Minutes of a MEETING OF LYTCHETT MATRAVERS PARISH COUNCIL

Held on Monday September 18th 2017 at 7:00 in the Methodist Church, Lytchett Matravers.

PRESENT were Cllrs M Colvey, R Carswell, A Cottman, K Norris, P Webb, A Huggins, and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk).

Also present: District Councillor W. Meaden, County Cllr P Wharf and four members of the public.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION

  1. A resident questioned the level of VAT recorded as charged by the supplier on invoice 3814 which was authorised for payment under minute 12 of the meeting on 21st August. The same resident also asked for clarification of where the rental fees for the Lytchett Astro go. Cllr Colvey explained that this is now accounted for by the Sports Club in a separate bank account dedicated to that purpose, and that the money is intended to contribute to its upkeep and eventual replacement. The reliability of that process is given extra assurance in that Cllr Bush is also now the Treasurer of the Sports Club.
  2. A resident reported an incident which took place outside of the Tesco store. This concerned a vehicle without a blue badge showing was parked in the Disabled Bay and an elderly gentleman who was disabled had to park elsewhere and then struggled to get in the shop. When challenged, the occupiers of the car were abusive. The resident wondered what action the Parish Council might be able to take to prevent such antisocial behaviour. It was explained by County Cllr Wharf that DCC “Parking Services” dept have powers to monitor and enforce such parking bays. It was noted that the sign on the top of the post marking the bay is now missing. It was suggested that The Parish Clerk writes to DCC Parking Services to request that the sign is replaced. Action: Parish Clerk to write to DCC Parking Services accordingly. Finally residents are encouraged to note the registration numbers of vehicles parked obstructively and inform the police.

District Councillor’s Report

Cllr Meaden’s report is attached at appendix 1 to these minutes. There were no questions by members.

County Councillor’s Report

Cllr Wharf‘s report is attached at appendix 2 to these minutes. There were no questions by members.

1. To receive and consider apologies for absence – Cllrs J Taylor, C Wood, A Bush and B Barker.

2. TO RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY INTEREST; AND CONSIDER REQUESTS FOR SPECIAL DISPENSATIONS UNDER SECTION 33 OF THE LOCALISM ACT 2011.

There were none.

3. To consider applications for the casual vacancy for membership of the Council.

There were none.

4. To appoint a new council member, and receive the Acceptance of Office.

Related to item 3 above – nothing to report.

5. TO receive AND RESOLVE to APPROVE THE Minutes of The Full Council Meeting on 21st August 2017.

RESOLVED to approve as a true record of the meeting and signed by the meeting Chairman.

6. TO RECEIVE and consider REPORTS OF PAST SUBJECT MATTERS.

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk. The italics below indicates additional comments by members at the meeting.

  1. Minute 14, 21st September 2015 – website updating. At the April Full Council meeting it had been agreed that all members would send their personal profiles to Cllr Colvey again. There has been no report on any increase on the 3 members who have forwarded their profiles to Cllr Colvey. At the August meeting it had been agreed that Cllr Colvey should send a chaser to all those who had not responded. Cllr Colvey indicated that members would receive the chaser on this in time to produce their profiles for the next edition of Lytchett Link.
  2. Minute 13, 19th September 2016 – replacement of Wareham Rd bus stop adjacent to the primary school (also minute 10, 19th June 2017 – Morebus action to re-route their services within the village) The Bus stop has now been replaced. A new waste bin has now been delivered direct to the Handyman’s address ready for installation. Morebus have agreed to restore the bus routing, as reported at the last meeting. DISCHARGED.
  3. Minute 20, 17th October 2016 Decommissioning of Telephone Kiosks: A definitive response from BT is awaited.
  4. Minute 18 15th May 2017 – PDC Naming procedure for new roads. Noted that the Parish Council has given its view on this matter to PDC and the developer. DISCHARGED.
  5. Minute 11, 19thJune 2017 – traffic calming / traffic survey request to DCC. It had earlier been clarified that DCC require traffic survey requests to come formally from the Parish Council. Consequently the Parish Clerk wrote initially to Rob Camp at DCC on 7th July on the Council’s behalf. Following advice from Mr Camp the matter was referred on to Mr Danny Allen on 10th July, and as no response was received a chaser was send on 17th July and the matter referred to Mr Allen’s line manager, Steve Mepham. On 6th Sept Mr Mepham replied explaining that Mr Allen had moved to another department, but he advised that DCC Highways can organise traffic volume and speed surveys (at Parish Council expense) and he advised that Joe Allen is the DCC officer responsible for this type of work, whilst Phil Goodland (Community Highways Officer for the area) could look into speed reduction measures. He copied both officers in to his response. This email correspondence was subsequently copied by email to all Parish Council members on 7th Sept 2017 (09:28am) under the subject heading “Road safety – High Street, Lytchett Matravers”. The Parish Clerk sent an email to Joe Allen on 7th Sept asking for general advice as to how to progress the exploration of options for possible solutions to the traffic issues at both the Wareham Rd and High St locations. Joe Allen’s response copied in Helen Cardell and Paul Eastwood at DCC Highways both of whom may have a role in advising / arranging action to progress these matters. The Parish Council had already agreed at the August Full Council meeting that Cllr Bush would approach Helen Cardell regarding the Wareham Rd SCP point as part of his school representative remit, and that the Village Centre Shared Space Working Group would approach her regarding her advice on the Library / Rec intended crossing point (High St). Consequently, the above matters are now considered to be subsumed into the brief for the relevant new Working Group(s?) to progress. DISCHARGED.

In an effort to prevent drivers parking their vehicles on the pavement / verge of the corners at both sides of the junction of Deans Drove with Wareham Rd, at the Full Council meeting in August it had been RESOLVED that theParish Clerk should to prepare and send to DCC Highways department a letter expressing Parish Council support for the installation of bollards on the kerb edges on both corners at this junction. The Parish Clerk had done this by writing to Mr S Mepham. He reported to the September meeting that no response had yet been received, and that a chaser had been sent.

As agreed at the August meeting of the Full Council, the Parish Clerk reported that he had approached DCC Highways to obtain a copy of the Agency Agreement offered by them, in order to review it ready for consideration of the Council regarding sign-up.

  1. Public Participation – 21st August 2017 – reported hedge overgrowth. The area at the end of Willow Walk is being dealt with by Mr Mills. Action: Parish Clerk to check if this work has been completed. The area opposite the Rose & Crown PH has been reported to DCC and other locations at this junction taken up with the residents concerned.

7. CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS

Cllr Colvey reported that Cllr Bush would return from holiday week commencing 25th September. An informal meeting was scheduled to take place with representatives from DCC on 27th September.

8. To note the success of the double skin section of fence to Rocket Park, and to consider a proposal to apply the double skin to the remaining three sides.

The effectiveness of the side of the fence which had been “double skinned” was noted. It was RESOLVED to complete the other three sides in the same way; and the Parish Clerk was requested to obtain the required three quotations for the work accordingly. Action: Parish Clerk to obtain three quotations for consideration.

9. To consider a proposal for a revision of arrangements for Council meetings. A copy of the proposal and background information is contained in Appendix 3 to these minutes. It was RESOLVED by 5 votes (1 abstention) approve this proposed change, subject to also taking into consideration the views of the 4 members who were absent from this meeting.

10. To consider a proposal to clear undergrowth and shrubs along the metal fence adjacent to Library Walk, leaving just the oak trees and the low shrubs around the noticeboard and bordering High Street. It was RESOLVED to arrange for this work to be done, subject to consultation with DCC representatives on Wednesday 27th September. Action: Members present at the meeting with DCC to raise this matter.

11. To receive and note the content of reports from Sub Committees and Working Groups as required. It was RESOLVED to note and accept the report prepared by Cllr Huggins concerning the Huntick Rd Cycleway project. A copy of the report is attached at appendix 4 to these minutes.

12. TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE FOLLOWING COMMITEES AND TO NOTE THE DECISIONS MADE:

· Environment & Amenities Committee meeting on 4th September 2017

· Planning Committee meeting on 7th September 2017

Members noted that the PDC Planning Committee is expected to consider the proposal for a Rural Exception Site adjacent to Deans Drove on 27th October 2017. It was also noted that there has been no planning application submission to PDC Planning yet regarding a development on land adjacent to Huntick Rd.

It was RESOLVED to receive the minutes of both of these meetings and note their content.

13. To approve the following payments due:-

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
3821 T Watton Clerk’s salary – Sept (12 equal monthly payments by SO) 864.83 0.00 864.83
3822 DCC LGPS pension contrib September 343.62 0.00 343.62
3823 T Homer Handyman duties, August 2017 263.25 0.00 263.25
3824 Idverde Ltd Cemetery maintenance – Aug 2017 303.49 60.70 364.19
3825 Idverde Ltd Grass cutting, Southern end of Rec x 2, Aug 2017 43.00 8.60 51.60
3826 British Telecomms PLC Office phone and broadband Sept – Dec 2017 130.58 26.11 156.69
3827 Lytchett Matravers Methodist Church Fee for meeting room hire May-July 2017 225.00 0.00 225.00
3828 Association of Local Council Clerks ALCC annual membership for Parish Clerk 10.00 0.00 10.00
3829 Glasdon UK Ltd Purchase of Topsy 2000 waste bin for area near new bus stop 167.00 33.40 200.40
3830 R Carswell Reimbursement of purchase of padlock for Club Hall car park 16.04 3.21 19.25

RESOLVED to approve.

14. to note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month The Parish Clerk had attended the final of the four CiLCA training days. There was no training attended by Council members during the past month.

15. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents. There were none.

16. CORRESPONDENCE

(a) A series of email correspondence from a resident concerning the use to which Club Hall is put, and questioning the extent to which this is consistent with the terms of the land lease with DCC, and / or the intentions for the Hall referred to in the Neighbourhood Plan.

(b) Correspondence from the owner of the Pharmacy premises drawing attention to unauthorised signage posting by Tesco on a fence which is part of the Pharmacy premises.

(c) Notification of a planned informal meeting on Tuesday September 19th for Council members on with Mr Alan Davies of PDC Planning.

17. To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.

The next meeting is due on Monday 16th October 2017. Items requested for future agendas:

· Review of meeting process and agendas – October Full Council

· To review the legal requirements, guidance and good practice for Annual Parish meetings and consider how this meeting can be best utilised as part of the communication strategy for Lytchett Matravers Parish Council.

· To consider a proposal to demolish and remove the bus shelter at Lime Kiln Road opposite the war memorial.

.

The meeting closed at 8.15pm

Annotated by/on …………………………….. Signed by……………………