Unfortunately, there has recently been an increase in fly-tipping around the village.
If you see a fly-tip, please make a note of where it is, take a picture if you can, and note down any other details. Never touch the waste or confront fly-tippers. You can report it to Dorset Council via their online form and by calling them on 01305 221040. Where there is sufficient evidence they will investigate fly-tipping incidents and attempt to trace and prosecute anyone found to be fly-tipping on public land.
As a guide, when handing over any waste to a contactor, the Dorset Council SCRAP programme advises the following:
- Suspect all waste carriers until they have provided their licence
- Check their licence details on the public register for waste carriers
- Refuse unexpected offers to take your waste away
- Ask how your rubbish will be disposed of
- Paperwork – get an invoice or receipt for the waste they’re taking, including their contact details.