Meeting of the Parish Council – Weds 27th September 2023 at 7.00 p.m. in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall.
Tim Watton, Parish Clerk. Council Office, Vineyard Close, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DD.
Email: lytchettmatravers or call 07596 885667.
Copies of related reports for the items below are available on request to the Parish Clerk by 7pm on Tuesday 26th September 2023
A G E N D A
All Council decisions must give due consideration to their impact on the community’s carbon footprint.
Report by Dorset Councillors (Standing Orders Suspended)
Public Participation – (standing orders suspended).
1. To receive and consider apologies for absence.
2. To receive any declarations of interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011
3. To consider any applications for the casual vacancy on the Parish Council.
4. To receive and resolve to approve minutes of the combined Council meeting held on 9th August 2023, and the Extraordinary Council meeting held on 13th September.
5. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters on the minutes of the Full Council meeting (for purposes of report only).
6. Chair’s announcements.
7. To receive and note the content of the minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee Meeting on 13th September 2023 (for purposes of report only)
8. To consider the following recommendations from the F&GP Cttee meeting on 13h September 2023
(i) That the holders to the two allotments plots identified as neglected are now given an ultimatum of substantially dealing with the weeds and general untidiness within the next 2 weeks, or disqualifying themselves from rental renewal for 2024.
(ii) That the holders of the two identified unkempt allotment plots are written to with a warning of the need to tidy them up.
(iii) That Fletchamoore (Poole) Ltd are invited to undertake the work of installing 5 new dropped kerbs, subject to satisfactory review of their original quote issued some months ago, and that it remains within a max of £13K (+VAT), which includes a 10% contingency sum.
(iv) The removal of the trees and scrub at Turbetts Green to create a clear “corridor” adjacent to the garages.
9. To consider planning application P/HOU/2023/04978 Sonora Flowers Drove Lytchett Matravers BH16 6BX. Remove rear conservatory and erect single storey extension. Erection two storey front extension. Extend and add balcony to existing dormer window at rear and add dormer window with balcony on North Elevation.
10. To receive a report from the Village Environment Working Group (for purposes of report only).
11. To receive a report from the Highways Working Group (for purposes of report only).
12. To receive a report from the Neighbourhood Plan 2 Working Group (for purposes of report only).
13. To receive a report from the Lytchett Matravers Youth Hall Working Group (for purposes of report only)
14. To consider quotes received for a parish – wide survey of the health or all trees on Parish Council owned or managed land and to appoint a contractor to undertake the survey.
15. To consider and decide on a date for an autumn litter pick.
16. To Consider a proposal for 4 traffic surveys to be conducted by Dorset Council Highways on each side of the Rose and Crown crossroads, at a total cost of £875 +VAT, as a necessary prerequisite to an application for 20mph in the village.
17. Receive summary report on and recommendations arising from the annual play equipment inspection reports.
18. To consider a proposal to transfer £60,000 each to the Council’s bank accounts with Lloyds, Santander and HSBC.
19. Consideration of offer from UtilityAid for the “National Charity Tender” for electricity contracts. (see email to members 22nd Sept 2023).
20. To resolve to approve the following payments already made:
|To Whom||For What||Net||VAT||Total|
|HSBC||Bank charges to 31st Aug 2023||5.00||0.00||5.00|
21. To resolve to approve the following payments due:
|To Whom||For What||Net||VAT||Total|
|T Watton||Clerk’s salary – Sept 2023.||1138.80||0.00||1138.80|
|HMRC||PAYE & ENI – Sept 2023.||388.75||0.00||388.75|
|Dorset County Pension Fund||LGPS pension contrib Sept 2023||420.13||0.00||420.13|
|T Homer||Handyman duties, Aug 2023||320.41||0.00||320.41|
|A Bush||Reimbursement of expenditure on behalf of Council||36.75||4.84||41.59|
|T Watton||Reimbursement of expenditure incurred on behalf of Council||TBA||TBA||TBA|
22. Training by members or the Clerk in the past month (for the purposes of report only).
23.To note any decisions / action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, record of decisions and access to documents (for purposes of report only).
24. To note correspondence received.
Members are reminded that the Parish Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability); Crime & Disorder; Health & Safety; and Human Rights.
Signed: T Watton Date: September 2023