Minutes of a MEETING OF LYTCHETT MATRAVERS PARISH COUNCIL

Held on Monday November 21st 2016 at 7:00 in the Methodist Church, Lytchett Matravers.

PRESENT were Cllrs M Colvey, A Cottman, J Gracey, A Huggins, K Norris, J Taylor, P Webb, E Wilson, C Wood, and Krystyna Bradbury (Locum Parish Clerk).

County Cllr F Drane, and one member of the public were also present.

1. REceipt of apologies for absence – Cllr A Bush, R Carswell District Councillor Mrs Wendy Meaden, Mr T Watton

2. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION

Mr Russell handed in the completed forms from stewards/volunteers at the Remembrance Day Parade. About 400 people attended and Mr Russell thanked the Parish Council for its help in organising the event. He also invited councillors to attend the Carol Service to be held in the Village Hall at 10.30 on Sunday 11th December 2016

3. CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS.

The Chairman made a collection to send District Councillor Meaden a bunch of flowers with best wishes for a speedy recovery

4. DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY INTEREST; AND CONSIDERATION OF REQUESTS FOR SPECIAL DISPENSATIONS UNDER SECTION 33 OF THE LOCALISM ACT 2011. Cllr Gracey declared an interest in item 16 on the agenda “Cheques for Payment” as one of the cheques was payment to her husband for the maintenance of the website. Cllr Gracey abstained from the voting on this item

5. Minutes of Council Meeting on 17th OctobeR 2016 were approved as a true record of the meeting. The minutes were then signed by the Chairman.

6. MATTERS ARISING & UPDATE ON ACTION POINTS.

i. Minute 14, 21st September 2015 – website updating. It was noted that producing the set of personal profiles is still in train and Councillor Colvey will follow up any outstanding profiles.

ii. Minute 13, 19th September 2016 – replacement of Wareham Rd bus stop adjacent to the primary school. The tree behind the bus stop has now been removed and the remains of the bus shelter have been made safe. It was noted that a surveyor has been out to look at the remains of the shelter and his estimate for remedial work is pending.

iii. Minute 20, 19th September 2016 – removal of broken bench at the Recreation Ground. This bench has now been dismantled and removed. Councillor Norris will inspect the state of repair of the other benches on the recreation gound

iv. Minute 20, 17th October 2016 – Decommissioning of Telephone Kiosks:Cllr Colvey is following up on this and will be prepared to make an application to adopt the kiosks should the objection to decommissioning of the kiosks fail.

7. District Cllrs report.

Cllr Meaden reported on the following:

The intervening days since the last Parish Council meeting had been taken up largely by the Partial Review of Purbeck’s Local Plan (PRAG) and Reshaping Your Councils. Cllr Meaden had attended a roadshow at Upton on 19th October regarding the latter. It is understood that the consultation response rate had improved – Purbeck’s no longer being the lowest in Dorset. Briefings are due to take place for councillors in December regarding the outcome of the public consultation.

Cllr Meaden reported that she had attended a meeting at PDC with the Environment Agency and Lympwatch (the protest group to building 650 new homes in Lytchett Minster). At that meeting the Environment Agency had produced their report regarding the flooding issue at the very last moment and managed to present it to Lympwatch prior to the meeting – but not to anyone else including Members. In Cllr Meaden’s view Lympwatch did an excellent presentation of their findings regarding the flooding issue. They briefly touched upon the Green Belt issue also. The EA and DCC said that there was nothing in the report to prevent the building of the 650 new homes although they did admit that mitigation measures would need to be made against future flooding. It would be a case of whether or not the developer would be prepared to pay for the necessary infrastructure, whatever that may be, or not.

She observed that most members of the Parish Council had been at the most recent PRAG meeting held at Purbeck School. She wished to emphasise that all of the Purbeck councillors had been dismayed about this whole issue since it was first raised – and had challenged, battled and resisted the process which had to be gone through. Having been to Westminster, the only glimmer of light appeared to be that public opinion could possibly overthrow the process. That is why all of the District councillors had been attending protest meetings, and had encouraged a thorough public consultation in order to finally get the excellent response from the public. Cllr Meaden hoped that the Dist Council can now work with the protest groups, other interested bodies and members of the public, to come up with a strategy and evidence to get the housing numbers reduced.

Cllr Meaden is leading on the Nitrogen Mitigation issue for Poole Harbour. She has spoken with Dr. Warne, one of the speakers at the last PRAG meeting who had collected facts and figures about human sewerage and its potential ill effects. This may be an opportunity where the council, a member of the public and Wessex Water could work together. She had been invited to a meeting with various agencies on this subject.

Due to legal challenges nationally it looks as if PDC will have to change its local connection on the Housing Register from 5 years to 2 years. Cllr Meaden had attended some training to help her in her role on the Audit and Governance Committee. Also in that role she toured some local Dorset Waste Partnership sites to see where a Biomass Burner is being built which should make a saving on our waste disposal costs and landfill costs in the future. It should be completed and in operation by March next year. Much of Dorset’s waste is being exported to Rotterdam at the moment and despite the exchange rate not being that good, is showing improved financial performance over last year.

Cllr Meaden attended the Lord Lieutenant of Dorset’s Meritorious Awards Ceremony in her civic capacity as Vice-Chairman of PDC and took a resident of the village with her. She reported that it was an amazing evening with a certain amount of pomp and circumstance, but all to celebrate the time, effort and courage shown by the recipients of the awards.

Finally, she expressed her feeling of pride to see the Remembrance Service at the War Memorial. Unfortunately she was not able to be at the Service in the Village Hall due to an appointment to see a village resident at 10 a.m. regarding the PRAG issue. However, at the War Memorial the new vicar, the public address system, the music and the trumpet of Philip Wadham all went to make for a very good and duly respectful event. She also felt that there were more people attending this year. I observed that the road closure makes a difference and Mr Mills had made an excellent job of keeping the area well- trimmed, neat and tidy. Well done to everyone.

An issue arose concerning PRAG and meetings of the CALM group. It was considered that it would be most helpful if County and District Councillors could attend some of these meetings. CALM would be sending an invitation to Cllr P. Webb to attend the next meeting of the group

8. County Councillor’s report

County Cllr Drane reported on the followin

Cllr Drane’s monthly emailed report was not received by the Parish Clerk.

9. REPORTS FROM SUB-COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS

Village Hall Toilets Refurbishment Working Group – The toilets have been fitted. However Cllr Cindy Wood questioned why an extra £3,000 was paid out for the skylights without prior consultation with members. It was pointed out that the grant was for £25,000 for refurbishment of the toilet facilities and at that point there had still been £5000 left. The revised plans for the skylights would avoid future problems with condensation and mould and would reduce the electricity bills.

Sports Club Governance Working Group – There has still not been any meeting of the Sports Club Management Committee and no further information regarding finances. Another working Group meeting will be arranged by Councillor Webb

Neighbourhood Planning Working Group – It was reported that the Inspector’s questions have been answered and the group is awaiting his final reply.

Huntick Cycle Way Working Group – A copy of the Cycling and Walking Strategy has been obtained and DCC is being pushed to get the Huntick Road Cycleway into the Local Transport Plan

10. Recommendations from Committees:

(a) Environment & Amenities Cttee – meeting 7th November 2016:

· There were no recommendations from the Environment Committee

It was RESOLVED to receive the minutes of this meeting.

11. Consideration of nomination for PDC “Volunteer of the Year” award.

Only one name was put forward for consideration. Mrs Rosalia Harris has organised the poppy appeal and the wreaths for Remembrance Day for many years and has retired this year due to ill health. It was agreed to inform Mrs Harris of her nomination. Cllr Gracey nominated and votes were 7 in favour, one abstention. There were no other nominations put forward.

12. Consideration of draft letter to Lighthouse Family Church regarding tenure of Club Hall – Cllr Colvey.

Cllrs Wilson, Taylor and Colvey had a meeting with the Scouts. It was noted that the inside of the building is looking very good and The Lighthouse Church have made a great deal of effort to make it so. However, the Council agreed that it cannot make any guarantees as to how long the building will be available beyond the annual rolling licensing agreement that is in place at present. It was decided to write to Lighthouse that the Parish Council will continue with the current annual licensing arrangement.

It was agreed to delegate Cllr Bush to formally notify PDC regarding the intention to bid for the former RBL Club premises as a Community Asset. The was proposed by Cllr Norris and seconded by Cllr Webb.

13. Report of any training activity undertaken in the past month.

There had been none.

14. Reports of Representatives (by exception):-

Village Hall DAPTC Footpaths School Liaison
Youth Organisations Sports Club

School Liaison: Fencing around the playground is broken

15. Council to approve the following payments already made

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
3670 S R Skucha Home Improvements Invoice 2 for materials for Village Hall toilets refurbishment project. 10,000 0.00 10,000
3671 S R Skucha Home Improvements Invoice 3 for materials for Village Hall toilets refurbishment project. 3,000 0.00 3,000

16.Council to approve the following payments due:-

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
3672 T Watton Clerk’s salary – November (12 equal monthly payments by SO) 848.68 0.00 848.68
3673 DCC LGPS pension contrib Nov. 270.32 0.00 270.32
3674 T Homer Handyman duties, October. 279.65 0.00 279.65
3675 The Landscape Group Cemetery maintenance – October 2016 303.49 60.70 364.19
3676 Lytchett Matravers Methodist Church Hire for meetings – August – October 2016 175.00 0.00 175.00
3677 Toye Kenning & Spencer Updating of Council pendant regalia 124.90 24.98 149.88
3678 M B Wilkes Soil for bund 371.60 74.32 445.92
3679 Brighstone Landscaping Ltd Maintenance of Foxhills Open Space Jul-Sept 2016 620.43 124.09 744.52
3680 M Gracey Annual renewal of website hosting 2016 120.00 0.00 120.00
3681 A Huggins Reimbursement of expenses incurred in purchase of:

i) equipment for litter pick

ii) adjustment to CALM banner

94.00 3.60 97.60
3682 Fields In Trust Fee for Land Registry Register of Title & Title Plan for Old school Green 6.00 0.00 6.00
3683 T Watton Reimbursement of mileage and office expenses incurred 119.35 0.00 119.35

Council APPROVED all of the above payments. Cllr J. Gracey and Cllr A. Huggins abstained as they both had cheques on the list

17. “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents – record of decisions taken by Parish Clerk.

There were none.

18. CORRESPONDENCE.

Pension Regulator, Automatic Enrolment Duties:The Pensions Regulator has writtento confirm that the last step of the pension process has been completed

19. MATTERS OF INTEREST AND INFORMATION

It was reported that several names have been added to the Parish Council Insignia bringing the list up to date.

The meeting closed at 8.45

Annotated by/on …………………………….. Signed by……………………