Minutes of the MEETING OF LYTCHETT MATRAVERS PARISH COUNCIL

Held on Monday July 20th 2015 at 7:00 in the Village Hall, Lytchett Matravers.

 

PRESENT were Cllrs: M Colvey, D Bevan, A Bush, A Huggins, K Norris, J Taylor, P Webb, C Wood and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk).

One member of the public was also present.

 

  1. REceipt of apologies for absence – Cllrs R Carswell, A Cottman, E Wilson, County Cllr F Drane and Dist Cllr W Meaden.

 

  1. CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS.

The Chairman formally welcomed D Bevan into membership of the Council.

He confirmed that he had attended the wake for former Cllr Bob Miller.

Cllr Colvey supported Cllr Bush’s idea for a list of projects to be managed by the council. He noted that the timing of this would seem to be suitable given that neighbourhood planning, which has occupied a lot of council members’ focus for some time is now drawing to a conclusion. He suggested that the next Finance & Policy Committee meeting includes a discussion about such a project list. The Parish Clerk indicated that he would produce a simple matrix which may be used to help prioritise such possible projects. Action: Parish Clerk to prepare and circulate the matrix accordingly.

 

  1. DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY INTEREST; AND CONSIDERATION OF REQUESTS FOR SPECIAL DISPENSATIONS UNDER SECTION 33 OF THE LOCALISM ACT 2011.

There were none.

 

  1. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION

Mrs Hampshire commented on the information that DCC highways will shortly be tar and gritting the surface of Huntick Road. She noted that DCC would then probably need to be reminded to reinstate the white lines.

Mrs. Hampshire also expressed concern about the Jubilee Walk footpath, as she has noticed that, despite it being a bridle way, people with horses are in the habit of using it. She is concerned about potential risks to safety if people with buggies and / or cycles meet horses there. The matter of access restrictions at both ends of the path have been discussed by the Council before, and she suggested the council consider this again in the light of this potential risk to public safety. Cllr Wood pointed out that this is a fully adopted footpath by DCC, so it is not unreasonable to expect some input and help from them. It was noted that Cllr Taylor has been in touch with John Wilkinson of the DCC Rights of Way department on this matter.

 

  1. THE MINUTES of the Council meeting on June 15th 2015 were approved as a true record of the meeting, and signed by the Chairman.

 

  1. MATTERS ARISING & UPDATE ON ACTION POINTS.
  1. Minute 13, 18th August 2014. Establishment of Google Diary. Cllr Carswell had previously commented that he would develop and circulate some instructions to guide members in how to link their diaries to the online calendar on the Council’s website; and also how to add items to the website calendar. Action: Cllr Carswell to prepare and email this briefing – CARRIED FORWARD.
  2. Minute 10, 15th September 2014. Litter bin for MUGA. Awaiting installation by the Village Handyman.  CARRIED FORWARD.
  • Minute 22, 19th January 2015 – Venues for Council meetings. As discussed previously, Cllr Wood reported that she had approached the Methodist Church about using their building for Council meetings. The Parish Clerk confirmed that he had sought the advice of DAPTC who had confirmed that it is acceptable to use church premises. However they had advised that it would be good practice to have an agenda item as some point to indicate that the meetings do not have a religious content or affiliation to any particular religion or religious denomination. Action: Parish Clerk to include this in a forthcoming agenda accordingly.
  1. Minute 8v, 16th February 2015 – DCC Members divisional budget. The youth / community element (£1000) requires a relevant group (or groups) to be prompted to approach Cllr Drane with the details of their project(s). It was noted that the Scouts have been in touch with Cllr Drane. Cllr Cottman is to chase up the Sports Club. Action: Cllr Cottman to contact the Sports Club again accordingly. CARRIED FORWARD.
  1. Minute 13, 16th February 2015 – Primrose donation to Village Hall toilets refurbishment project. The Parish Clerk reported that following correspondence with a managing director of Primrose Solar over the weekend of 18th-19th July, it has now been agreed that the company will meet the cost of the toilets refurbishment project.  All that remains is to arrange the details of the payment itself. Linda Perry of the Village Hall committee has already been informed, but advised that the contractor should not commence until payment is received.
  2. Minute 21, 18th May 2015 – Risk Assessments. It was noted that the risk assessment from Cllr Wood is outstanding.

 

  1. District Cllrs report.

District Cllr Webb provided the following report drawn from the proceedings of Purbeck District Council:

  • PDC have seen 111 moves of tenants from larger to smaller social housing properties since December 2014 as a result of a financial incentive scheme to encourage such moves to free up under-utilised accommodation.
  • There is a draft nitrogen reduction scheme for Poole harbour – to help alleviate the anticipated increases as a result of extra housing development within its water catchment area – i.e. the Piddle and Frome valleys. This is based around proposed nitrogen stripping plants of the water treatment works in the area. This proposal is currently out for consultation.
  • PDC has decided to disband its Overview & Scrutiny Committee.

 

  1. County Councillor’s report

County Cllr Drane was unable to be present.

 

  1. REPORTS FROM SUB-COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS

Neighbourhood Planning Group.

Cllr Bush reported that the six week public consultation period ended on 19th July.  The consultation with certain regulatory bodies continues for a little while longer as this started later. A meeting held during week commencing 13 July was used to map out the next steps. It is intended that the plan document will be finalised during August and submitted to Purbeck District Council. An initial brief formal response from PDC has been received regarding the draft document. This response merely dealt with matters of terminology and this advice will be borne in mind as the final document is produced. The grant claims ((one of from Purbeck District Council and a second one from central government) are being compiled based on costs expended. The government grant is somewhat more complicated and advice is being sought from the clerk of Bere Regis Parish Council who has particular experience of this.

 

  1. Recommendations from Committees:
  • Planning Committee – meeting 2nd July 2015:

There were no recommendations to bring forward.

 

  • Environment & Amenities Committee – meeting 6th July 2015:

There were no recommendations to bring forward.

 

It was RESOLVED to receive the minutes of both of the above meetings.

 

  1. Proposal for future meetings venue.

Cllrs Wood and Huggins visited the Methodist Church to review the accommodation and speak to the churchwardens. Cllr Huggins had prepared a report on the findings of this visit, but it was noted that it had been sent to some but not all members. Action: Report to be circulated to all members. It was proposed to move all council meetings to the Methodist Church for a trial period of six months.  After some discussion it was noted that the bookings with the Village Hall extended until the end of July only – thus ending with this present meeting. Contact details for the Methodist Church were passed to the Parish Clerk to follow-up with the detail in order to book meetings, and to provide them with any necessary documentation they may need. Action: Parish Clerk to liaise with representatives of the Methodist Church and take whatever action is necessary.

 

  1. Update on Progress towards SILCA

The Parish Clerk reported that the main substantial piece of evidence he still needed to put together is a report for publication. He indicated that he intended preparing a report to accompany the 2014/15 financial statements. He hoped this work may be useful in serving as a template for a similar report for subsequent years. In addition to producing this, all other evidence prepared earlier requires a review to ensure it remains up to date with latest guidance or legislation. He hoped that the entire evidence package would be ready to submit in the Autumn.

 

  1. Report of any training activity undertaken in the past month.

There was none.

 

  1. Reports of Representatives (by exception):-
 Village Hall DAPTC Footpaths School Liaison
Youth Organisations Sports Club    

Sports Club: It was noted that Cllrs Colvey and Cottman will be meeting the Sports Club Secretary, Mike Fudge.

Footpaths: It was reported that Jubilee Walk is now clear of the fallen tree. The fence needs to be competed on Willow Walk.

 

  1. Council to approve the following payments already made: –
Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
3471 HMRC PAYE and ENI quarter 1 2015/16 921.60 0.00 921.60

The Council APPROVED this.

 

  1. Council to approve the following payments due : –
Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
3472 T Watton Clerk’s salary –  July (12 equal monthly payments  by standing order) 905.05 0.00 905.05
3473 T Homer Handyman duties – June 272.25 0.00 272.25
3474 Continental Landscapes Grass Cutting, Southern end of Rec – June 20.00 4.00 24.00
3475 The Landscape Group Cemetery maintenance – June 303.49 60.70 364.19
3476 Brighstone Landscaping Ltd Foxhills Open Space maintenance: April-June 2015 620.43 124.09 744.52
3477 Anglebury Press Printing 1500 copies Lytchett Link no 56 302.00 0.00 302.00
3478 N W Adams Play areas ROSPA inspection and report 2015. 186.00 37.20 223.20
3479 DAPTC Annual membership subscription 2015 767.11 0.00 767.11
3480 Southern Electric Car park lighting quarter 1 2015/16 16.58 0.82 17.40
3481 BWBSL (Wessex Water) Allotment water supply Dec 2014-June 2015 183.02 0.00 183.02
3482 E Wilson Reimbursement of travel cost for attendance at DAPTC area committee meeting. 14.80 0.00 14.80
3483 K Norris Reimbursement for purchase of 5 x litter pickers 25.31 5.06 30.37
3484 J Watson First prize, best kept allotment 15.00 0.00 15.00
3485 A White Second prize, best kept allotment 10.00 0.00 10.00
3486 S Cullen Third prize, best kept allotment 5.00 0.00 5.00

The Council APPROVED the above payments.

With regard to the allotment prizes, Cllr Colvey asked the Parish Clerk to provide him with a copy of the letter to the previous first prize winner so that he may arrange to collect the cup ready for this year’s presentation. Action: Parish Clerk to send the details to Cllr Colvey.

 

  1. “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents –  record of decisions taken by Parish Clerk.

The Parish Clerk had no decisions to report.  However, he advised that he would need to contact HSBC to transfer funds to the current account to meet the payments listed above. The council approved this.

 

  1. CORRESPONDENCE.

The Parish Clerk reported on receipt of a hard copy of the forms and background information for the latest consultation on the Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole Draft Waste Plan consultation – (i) Minerals Sites Plan and (ii) Draft Waste Plan.

Cllr Wood reported that she had emailed a contact regarding the former British Legion Club requesting that they deal with fly tipping problems and the fact that the building is becoming damaged and insecure. She has been given assurances that this will be attended to.  However, concerns remain and it is clear that the building and site needs to be closely monitored.

Cllr Huggins has been in contact with the volunteers willing to tidy up the roundabouts on Landers Reach. He indicated that he would put together a risk assessment and ensure they also received a safety briefing based on the one used for litter picking.

 

  1. MATTERS OF INTEREST AND INFORMATION

Cllr Taylor highlighted that there was an opportunity, whilst Dorset County Council Highways dept are doing some resurfacing work locally, to tarmac the eastern entrance to the car park.  In the light of this time critical opportunity, the council exceptionally AGREED to authorise Cllr Taylor to agree this work with DCC at a cost of up to £900.

Cllr Norris commented on the most recent litter pick – noting that it had been very successful.

 

 

The meeting closed at 9:05pm.

 

Annotated by/on ……………………………..            Signed by……………………