FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE of Lytchett Matravers Parish Council
Meeting held on Wednesday December 13th 2017, at 7.00 p.m. in the Village Hall, Lytchett Matravers
PRESENT: Cllrs C Wood, K Norris, R Watts, P Webb, M Colvey (from 7:30) and the Parish Clerk (Mr T Watton).
No members of the public were in attendance.
Public participation. There was none
1. 1. APOLOGIES. Cllrs B Barker, A Bush, A Cottman, R Carswell, A Huggins and J Taylor.
2. 2. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.
There were none.
3. 3. To receive and approve minutes of the ENVIRONMT & aMENITIES Committee meeting held on 6TH nOVEMBER 2017. These were ACCEPTED as a true record and signed by the Committee Chairman.
4. 4. To receive and approve minutes of the PLANNING Committee meeting held on 2ND NOVEMber 2017. These were ACCEPTED as a true record and signed by the Committee Chairman.
5. 5. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee meeting held on 9th October 2017. These were ACCEPTED as a true record and signed by the Committee Chairman.
6. 6. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters. The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report of past subject matters from former Finance & Policy Cttee, Environment & Amenities Cttee, and Planning Cttee meetings. [nb: comments made or decisions taken at the meeting are shown in italics]
i. F&P Cttee Minute 12, 6th June 2011. Security of council papers & records. One Council minute book is still with Cllr Bush, who is currently making an electronic copy. Carried forward.
ii. F&P Cttee Minute 10, 14th August 2017. Top-up of the Council’s investment with Prudential. This has been completed and the agreed sum added to the investment with Prudential International. DISCHARGED
iii. F&P Cttee Minute 6, 9th Oct 2017 – To consider a proposal to write off Sports Club currently outstanding debt for Lytchett Astro repairs. This had been approved at Full Council in September, subject to confirmation that the Sports Club would take on the annual maintenance contract for the Lytchett Astro pitch with effect from the renewal date in December. This item therefore refers to that confirmation aspect only. As Cllr Bush was not present and thus unable to provide that confirmation, this matter was carried forward.
iv. E&A Cttee Minute 10, 8th May 2017: Outstanding risk assessments: Members to note please that the following Risk assessments for 2016/17 are still outstanding: Old School Green….Cllr Taylor, Club Hall….Cllr Wood. Carried forward.
v. E&A Cttee Minute 6, 4th September 2017 – arrange for Mr Mills to remove the Ivy on the line of trees between the Library and Library Walk. Mr Mills has the ivy removal task in hand. Further aspects of clearance of this area are covered in a report prepared by Cllr Carswell and circulated by him to all members in email form on Thursday 7th December. A copy of Cllr Carswell’s report is attached at appendix 1 to these minutes. It was noted that Cllr Carswell is seeking a quotation for removing the shrubs etc at the northern end (Ancott Close) of this boundary line
vi. E&A Cttee Minute 5.1(i), 6th Nov 2017 Sports club pavilion minor building work proposal Still no further progress has yet been noted regarding the proposal put forward by a member of the Sports Club to undertake some building work at the pavilion which will enable their bin to be stored inside the building and thus reduce the risk of fly tipping. As a reminder, this proposal would require the formal ratification of the Sports Club Committee. Members to note that further complaints have been received in Nov / Dec from residents regarding fly tipping alongside the Sports Club’s bin. The Parish Clerk has referred these to the Sports Club Chairman with a request to keep the bin inside. Carried forward.
vii. E&A Cttee minute 5.4 6th Nov 2017 Old School Green / War Memorial. The Parish Clerk is to contact Mr Mills again to remind him about the task to arrange for soil to be delivered to fill the depression in the ground.
viii. Planning application responses sent to PDC and reported as “not yet determined” by PDC at the November LMPC Planning Committee meeting:
6/2016/0743 Stonewater Housing Association. Land at Deans Drove, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6EQ. Redevelopment of the site with 19 affordable houses and 4 open market houses with associated access, parking and landscaping. PASS shows that PDC has still not yet determined this application. PASS still shows the status of this application as “not yet determined”. It was noted that item 12 of these minutes covers a separate matter related to this application, concerning a proposed alteration to the ratio of affordable houses included.
6/2017/0511 Mr Nicholas Rubenstein. 16 Foxhills Crescent, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6BE. Demolition of existing garage, severance of curtilage and erection of detached 3 bed house with associated access and parking. PASS shows that PDC has still not yet determined this application.
6/2017/0549 Mrs Jacqueline Wheeler. Elderbrook, Peatons Lane, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6HW. Replace part of existing flat roof with new flat roof, replace remaining existing flat roof with pitched roof. PASS shows that PDC has still not yet determined this application.
6/2017/0561 Mr Nigel Stickley. 4 Landers Reach, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6NB. Garage conversion to bedroom and ensuite. PASS shows that PDC has approved this application.
6/2017/0572 Mr J Coakes. 169 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EA. Sever land & erect detached chalet bungalow & garage. Alter access. PASS shows that PDC has approved this application.Members should also note that PDC officers have not responded to the point made in the Parish Council’s feedback that it wishedto draw attention of the PDC Planning Committee members to the proposed extra windows, and the potential effects on adjacent dwellings already build or proposed to be built. The Parish Clerk has written again the PDC Planning to draw their attention to this omission.
7. 7. To consider planning application 6/2017/0650. Mr Garry Vincent. 10 Paddock Close, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6AZ. Single storey front extension. NO OBJECTION
8. 8. To consider planning application 6/2017/0617. Mr Robert Taylor. Woodlands, Sandy Lane, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6DB. Single storey side extension. New windows to be installed to both sides of the main entrance door. NO OBJECTION
9. 9. To consider planning application 6/2017/0633. Mr Patrick Day. 19 Huntick Estate, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6EB & Honeypot Cottage, 20 Huntick Estate, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6EB. Joint Householder Application between 19 Huntick Estate & 20 Huntick Estate (Honeypot Cottage) to replace link roof attachment and garage approved by planning permission 6/2012/0734 with utility/breakfast room with monopitch roof and rooflight to Honeypot Cottage. NO OBJECTION
10. 10. To consider planning application 6/2017/0664. Nicholas Rubenstein. Plots 1 and 2, Eldons Drove, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6HH. Variation of condition 2 of planning permission 6/2016/0345(Demolish existing house and erect 2 new dwellings) to retain 2 surfaced parking spaces per dwelling and amended landscaping scheme. The members noted this request for a variation of condition 2 to planning permission given under 6/2016/0345, and wished to advise PDC that they welcomed the two car parking spaces. However they were concerned about the issue raised by nearby residents regarding possible encroachment beyond the established property boundaries. The Parish Clerk was asked to report the above to PDC and to ask if this matter can be clarified and the Council advised of their findings.
11. 11. To consider planning application 6/2017/0654. Mr & Mrs K Wharmby. 13 Old Chapel Drive, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HA. Single storey rear extension. NO OBJECTION
12. 12. To consider a change to the mix of housing within the proposed development 6/2016/0743 – Land at Deans Drove, Lytchett Matravers (email to Council members 29th November 2017). The members resolved to register an OBJECTION to this on the grounds set out in the paper prepared by Cllr Wood and attached at Appendix 2 to these minutes.
13. 13. To consider a proposal to obtain quotations from contractors to clear, re-landscape and replant the two roundabouts in Landers Reach in a sustainable way. It was RESOLVED to seek quotations or estimates for this work.
14. 14. To consider the quotations obtained for fitting an inner palings to the remaining 3 sides of the Rocket Park play area. Three quotes were considered; and the lowest, provided by B&W, was selected.
15. 15. To consider the 2018/19 budget and precept working paper – circulated to members by email on 5th December. After considering the details and making some minor adjustments to expenditure budget lines within the working paper, as attached at Appendix 3 to these minutes, it was agreed to RECOMMEND to Full Council a precept increase of 11.86% for 2018/19.
16 16. To note correspondence received. There was none.
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 21:00
Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………