FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE
Meeting held on Wednesday July 10th 2019, at 7.00 p.m. in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall, Lytchett Matravers
PRESENT: Cllrs C Wood (Committee Chair), M Attridge, B Barker, A Bush, R Carswell, M Colvey, A Huggins, R Watts and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk)
Public participation: There was none.
1. TO receive the Acceptance of Office of the Chairman of the Finance & General Purposes Committee. formal written acceptance was received from Cllr Wood and witnessed by the Parish Clerk.
2. To receive the Acceptance of Office of the Vice-Chairman of the Finance & General Purposes Committee. Formalwritten acceptance was received from Cllr Carswell and witnessed by the Parish Clerk.
3. APOLOGIES. Cllrs C Maher and P Webb.
4. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.Cllr Wood declared an interest in agenda item 9 as the owner of a neighbouring property. She took no part in the decision making on this item.
5. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee meeting held on 10th April 2019. Two amendments were noted and the minutes adjusted accordingly. The minutes were then ACCEPTED as a true record and signed by the committee Chairman.
6. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters. The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report of past subject matters. [nb: comments made or decisions taken at the meeting are shown in italics]
i. F&GP Cttee, 8th August 2018, Minute 14 – Specification for re-modelling and upgrading of Lytchett Astro entrance trackway area. The tree stumps have now been ground down. The ongoing maintenance of vegetation on the site has been added to the annual list of works carried out by the council’s local general grounds maintenance contractor.
– A response is still awaited from Dorset Council regarding the lease.
– The following administrative matters are still to be resolved with DC (a) an obligation within the original Planning Consent to prepare an ecological assessment prior to undertaking any further works, (b) that the lease originally issued by DCC permits its use for a Multi-Use Games Area only, (c) that the lease originally issued by DCC allows for pedestrian access only. These issues are to be taken up with the appropriate officers at Dorset Council to obtain formal written consent prior to undertaking any further works; and also to obtain planning approval before any eventual introduction of car parking on the site. It was resolved to DISCHARGE this item. Further updates on this initiative will be incorporated into the Lytchett Astro Working Group reports.
ii. F&GP Cttee, 12th September 2018, Minute 10, – proposal to create a Parish Council-led community team to clear Church Walk back to the fence line and to infill the groove in the surface path. It was resolved to allow the cuttings to remain as a wildlife habitat and to DISCHARGE this item from this list.
iii. F&GP, 13th February 2019, Minute 12 –Health and Safety Policy. Due to higher priorities associated with year end procedures, the elections, and other projects the Clerk has not yet had time to resume the task of researching the background for potential need to enhance the adopted policy with regard to the Allotments and Sports Pavilion. DEFERRED
iv. F&GP Cttee, 12th June 2019, Minute 17 – control of invasive plant on Recreation Ground. A contractor who is trained and qualified to Environment Agency recommended standard “National Proficiency Tests Council” (NPTC) certification has been found and booked to take action which is intended to eradicate this. Cllr Watts indicated that he would photograph this area for ongoing monitoring purposes and to ascertain the impact of the treatment to be applied to it.
v. F&GP Cttee, 12th June 2019, Minute 20 Role of Parish & Town Councils in the planning consultation process – Cllr Watts agreed to seek the view of DC Planning Portfolio holder David Walsh on this matter. Action: Cllr Watts to approach Mr Walsh accordingly.
vi. F&GP Cttee, 12th June 2019, Minute 22 – Council letter of support for Allotment Association grant application for Allotment Drainage scheme. The Parish Clerk has prepared a letter of support accordingly.
vii.Planning application responses sent to the DC Planning Team:
Planning application 6/2019/0219 Mr M. Wingfield. The Shooting Box, Middle Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6HJ. Sever the land and erect one dwelling with access and parking. Pass shows that this application has now been approved.
Planning application 6/2019/0210 Mr Russell. Lyndale, Middle Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HJ. Erect front and rear extensions, create additional rooms in roof with roof lights and juliet balcony. Pass shows that this application has now been approved.
Planning application 6/2019/0275 Mr George Atkinson. 10 Foxhills Crescent, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BE. Single storey pitched roof extension to the rear of the property to provide enlarged kitchen and living room. Pass shows that this application has now been approved.
Planning application 6/2019/0269 Mr Robert Holden. Hill House, Jennys Lane, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BP. Outline Planning application. Demolish existing workshop and stables. Remove 2 metal containers & erect a 2 storey detached dwelling. Pass shows that this application has still not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2019/0265 Mrs Crawford. 17 Dillons Gardens Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DW. Single storey front extension. Pass shows that this application has now been approved.
Planning application 6/2019/0301 Mr Tom Frowde & Mrs Maria Meska. Bennic Farm, Dolmans Hill, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HP. Variation of condition 1 of Planning Permission 6/2018/0216 (Conversion of existing barn to a dwelling and demolition of 2 additional barns) for excavation to form lower ground floor and changes to windows and doors including the formation of 2 Juliet balconies on the west elevation. Install solar panels. Pass shows that this application has now been approved.
Planning application 6/2019/0327 Mr Christopher Ryan. The Latches, Middle Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, Dorset BH16 6HJ. Demolish existing garage/store at front of property and erect 2 storey double garage. Pass shows that this application has not yet been determined.
7. To receive and note the 2019/20 bank reconciliation. A copy of the bank reconciliation is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes. Members also examined copies of the relevant bank statements. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve this reconciliation.
8. To receive and consider a report covering 2019/20 year End council income and expenditure. The reports were circulated to all members by the Parish Clerk. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve this. Copies of the report and the Sports Club financial tracker are attached at appendices 2 and 3 to these minutes.
Questions were raised about the breakdown of expenditure within each of the code headings, and it was noted that some expenditure does not include a related budget shown on the reports. These amounts were identified as “projects”. Some discussion took place concerning restructuring of the expenditure recording to make tracking of project expenditure clearer. The Chairman and Parish Clerk will discuss this. Action: Cllr Bush and the Parish Clerk to discuss accordingly.
9. To consider planning application 6/2019/0318 Bracken Developments Limited. Former Royal British Legion Club, Wimborne Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HQ. Outline application for the demolition of the former, vacant, Royal British Legion Club building and the construction of 7 dwellings with car parking and landscaping – Reserved matters application seeking approval for appearance, landscaping & scale. Variation of condition 9 of planning permission 6/2018/0645 to amend the agreed Biodiversity, Mitigation & Enhancement Plan. The members present had NO OBJECTION to the detail in this proposal. However they wished to draw to the attention of the Planning Authority the current position of the nearby 30mph speed limit sign on Wimborne Rd. They felt the effect of the access onto Wimborne Rd from this development would necessitate the 30mph speed limit sign to be moved closer to the A350 to ensure vehicles are slowed sufficiently before reaching it.
10. To receive and consider and report on the defibrillator project and quotations for equipment supply & installation. Cllr Huggins indicated that he would contact Cllr Cottman to request that he distributes the three quotations he has obtained for the equipment so that the council may make a decision and place an order.
11. To CONSIDER ITEMS FOR THE NEXT PARISH MAGAZINE The following items were suggested for inclusion:
(i) A tribute to the late former Cllr John Wiles – noting in particular his efforts to secure the registration of the recreation ground as an open green space.
(ii) The re-launching of men’s football in the village
(iii) Local activity by DC Officers to enforce the regulations limiting the use of the designated parking space adjacent to Tescos to those correctly displaying a valid blue badge only.
(iv) Further opportunities for improved internet connections for those addresses not served by the BT Openreach or Wessex Internet infrastructure.
It was noted that the article for the following month is intended to have a “public health” focus.
12. TO note correspondence received.
Cllrs Bush and Watts advised that in view of Mr Alan Davies’ impending departure from the Dorset Council, the meeting planned to take place with him in September would not now take place. However it is intended that Wyatts / Turley will hold a presentation / consultation event locally in September. Ms Anna Lee is to take overall responsibility for Development Planning across the Dorset Council. Mr Andrew Collins will be the council’s main point of contact with DC Planning in future.
Cllr Bush remarked on the latest valuation statement from Prudential International. The Council’s investment is now valued at £294K.
Reference was also made to the consultation exercise on Dorset Council’s Statement of Community Involvement as detailed in an email forwarded by the Parish Clerk to all members on 21st June 2019. This is the first step in developing the Dorset Local Plan, and the consultation is open to all members of the public. The draft document can be viewed online at https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/planning-policy-news and also includes an e-form for responses.
The meeting closed at 20:30
Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………
Fin&GenpurposesCommitteeMinutes 190710 Appendix1 (Bank statements and reconciliation to 1st July 2019).pdf (PDF)
Fin&GenpurposesCommitteeMinutes 190710 Appendix 2 (YTD Comparison vs LY per cost code to 8th July 19).pdf (PDF)
Fin&GenPurMinutes 190710 Appendix 3 (CIL and Sports Club trackers July19) (Excel)