MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
Weds 27th April 2022, at 7:00 p.m. in the Village Hall
Council Office, Vineyard Close, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DD Office 01202-624530
Public Participation Session (Standing Orders Suspended): An opportunity for members of the public to raise issues of concern or interest – e.g. ask a question, make a statement or present a petition. (Standing Orders Suspended).
Report by Dorset Councillors (Standing Orders Suspended)
All Council decisions must give due consideration to their impact on the community’s carbon footprint.
1. To receive and consider apologies for absence.
2. To receive any declarations of interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.
3. To receive and resolve to approve minutes of Council meeting held on 23rd March 2022.
4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters (for the purposes of report only).
5. Chair’s announcements (for the purposes of report only).
6. To receive and note the content of the minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee Meeting on 13th April 2022 (for purposes of report only)
7. To consider the following recommendations from the Finance & General Purposes Committee
7.1 (minute 4 v) That the roof of the bus shelter opposite the war memorial is removed by a specialist asbestos contractor, the brickwork is demolished and removed from site, the base is made good, and then the surrounding soil level raised to the level of the surface of the base
7.2 (minute 18) The replacement of the small (and damaged) bin positioned within the Rocket Park Play area with a standard round bin of a similar type to those installed elsewhere on the Rec (i.e. Topsy 2000).
7.3 (minute 18) The replacement of the elderly rectangular bin adjacent to the upper car park located approx. halfway between the Sports Pavilion and the Village Hall with a standard round bin of a similar type to those installed elsewhere on the Rec (i.e. Topsy 2000)
7.4 (minute 19) That the supplier selected from the three quotes obtained was Caloo (F&GP 8th Dec 2021) at a cost of £12K, to supply and install plus a maintenance contract at £395pa.
7.5 (minute 19) That the supplier selected from the three quotes obtained for ground works and installation of rubber mulch was Fletchamore at £8468
7.6 (minute 20) To place the order for the purchase of 4 x benches and 4 x picnic tables (2 x round and 2 x rectangular) with Play Area Hygiene Services in Totnes on the basis that recent enquires by Cllr Huggins revealed that they were still the most competitive on price, as well as also having the shortest lead time.
8. To consider planning application P/LBC/2022/02269 Castle Farm House Castle Farm Road Lytchett Matravers Poole. Minor alterations to approved flat roof dormers under Planning Permission refs. 6/2020/0555 and 6/2020/0556. Proposed alterations include addition of upstand at rear of flat roof to accommodate lead detailing requirements, change of fall to fascia with ogee gutter and downpipes.
9. To consider planning application P/FUL/2022/00691 15 Dillons Gardens Lytchett Matravers Poole BH16 6DW. Demolish existing buildings and erect 6no. houses with parking.
10. To receive a report from the Climate Change Emergency Working Group (for purposes of report only).
11. To receive a report from the Huntick Road Cycleway Working Group (for purposes of report only).
12. To receive a report from the Village Environment Working Group (for purposes of report only).
13. To receive a report from the Neighbourhood Plan 2 Working Group (for purposes of report only).
14. To receive a report from the Queens Jubilee Working Group (for purposes of report only).
15. To receive an update report from Cllr Huggins on the arrangements for “First Aid Training for Parents” which the Parish Council has agreed to host (for purposes of report only).
16. To consider a proposal to purchase 8 more litter picker sticks at a cost of £28.49 from Amazon, to replace broken ones.
17. To receive a report on spending against the Groundwork UK Grant and to approve any unspent funds (Neighbourhood Plan 2).
18. To consider a paper in response to public’s correspondence request for football goals on the Foxhills Open Space.
19. To consider a proposal to increase the Parish Clerk’s pay in line with the national salary award 2021/22 agreement published on 2 March 2022 – i.e. an increase from £12.73 to £12.95 per hour (SPC17) backdated to 1st April 2021.
20. To resolve to approve the following payments already made:
|To Whom||For What||Net||VAT||Total|
|Octopus Energy||Sports Pavilion electricity charge for period 1st- 31st Mar 2022||65.85||3.29||69.14|
|British Telecom||Office phone and broadband – Mar 2022||44.02||8.80||52.82|
|SSE||Car park lighting quarter 4 2021/22||16.32||0.80||17.12|
21. To resolve to approve the following payments due:
|To Whom||For What||Net||VAT||Total|
|T Watton||Clerk’s salary – April 2022 (12 equal monthly payments by SO)||1039.25||0.00||1039.25|
|Dorset County Pension Fund||LGPS pension contrib April 2022||383.38||0.00||383.38|
|Idverde Ltd||Cemetery maintenance Mar 2022, Inv 10838808||303.49||60.69||364.18|
|Lytchett Matravers Village Hall||Hire of all for meetings 13th Oct 2021- 13th Apr 2022 inclusive||325.00||0.00||325.00|
|Lytchett Matravers Village Hall||Electricity used in Parish Council Office 1 Apl 2021- 31 Mar 2022||21.22||0.00||21.22|
|Lytchett Matravers Sports Club||Reimbursement to LMSC for cost of water supplier to LM Scouts hut (first half of 2021/22)||45.95||0.00||45.95|
|Dorset Council||Rights of Way partnership agreement – maintenance of Jubilee Walk / Church Walk fee for 2022/23||490.00||0.00||490.00|
|Dorset Council||Annual rental fee for land at Lytchett Matrave4s Youth Club / Club Hall||15.00||0.00||15.00|
|Dorset Council||Funding for additional opening hour at Lytchett Matravers Library 2021/22||1439.00||0.00||1439.00|
22. To note any training by members or the Clerk in the past month (for the purposes of report only).
23. To note any decisions / action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, record of decisions and access to documents (for purposes of report only).
24. Correspondence received (for purposes of report only).
25. To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.
Members are reminded that the Parish Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (including: race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status and any disability); Crime & Disorder; Health & Safety; and Human Rights.
Parish Clerk: T. Watton Date: April 2022