Lytchett Matravers Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting on Thursday 5th February 2015 in the Village Hall, Lytchett Matravers at 7:30 pm.
PRESENT were: Cllrs C Wood, R Carswell, A Huggins, I Maitland, J Taylor, E Wilson, and P Webb
One member of the public was also present.
1. APOLOGIES: Mr T Watton, Parish Clerk.
2. DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY INTEREST: There were none.
3. Public participation (standing orders suspended). Mr Smith – Charborough Close – broadly in favour of Scout Hut proposal but felt design submitted was excessive in size in comparison to the existing building, was too close to neighbours and could damage trees. The style of an industrial unit was also to be regretted.
4. Minutes of meeting held on 1st December 2014 were unanimously agreed as an accurate record and were signed by the meeting Chairman.
5. MATTERS ARISING.
6/2014/0567 Mr Lovell 4 Pryors Walk, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6NH. Erect rear conservatory. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
6/2014/0590 Mr D Harvey. 7 Huntick Estate, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6EB. Demolish existing extension and erect single storey side extension. Install dropped kerbs to existing car parking area. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
6/2014/0601 OOTA Property Ltd. 40 Glebe Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6EH. Minor material amendment to PP 6/203/0457 (Sever plot and erect four bedroom two-storey detached dwelling with integral garage; modify vehicular access) to allow 1: Amendments to window positions and sizes. 2: To alter the roof storage space over the integral garage into en-suite facilities for Bedroom 2. 3: To alter the roof storage space to the main house into Bedroom 4 with en-suite facility. 4: To move the chimney to the outside wall of the South East Elevation, (including removal of 3 windows) 5: To remove access window/door onto terrace to S.E. Elevation. 6: Internal alterations to room layout. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
6/2014/0604 Mr R. K. Griffin, Glen Dale, Deans Drove, Lytchett Matravers. Erect front porch. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
6/2014/0614. Mr & Mrs Lawrence O’Hara. Quarr Cottage, Halls Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6EP. Erect single storey extension, erect first floor balcony and insert two new dormer windows. Form new window openings, adapt existing window openings, infill existing porch and replace conservatory roof with zinc covering. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
6/2014/0622 Ms Bronwen Harvey. 212 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6DU. Create new driveway with turning area. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
6/2014/0626 Mr Jackson. Old Coach House, Peatons Lane, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6HW. Erect single & two storey extensions to rear of dwelling plus raised patio to rear. PASS shows that this application has been withdrawn.
6/2014/0643 OOTA Property Ltd. Site rear of 1 Foxhills Crescent, Foxhills Road, Lytchett Matravers. Sever land and erect detached two bedroomed bungalow with rooms in roof with access to Foxhills Road. The council wish to raise an OBJECTION on the grounds that the proposal appears cramped on this plot and thus an example of overdevelopment. Both the design, and the scale in relation to the size of the plot, appear to be out of keeping with the surrounding area. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
6/2014/0645 Mr J Banfield. 24 Old Chapel Drive. Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6HA. Apply Marley Eternit Cedral Weatherboard to all elevations of existing house. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
6. 6/2015/6/2015/0012 Mr & Mrs Webb. Old Park Farmhouse, Dolmans Hill, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6HP. Sever plot, change of use of agricultural building to a single dwelling, partial demolition of a separate agricultural building, formation of hardstanding and new landscaping. NO OBJECTION.
7. 6/2015/0024 1st Lytchett Matravers Scout Group. High Street (Lytchett Matravers Youth Hall), Lytchett Matravers BH16.Demolish existing building and erect new youth hall. The Council strongly agrees with the principle of replacing this building. However, it wishes to raise an OBJECTION to the detail within this application – on the grounds that the building design (in terms of footprint and materials) is not in keeping with the other adjacent community building on the overall site, nor is it in line with the general street scene comprising the surrounding residential area. The Council believes the proposal does not make optimum use of the site with regards to the building’s position in relation to the site boundaries. As well as being inappropriately close to the site boundaries – particularly being positioned too far forward on the site – it also appears to be too close to an adjacent tree.
8. 6/2015/0046 Mr & Mrs Paul Tudor. Long Range, High Street, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6BJ. Erect single storey side extension and detached garage. NO OBJECTION.
9. CORRESPONDENCE. An email received from PDC Planning giving details of a proposal to change the rules regarding public speaking at PDC Planning Board meetings, and seeking Parish & Town Councils’ views. Consideration was given to the proposals and it was the view of the Lytchett Matravers Planning Committee that they have no objection but can understand how some parish councils might find this difficult. It was a consideration that allowing developers more time might actually not be in their interests anyway. Consequently it was resolved to RECOMMEND to Full Council that a response be sent to PDC to this effect.
10. MATTERS OF INTEREST
There were none.
The meeting closed at 20:10
Modified by/on …………………. Signed by/on ………………….
Modified by/on …………………. Signed by/on ………………….