Citizens Advice offer a wide range of advice to help you find a way forward and you can book an appointment to meet with them in Lytchett Matravers Library on a Thursday afternoon if you want an in-person chat.
Whatever your problem, their advice is free, confidential and impartial, including help with:
- Benefits entitlement and claims
- Debt management, budgeting and income maximisations
- Employment advice including statutory sick pay and rights when laid off work
- Advice for the self-employed including the Income Support Scheme
- Energy and water advice, and supporting schemes
- Housing and advice if at risk of homelessness
- Referrals for charitable support or to food banks, etc.
They have a wealth of self-help advice on their website https://edpcitizensadvice.org.uk/. But there are also a number of ways to access their help in person. You can talk to one of their advisers by phoning Dorset Adviceline on the freephone number 0800 144 8848 10am – 4pm any weekday. Alternatively, you can complete an enquiry form online at https://edpcitizensadvice.org.uk/get-advice/by-email to request an email or telephone call back. For Lytchett Matravers residents you can also make an appointment to meet them in Lytchett Matravers Library [High Street, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BG] on a Thursday afternoon from 1:30pm.
In addition, there are other drop-ins sessions available at their various district offices if that is more convenient for you:
- Monday & Wednesday 10.30 – 1pm ~ Wimborne Office
- Tuesday & Thursday 10:30-1pm ~ Wareham Office
- Tuesday & Thursday 10am-2pm ~ Ferndown Library
- Thursday 10am – 2pm ~ The Centre, Barns Road, Ferndown
Check out their website https://edpcitizensadvice.org.uk/get-advice/in-person for further details and their district office addresses