approve this.

8. TO CONSIDER THE 2018 nATIONAL aGREEMENTBETWEEN nalc AND slcc ON INCREASE IN PAY FOR PARISH AND tOWN cOUNCIL cLERKS WITH EFFECT FROM 1st APRIL 2018. the details are attached at appendix 3 to these minutes. Having been circulated to all members it was resolved to recommend full council to accept and approve this.

9. TO APPROVE AND SIGN A LETTER TO THE COUNCIL’S BANK TO ADJUST THE STANDING ORDER FOR THE COUNCIL CLERK’S MONTHLY SALARY PAYMENTS. It was resolved to RECOMMEND full council to accept and approve the signing of a letter to the Council’s bank to adjust the Standing Order for the Council Clerk’s monthly salary payments.

10. Planning Application 6/2018/0155. Dr Anne Brown, Hopmans Farmhouse, 77 High Street, Lytchett Matravers, Poole BH16 6BJ. Replace front door. NO OBJECTION.

11. Planning Application 6/2018/0189. Mr B. Gosling, 126 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6DT. Erect two dormer windows to form habitable roof space. NO OBJECTION.

12. Planning Application 6/2018/0212. Mr M. Lister, Quarr Farmhouse, Halls Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EP. Internal alterations to form WC & cupboard plus install airbrick. NO OBJECTION.

13. TO CONSIDER AND FORMULATE THE COUNCIL’SRESPONSE TO THE DAPTC SURVEY ON LOCAL SERVICE PROVISION AND PROCESS CHANGES ARISING FROM THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE NEW Dorset Unitary Authority from April 2019. It was considered that the DAPTC survey was rather simplistic and that anyway, at the present moment, Parish Councils were not in a position to decide which if any of the services they were able to take on. It was RESOLVED that all the items should be marked as essential to be retained.

14. TO CONSIDER THE REPORT RECEIVED AT THE FULL COUNCIL MEETING IN APRIL LISTING AND REVIEWING THE AREAS OF PUBLIC OPEN SPACE WITHIN THE LYTCHETT MATRAVERS PARISH. Cllr R. Watts and Cllr A. Bush had listed open green spaces within the parish. The next stage will be to send the list to Mr Steve Boyt, PDC Local Plan Co-ordinator and request a meeting to find out if the open spaces will satisfy the planning inspector’s criteria for inclusion as open space in the Local Plan. Cllr M. Colvey, identified two other pieces of land for inclusion on the list. A 4 – 5 metre strip in Huntick Road, possibly not included as it might be considered to be a part of the verge. A triangle of land near Cllr B. Barker’s residence whose ownership is unclear. The Parish Clerk will check ownership of this piece of land to confirm that it is common land.

15. TO CONSIDER THE REPORT RECEIVED AT THE FULL COUNCIL MEETING IN APRIL AND THE SUBSEQUENT E-MAIL FROM MR HOUSDEN, CONCERNING THE MEETING WITH FIELDS IN TRUST REGARDING AMENDMENTS TO THE FIT DEED OF DEDICATION FOR THE RECREATION GOUND AND A POSSIBLE DEED OF DEDICATION FOR THE FOXHILLS OPEN SPACE. The change to the FIT deed of dedication is in hand. It is now necessary to appoint a solicitor to carry out the work on the Deed of Dedication. Cllr R. Watts has drawn up a list of five solicitors for consideration and Cllr M. Colvey has recommended a sixth. Cllr M. Colvey, Cllr R. Watts and Cllr A. Bush will be meeting on Tuesday 15th May when they can discuss the options.

16. To receive and consider the content of reports from the leader of the Working Groups as follows:

Neighbourhood Plan – No change.

Youth Hall – Awaiting completion of the legal work on the transfer of the land.

Library – Cllr K. Norris is hoping to gather the running costs at a meeting on 15th May.

High Street Shared Space – Cllr R. Carswell will contact Mr K Morgan to check if he has any plans or drawings of the Recreation ground Pavilions

Rec. Path – Cllr A. Huggins presented his report. Wicksteed had looked at the site and concluded that using the existing tarmac court would require a huge earthmoving operation to get the area sufficiently level for a new ball court and the company had suggested a location alongside the zip line. The new ball court would have fencing along three sides although it was considered that a 3metre fence on for sides would be better. The tarmac court could be adapted for other purposes. The new approach was APPROVED and Cllr Huggins indicated that he would obtain at least two further quotes for comparison purposes in line with Financial Regulation 11.1.

Rec. Pavilions – No report.

Eldons Drove Lane – No Report.

Astro Expansion – No Report.

New Sports Field – No report.

Huntick Road Cycleway – Still no response from the developers responsible for the Huntick road development proposal. It was considered that the Council needs to sort out the funding for the project and then approach DCC

Sports Club Governance – Efforts are being made to address the outstanding issues. A meeting has recently taken place with the Sports Club Secretary. It was considered that the Parish Council needs to take legal advice on the situation as action on the outstanding issues is becoming urgent.

Progress towards SiLCA – Nothing to report.

House style benches – Cllr Huggins has requested two more quotes for 1.5 metre benches and Poole Business Services is willing to receive delivery and install them. Refer to the next F&GP Committee meeting.

Foxhills Open Space – bollards: The cost of a bund would be more than installing bollards. It was suggested that the area could be turned into a lay-by for access by emergency services. The Parish Council will ask the advice of the Highway Engineers on the viability of this proposal. A letter on this subject has been received from a resident and it was agreed that it should be forwarded on to DCC.

Recreation Ground: As the question of bollards at Foxhills has not been resolved it was proposed that the recreation ground car park would take priority for the installation of bollards. Cllr A. Huggins will obtain quotes for installing bollards along the whole length and also for a gradual replacement of the existing posts.

17. To consider a proposal of items for inclusion in the next article for the Parish Magazine. It was noted that the deadline for inclusion in the next issue is 15th May 2018. Subjects suggested were the acquisition of a defibrillator and a piece inviting comments from young people on the proposed plans for the new ball court.

18. To note correspondence received.

Cllr K. Norris:

Cllr Norris received one reply to his request in the Parish Magazine for litter pickers.

The meeting on 13th June will include a presentation on Antisocial Behaviour

Allotment Drainage: Cllr Norris is to advise DCC that the proposed extra drainage from the allotments would be towards Slug Pond.

There will be a meeting to discuss planning issues and advice with Mr Alan Davis on the 29th May. Venue to be arranged.

Cllr A .Cottman:

It has been brought to his attention that there is some evidence that the Foxhills Open Space may be being used for horse riding lessons. Members noted that the access to the open space does not include a bridle path. Cllr Norris agreed to check the by-laws with PDC and, if appropriate to take steps towards putting up “NO HORSE RIDING” signs.

Cllr R. Watts:

Councillors have been invited to attend a series of meetings connected with the Local Plan. No limit on the number of councillors allowed to attend.

Parish Clerk:

A letter from a resident of Fosters Spring who has asked the council to consider the following matter which was evidently prompted by difficulty experienced in getting a fire engine to his property. He observed that one side of Fosters Spring is grassed with a play area on it and opposite is a long parking bay, which he states is usually full. He also states that frequently the opposite side is also occupied by parked cars – particularly at weekends & evenings. He comments that this can cause restriction to larger vehicles needing to pass – such as refuse lorries & fire engines. The resident suggested that some of the Foxhills Open Space grassed area be used to create another layby opposite the existing one. It was agreed that his letter should be forwarded to DCC and advice sought from the Highway Engineers. Action: Parish Clerk to forward the letter to DCC Highways for comment.

Correspondence from a resident concerned that the grass on the designate “dog walking area” (i.e. the southern portion of the recreation ground) should not be cut whilst an apparently rare wild plant is in flower (Lady’s Smock / Cuckoo Flower). This came to attention rather too late…on the day the grass cutting contractor had visited. It was RESOLVED that safety should take priority as the plant is not a designated endangered species.Cllr M. Colvey agreed to write a letter to the resident. Action: Cllr Colvey to write to the resident accordingly.

Meeting closed at 21.15

Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………