DORSET COUNTY COUNCIL has made an Order under Section 14  of the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1984 as amended. The Order will:
- Impose a temporary 50 mph speed limit on the A350 and A35 (Upton bypass):
- in an eastbound direction from Bakers Arms roundabout to a point approximately 100 metres past the Upton footbridge;
- in a westbound direction from Holes Bay North roundabout to a point approximately 100 metres past the slip road from the A350;
- Impose a temporary 30 mph speed limit:
- On the A350 and A35, Upton bypass, within the works areas (as indicated by traffic signs on site);
- on the A350 elevated roundabout;
- on all lead-ins and slip-roads to / from the A35, Upton bypasss to / from the A350 elevated roundabout;
- Impose temporary road closures on both carriageways for resurfacing works at times indicated by traffic signs on site.
The order is needed in order to comply with Health and Safety Regulations which require the provision of safe working areas and to minimise the likelihood of danger to Highway Users. It will come into operation at 20.00hrs on Sunday 14 January 2018 and will remain in force for 18 weeks. However, it is anticipated that the works will be completed by Saturday 21 April 2018. It is anticipated that the road closures, for resurfacing works, will be carried out overnight towards the end of the works.
This order will create a safer working area for Dorset County Council whilst they carry out works to protect bridge piers on the Upton bypass.