FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING
Lytchett Matravers Parish Council
MINUTES of the Meeting held on 10th October 2016 in the Methodist Church, Wareham Rd, Lytchett Matravers at 7:00 p.m.
PRESENT: Cllrs K Norris, A Bush, M Colvey, J Gracey, and the Parish Clerk (Mr T Watton).
1. APOLOGIES. Cllrs C Wood and P Webb.
2. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION There was none.
3. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.
There was none.
4. MINUTES OF THE MEETING on 8th August 2016 were ACCEPTED as a true record.
5. MATTERS ARISING
Minute 12, 6th June 2011. Security of council papers & records. It was noted that one Council minute book is still with Cllr Bush, who is currently making an electronic copy. Carried forward.
Minute 15, 8th August 2016 – Sports Club rent invoice. The committee noted with disappointment and concern that the Sports Club had still not paid this outstanding invoice. Cllr Bush indicated that he and Cllr Webb would take this up with the Sports Club.
6. Receipt of LATEST 2016/17 bank reconciliation and accounts. The Parish Clerk referred to the bank reconciliation and accounts update which had been circulated to all members prior to this meeting. The committee noted that, stripping out the exceptional expenditures of the Prudential investment and the 1st stage payment for the Village Hall toilets refurbishment project, this year’s total expenditure to date is very close to the same period last year. It was resolved to RECOMMEND acceptance of the Bank Reconciliation and Accounts update as attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes.
7. Brief for affordable housing meeting. Following a wide ranging discussion the following three topics were identified to offer up for discussion at this meeting set up by PDC:
- Such housing should meet the needs of the local community, but not to meet the demand for second / holiday homes.
- Councils should take back responsibility for housing provision and management.
- Accommodation provision should be subsidised for qualifying local residents.
It was noted that the topic suggestions should go to Chris McDermott and the meeting will take place on either 16th November (at 2pm) or 17th November (at 6pm) depending on the majority of the attendee preferences. Cllr Norris will contact Ms McDermott to advise of the topic suggestions, and seek to verify the date of the meeting. Cllr Colvey indicated that he would be able to attend if other members were unable to.
8. FINANCE AND POLICY RELATED CORRESPONDENCE Cllr Colvey drew attention to a letter from Michael Tomlinson MP to the Principal Transport Planner, DCC, expressing strong support for the Huntick Cycleway project. .
9. MATTERS OF INTEREST AND INFORMATION RELATED TO FINANCE AND POLICY
Cllr Bush asked who is coordinating the plan for the removal / replacement of the bus shelter in Wareham Rd and the related works on the roadside verge and the land behind it. It was understood that Cllr Wood is working on this and so Cllr Bush indicated that he would contact her about the matter.
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 20:25
Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………