Minutes of a MEETING OF LYTCHETT MATRAVERS PARISH COUNCIL

Held on Monday July 17th 2017 at 7:00 in the Methodist Church, Lytchett Matravers.

PRESENT were Cllrs M Colvey, B Barker, R Carswell, A Cottman, A Huggins, J Taylor, C Wood and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk).

Also present: District Councillor W. Meaden and two members of the public.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION

  1. A resident commented on the current practice of holding the public participation session ahead of the Full Council meeting. She recalled a time – prior to the 11 year tenure of the current Chairman and Clerk – when “public participation” had been scheduled at a fixed time so that the business of the meeting ceased to enable it to take place and then re-commenced afterwards. She suggested this arrangement may have contributed to more members of the public attending meetings.

District Councillor’s Report

Cllr Meaden’s report is attached at appendix 1 to these minutes. There were no questions by members.

County Councillor’s Report

Cllr Wharf was unable to send a report ahead of the meeting, and had given his apologies for absence as he had a prior engagement in his role as County Council member.

1. To receive and consider apologies for absence – Cllrs A Bush, K Norris, P Webb and E Wilson. Also County Cllr P Wharf.

2. TO RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY INTEREST; AND CONSIDER REQUESTS FOR SPECIAL DISPENSATIONS UNDER SECTION 33 OF THE LOCALISM ACT 2011.

There were none.

3. TO receive AND RESOLVE to APPROVE THE Minutes of The Full Council Meeting on 19th JUne 2017.

RESOLVED to approve as a true record of the meeting and signed by the meeting Chairman.

4. TO RECEIVE and consider REPORTS OF PAST SUBJECT MATTERS.

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk. The italics below indicates additional comments by members at the meeting.

  1. Minute 14, 21st September 2015 – website updating. At the April Full Council meeting it had been agreed that all members would send their personal profiles to Cllr Colvey again. It was confirmed that there has not yet been an increase on the 3 members who have forwarded their profiles to Cllr Colvey.
  2. Minute 13, 19th September 2016 – replacement of Wareham Rd bus stop adjacent to the primary school (also minute 10, 19th June 2017 – Morebus action to re-route their services within the village) Further to the commitment from DCC to replace the bus stop despite possible operational changes by Morebus, some positive dialogue has been held. Cllr Colvey reported that in a meeting with Mr R Wade of Morebus the company have accepted the points made by a resident and Cllr Colvey, and have consequently agreed to reverse their previous decision on bus routing within the village. It was reported that the replacement “canopy type” bus stop is planned to be installed on 18th August.
  3. Minute 20, 17th October 2016 Decommissioning of Telephone Kiosks: Still no news yet on a response from BT or the Conservation Officer at PDC.
  4. Minute 11, 16th January 2017 – Deed of Dedication for protection of Old School Green. The Land Registry has now formally replied to confirm they have updated their records. DISCHARGED.
  5. Minute 20, 16th January 2017 – steps in front of the pharmacy premises. Cllr Colvey indicated that he would meet the owner to discuss this matter. A report of the outcome of the meeting is anticipated.
  6. Extraordinary Council Meeting, 27th February 2017, Minute 4, bullet point 1 – PDC adherence to its own processes and guidelines re proposed RES. At the June meeting CW advised that she would forward to TW copy of the correspondence from PDC for the official council record. Cllr Wood added that she had received a response from Mr Steve Tapscott regarding the matter of the impact of windfall developments on the housing number for Lytchett Matravers in the Purbeck plan. This confirmed that PDC will not reconsider their position to make any allowance or adjustment for this. DISCHARGED.
  7. Minute 18 15th May 2017 – PDC Naming procedure for new roads. Noted that the Parish Council has given its view on this matter to PDC and the developer. Cllr Colvey indicated that he would write to David Fairbairn (Legal Officer, PDC) to ask whether the process has changed, and if so what consultation took place.
  8. Minute 23, 15th May 2017 – Ball Court proposals. A report of the outcome ofCllr Huggins’ contact with play equipment suppliers Miracle and Wicksteed to obtain advice on the minimum size for a tennis court, and also indications of likely costs for this is awaited. This information can then be used to develop a procurement brief to enable the council to request thee competitive quotes for supply and installation in line with Financial Regulation 11. It was RESOLVED that Cllrs Huggins, Cottman and Carswell would form a Working Group to research and develop an outline specification for a redesigned ball court with financial estimate for review by Full Council. In parallel, they will also research possible grant funding opportunities for this. Action: Cllrs Huggins, Cottman and Carswell to progress this accordingly.
  9. Minute 3, 19th June 2017 – recognising the service of County Cllr Fred Drane. Cllr Colvey indicated that he would prepare letter of thanks to County Cllr Fred Drane for his years of service representing DCC at Lytchett Matravers Parish Council meetings and Lytchett Matravers interests to DCC.

x. Minute 11, 19thJune 2017 – traffic calming / traffic survey request to DCC. Following an update on this matter given by Cllr Cottman at the Environment & Amenities Committee meeting, it was recently clarified that:

(a) in order for DCC to respond they require traffic survey requests to come formally from the Parish Council. Consequently the Parish Clerk undertook to write to DCC on the Council’s behalf.

(b) On checking the detail of the request to go to DCC, Cllr Cottman clarified that the location in question is the area of the High Street at a point adjacent to the end of Library Walk and the path on the eastern side of the recreation ground.

The Parish Clerk has written to DCC accordingly.

It was further clarified that the intention had been to raise with DCC two matters related to road crossings: High Street as detailed above, plus options for safe crossing adjacent to the school in Wareham Rd. It was noted that both of these would be discussed with DCC representatives when they visit the village on 18th July 2017.

5. CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS

  1. The Chairman advised that representatives of LMPC had been invited to meet with counterparts at Lytchett Minster & Upton Town Council – primarily for the purposes of LM&UTC to gain some further understanding of the process leading to the development of a Neighbourhood Plan.
  2. The Chairman had also had a meeting with Mr Graham Lee of the Friends of Lytchett Matravers library to let that organisation know of the Parish Council’s discussion with DCC representatives with regards to additional uses for the library premises. In this connection he also reported that a visit had been planned to Stalbridge Town Council to view the use of their library.

6. TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM SUB-COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS

(a) Sports Club Governance Working Group – Cllr Bush had forwarded a report advising changes to membership of the Sports Club committee –i.e. Chairman: Mike Fudge, Vice Chairman: Donna Singleton, Secretary: Kevin Watson, Treasurer: Alf Bush.

(b) Huntick Cycle Way Working Group – Cllr Huggins forwarded a written report which is attached at appendix 2 to these minutes.

7. TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE FOLOWING COMMITEES AND TO NOTE THE DECISIONS MADE:

· Environment & Amenities Committee meeting on 3rd July 2017

· Planning Committee meeting on 6th July 2017

It was RESOLVED to receive the minutes of both of these meetings and note their content.

8. To consider proposed adjustments to the Parish Clerk’s pay, in accordance with the joint NALC SLCC national agreement, May 2016. Pursuant to the provisions of Section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for this agenda items, by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.

The members of the public present were duly asked to leave the meeting for this item. It was RESOLVED to approve the increase to the Parish Clerk’s pay in line with the 2016-18 joint SLCC / NALC agreement and the consequent adjustment to pension contributions.

9. To approve the following payments already made:-

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
3778 Purbeck CAB Grant 2017 2011.10 0.00 2011.10
3779 Purbeck Film Festival Grant 2017 100.00 0.00 100.00
3780 Lytchett Matravers Twinning Association Grant 2017 200.00 0.00 200.00
3781 Lytchett Matravers Scouts Grant 2017 700.00 0.00 700.00
3782 Lytchett Matravers Village Hall Grant 2017 500.00 0.00 500.00

RESOLVED to approve.

10. To approve the following payments due:-

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
3783 T Watton Clerk’s salary – July (12 equal monthly payments by SO) 849.64 0.00 849.64
3784 T Watton Reimbursement of expenses incurred 187.31 3.63 190.94
3785 DCC LGPS pension contrib July 337.00 0.00 337.00
3786 HMRC PAYE & ENI – Quarter 1 2017/18 876.58 0.00 876.58
3787 T Homer Handyman duties, June reimbursement of purchase of timber for bench repair. 225.00 0.00 225.00
3788 Idverde Ltd Cemetery maintenance – June 2017 303.49 60.70 364.19
3789 Idverde Ltd Grass cutting, Southern end of Rec x 2 plus strimming, June 2017 64.00 12.80 76.80
3790 Borough of Poole Rec Ground – new fence pales & replace gates at Rocket Park 4005.80 801.16 4806.96
3791 C Wood Display boards 253.00 50.60 303.60
3792 SSE Car park lighting quarter 1, 2017/18 (by DD) 16.58 0.82 17.40
3793 Water2business Water for allotments Nov 2016 – June 2017 282.84 0.00 282.84
3794 P & M Lawrance (locksmith) Access and replace lock at Parish Office filing cabinet. Key cutting. 50.00 4.50 54.50
3795 Anglebury Press Printing Lytchett Link #60 311.00 0.00 311.00
3796 DAPTC New Cllrs training course. 35.00 0.00 35.00
3797 J Taylor Reimbursement of expenses – purchase of lock for Club Hall gate. 15.27 0.00 15.27
3798 J Taylor Reimbursement of mileage expenses: to / from Fleets Bridge to pick up L Link. 3.60 0.00 3.60
3799 St Marys Church, Lytchett Matravers Grant 2017 500.00 0.00 500.00
3800 Pamela White Internal Audits 16/17, year-end procedures 2017, payroll 16/17, prep of financial statements 16/17 1300.00 260.00 1560.00
3801 D & P Warr Hedge trimming, High Street (rec) 80.00 16.00 96.00
3802 Borough of Poole Remove and replace timber step risers, Foxhills Open Space 760.00 152.00 912.00

RESOLVED to approve.

11. to note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month The Parish Clerk is scheduled to attend the second of four CiLCA training days on 22nd June. A further training day takes place on 27th July. No other training has been undertake by the Clerk or members in the past month.

12. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents.

There were none.

13. CORRESPONDENCE

a. A local resident: Commented positively to Cllr Huggins on the attractiveness of the flower display on the bunds.

b. Cllr Cottman: Referred to correspondence he had received about a Dorset-wide organisation which supports small local charities by channelling donated funds to them. He wondered if it would be appropriate to publicise its work in the Lytchett Link.

14. To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.

The next meeting is due to take place on Monday 21st August 2017.

Items requested for future agendas:

· Review of meeting process and agendas – October Full Council

· To review the legal requirements, guidance and good practice for Annual Parish meetings and consider how this meeting can be best utilised as part of the communication strategy for Lytchett Matravers Parish Council.

.

The meeting closed at 8.40pm

Annotated by/on …………………………….. Signed by……………………