We were going to put a status bulletin up on our LMPC website, but as the situation changes so often, it is more important that we direct you to reliable sources that can keep you informed.
In line with the Government’s Coronavirus action plan – which sets out measures we need to put into place – Dorset now has a multi-agency co-ordination group. This group brings together all agencies including councils, public health, NHS services and other public sector groups.
Across the region there is a communication chain where the Director of Public Health for Dorset and BCP Councils will be updated of any confirmed cases that occur in either council area. Public Health England will inform and involve Public Health Dorset where action is needed. If you haven’t been contacted by Public Health England there is no need to act.
There is a range of very helpful national guidance available which provides information for a range of sectors.
- You can find more information about coronavirus at uk/coronavirus.
- Public Health England has published information and advice on coronavirus COVID-19.
- National Government advice at gov.uk/coronavirus where you can find specific guidance documents for schools, transport workers, social care and community care settings and information for businesses and employers.
- Dorset Council advice and updates are available at https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/emergencies-severe-weather/emergencies/coronavirus/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-advice.aspx
- And you can also sign up for alerts at https://dorsetcouncil.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=c39535cf4f9d1ca66af8d2b44&id=bc36c80975
- You can sign up for email alerts about: Coronavirus (COVID-19): UK government response at https://www.gov.uk/email-signup/confirm?link=%2Fgovernment%2Ftopical-events%2Fcoronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
- For news updates you can visit BBC News – England at https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england
On behalf of Dorset Council we’d like to reassure people that the risk to the general public remains low to moderate and that we are working with NHS colleagues to do everything we can to stop the virus spreading and make sure the people of Dorset are protected as much as possible.
Good hygiene is the best prevention and there are some simple steps you can take to protect you and your family by washing your hands regularly and thoroughly and if you cough, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue.