FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE

Meeting held on Wednesday April 10th 2019, at 7.00 p.m. in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall, Lytchett Matravers

PRESENT: Cllrs R Watts (Committee Vice Chair), B Barker, A Bush, R Carswell, M Colvey, A Huggins, K Norris and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk)

No members of the public were present.

Public participation: There was none.

1. APOLOGIES. Cllrs A Cottman, P Webb and C Wood.

2. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.There were none.

3. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee meeting held on 13th March 2019. These were ACCEPTED as a true record and signed by the Committee Vice Chairman.

4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters. The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report of past subject matters. [nb: comments made or decisions taken at the meeting are shown in italics]

i. F&P Cttee Minute 12, 6th June 2011. Security of council papers & records. The minute book in question was returned and will now be transferred to the Dorset History Centre in Dorchester in due course.

ii. F&GP Cttee, 8th August 2018, Minute 14 – Specification for re-modelling and upgrading of Lytchett Astro entrance trackway area. The area has now be cleared and the litter removed. It was noted that the remaining tasks are for the contractor to ground the tree stumps down and grade the area. Cllr Watts drew members’ attention to requirements within documentation pertaining to the site, namely (i) an obligation within the original Planning Consent to prepare an ecological assessment prior to undertaking any further works, (ii) that the lease issued by DCC currently permits its use for a Multi-Use Games Area only, (iii) that the lease issued by DCC currently allows for pedestrian access only. It was noted that these issues will need to be taken up with the appropriate officers at Dorset Council to obtain formal written consent prior to undertaking any further works. It was also noted that eventual introduction of car parking on the site would require planning approval.

iii. F&GP Cttee, 12th September 2018, Minute 10, – proposal to create a Parish Council-led community team to clear Church Walk back to the fence line and to infill the groove in the surface path – The contractor has completed his elements of this task. The DCC Ranger has now been in touch following the site visit and advised that nothing is written down specifically, so generally the width would be assumed by DCC to be as wide as historically shown on maps, or the distance between the hedges or walls etc. Some follow-up work is still to be completed to dispose of the cuttings.

iv. F&GP, 13th February 2019, Minute 12 –Health and Safety Policy. The Clerk has not yet completed the task of researching the background for potential need to enhance the adopted policy with regard to the Allotments and Sports Pavilion. DEFERRED

v. F&GP, 13th March 2019, minute 10 –Proposal to lay concrete over small portion of land at corner of Huntick Rd and Huntick Estate. Cllr Carswell advised that he had approached the tenant of the property concerned, and he has volunteered to maintain it.

vi. Planning application responses sent to PDC and reported as “not yet determined” by PDC at the September LMPC F&GP Committee meeting:

Planning application 6/2018/0063 Lewis Wyatt (Construction) Ltd & Morrish Builders. Land at Huntick Road, Lytchett Matravers. Erection of 46 dwellings (including affordable homes), new vehicular access via Huntick Road, associated landscaping, drainage & all other development works. PASS shows this application has still not yet been determined. It had been reported at the last F&GP Cttee meeting that PDC had resolved to defer consideration of this proposal to allow the developer to undertake some redesign of plots 17-22 to reduce the impact upon neighbouring properties.

Planning application 6/2018/0645 Bracken Developments Limited. Former Royal British Legion Club, Wimborne Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HQ. Outline application for the demolition of the former, vacant, Royal British Legion Club building and the construction of 7 dwellings with car parking and landscaping. PASS shows that this application has now been approved.

Planning application 6/2019/0009 Mr Nicholas Rubenstein. 86 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6DT. Detached 2 storey building at the rear of 86 Wareham Road, comprising two semi-detached houses. PASS shows that this application has now been refused.

Planning application 6/2019/0077 Mr I Simpson. 5 Vineyard Close, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6DD. Demolish conservatory and erect single storey extension at rear. PASS shows that this application has now been approved.

Planning application 6/2019/0060 Mr Rob Holden. Chartley, Jennys Lane, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BP. Outline planning permission to erect extension on the eastern elevation and raise roof ridge of permitted development extensions to match existing. PASS shows that this application has now been approved.

Planning application 6/2019/0062 Mr George Atkinson. 10 Foxhills Crescent, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BE. Replace existing conservatory with pitched roof single storey rear extension. Pass shows that this application has not yet been determined.

Planning application 6/2019/0136. Mr Hector Hickmott. 10 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DP. Single storey side and rear extensions. Pass shows that this application has not yet been determined.

5. To receive and note the 2018/2019 YEAR END bank reconciliation. A copy of the bank reconciliation is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes. Members also examined copies of the relevant bank statements. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve this reconciliation.

6. To receive and consider a report covering 2018/19 year End council income and expenditure. The report having been circulated to all members, it was RESOLVED to accept and approve this.

7. To receive and consider the 2018/19 year end internal audit report. The Parish Clerk referred to the report which he had circulated to all members prior to the meeting (attached at appendix 2 to these minutes). It was noted that the audit had been completed, no significant problems found and the relevant systems found to be robust and fit for purpose. It was RESOLVED to accept this.

8. To consider planning application 6/2019/0138 Ms Samantha Henry. 29 Huntick Estate, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EB. Loft conversion with rear dormer. NO OBJECTION.

9. To consider planning application 6/2019/0174 Mr & Mrs Wellburn. 25 Landers Reach, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6NB. Convert existing integral garage to living accommodation. NO OBJECTION.

10. To consider planning application 6/2019/0182 Mrs A Baker. 56 High Street, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BH. Convert four bedroom dwelling to two 2 bedroom flats, including single storey front extension and side screened external staircase. Layout car parking area including new boundary fencing. NO OBJECTION.

11. To consider planning application 6/2019/0180 Mr & Mrs A & E Cottman. 75 The Spinney, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6AT. Rear two storey extension to replace existing conservatory and rear fence alterations. NO OBJECTION.

12. To consider planning application 6/2019/0215 Mr Nicholas Rubenstein. 86 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DT. Detached 2 storey building at the rear of 86 Wareham Road, comprising two semi-detached houses (re-submission following refusal of 6/2019/0009). The parish council noted from the submitted revised drawings that it appears that the foundations of the building have been lowered to achieve a reduced roof height in relation to the surrounding properties. However the council also noted that nothing has been done to address the issues which gave rise to its previous objection (6/2019/0009), and the council therefore wishes to reiterate that OBJECTION; i.e. on the grounds that the proposal significantly alters the nature of what had originally been agreed, that it results in over-development of the plot, and is not in keeping with the surrounding properties. Arising from this, the parish council continues to be concerned about the additional vehicles and traffic movement arising from the expansion of this residential accommodation – especially as the DCC Highways Department had commissioned Sustrans to examine the acknowledged traffic problems in this precise location. The parish council also continues to be concerned that the developers appear to have used amendments to fundamentally alter an earlier approved scheme in a manner which appears to have been designed to circumvent the normal full planning process.

13. To consider a proposal to renew annual Associate Membership of Dorset Community Action (£24). It was RESOLVED to approve this.

14. To consider a proposed policy for the management of council hedges and trees. It was RESOLVED to approve and adopt this.

15. To consider a report regarding recommendations for action in response to 2018/19 ROSPA safety inspections. Cllr Huggins referred to a report which he had prepared and which had been circulated to all members on 23rd March 2019 (copy at appendix 3 to these minutes). It was RESOLVED to receive and note the content of the report. It was observed that there were no items on the report identified above “low risk”, thus requiring any action beyond monitoring. However, the following observations were made:

(i) Condition of fencing panels at the Astro. These are already the subject of a contractor’s quotation and due to be reported on by Cllr Cottman.

(ii) Condition of timber on the Huck Viking Swinger, and the paintwork on the metal equipment at Rocket Park. The Parish Clerk indicated that he would speak to Sutcliffe Play South West to clarify whether the timber was pre-treated and whether touch-up paints could be obtained.

(iii) Condition of panel fixings on the skate park. The Parish Clerk undertook to report this to Circle Leisure for them to review and respond to on their next regular maintenance visit.

Action: Parish Clerk to contact Sutcliffe Play South West and Circle Leisure accordingly.

16. To consider a proposal to proceed with replacement of dolly posts for Eldons Drove car park. It was RESOLVED to accept the quotation for this work from Poole Business Services. Action: Parish Clerk to contact PBS to advise them accordingly.

17. To review the arrangements for the annual parish meeting. The Chairman had set up a display of the draft information panels to be set up in the village library week commencing 15th April running up to the Annual Parish Meeting there on Saturday 20th April, 10:00 am-12:00 noon. Members viewed these and contributed suggestions to editing of some panels ready for the display.

18. To review and approve the text of the forthcoming article for the Parish Magazine. Cllr Barkerprompted members to consider topics for the latest edition. These included: Tree Management Policy, trial project to replace dolly posts at Eldons Drove car park, Astro car park project, litter pick success and the letter from Michael Tomlinson MP.

Members also discussed the content and distribution arrangements for the special edition of the village magazine with the Parish Council pages insert.

19. To note correspondence received.

Cllr Watts referred to correspondence with Mr Boyt of the Dorset Council Planning dept regarding an estimate of future CIL income.

Cllr Norris commented on the letter of thanks from Michael Tomlinson MP, reflecting the success of the litter picking event.

Cllr Norris also reported on correspondence from a representative of the Allotment Society concerning the proposed drainage project.

Cllr Norris also reported that he and the Parish Clerk planned to meet on 11th April 219 to work on the application to Fields In Trust in respect of the Foxhills Open Space.

The Parish Clerk reported that grant applications had been received from the Village Hall Management Committee and the Twinning Association.

The meeting closed at 20:45

Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………