FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE of Lytchett Matravers Parish Council
Meeting held on Wednesday April 11th 2018, at 7.00 p.m. in the Methodist Church, Wareham Rd, Lytchett Matravers
PRESENT:, C Wood (chair), M Colvey, A Bush and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk)
No members of the public were in attendance.
Public participation. There was none
1. APOLOGIES. Cllrs B Barker, R Carswell, A Cottman, A Huggins, J Taylor, K Norris, R Watts, P Webb
2. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.
There were none.
3. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee meeting held on 14th March 2018. These were ACCEPTED as a true record and signed by the Committee Chairman.
4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters. The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report of past subject matters. [nb: comments made or decisions taken at the meeting are shown in italics]
i. F&P Cttee Minute 12, 6th June 2011. Security of council papers & records. One Council minute book is still with Cllr Bush, who is currently making an electronic copy. Carried forward.
ii. F&P Cttee Minute 6, 9th Oct 2017 – To consider a proposal to write off Sports Club currently outstanding debt for Lytchett Astro repairs. It was noted that the current level of Sports Club income will not cover this and so it was RESOLVED to review the issue again at a later date.
iii. E&A Cttee Minute 10, 8th May 2017: Outstanding risk assessments: Members to note please that the following Risk assessments for 2016/17 are still outstanding: Old School Green….Cllr Taylor, Club Hall….Cllr Wood. Carried forward.
iv. E&A Cttee minute 5.4 6th Nov 2017 Old School Green / War Memorial. The Parish Clerk has again contacted Mr Mills to remind him about the task to arrange for soil to be delivered to fill the depression in the ground. Carried forward
v. F&GP Cttee minute 15, 7 Feb 2018 – Library WG: Alex Clothier of the coastline community fund, to be invited to attend a meeting of the committee to advise on whether grant funding may be available from this fund. Cllr Colvey reported that he had spoken to Mr Clothier and understood that it was very unlikely that the Parish Council would be eligible for a grant from this fund as it is targeted at startup businesses to support the provision of jobs. . However Cllr Colvey had learned of a new lottery grant the details of which he will forward on to Cllr Watts.
vi. F&GP Cttee minute 19, 14th March 2018 – making good the area around the new bus shelter in Wareham Rd. The Parish Clerk contacted the local groundworks / gardening contractor accordingly and has agreed the remedial works within the de-minimus limit set out in Finance Reg 11.1.Members noted that thus work has been commenced.
vii. Planning application responses sent to PDC and reported as “not yet determined” by PDC at the November LMPC Planning Committee meeting:
Planning Application 6/2018/0038 and 6/2018/0039 (listed building consent) Alf & Raili Bush. The Shooting Box, Middle Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6HJ. Proposed demolition of southern extension and rebuilding to a larger size. PASS shows that PDC has now approved these applications.
Planning application 6/2018/0061 Mr & Mrs James Sydenham. 9 Chequers Place, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BJ. Single storey rear extension (considered at Feb Full Council meeting). PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
Planning application 6/2018/0064 Mr Jon Tedds & Mrs Rachel Campbell. 41 High Street, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BH. Erect a 2 storey side extension (considered at Feb Full Council meeting). PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
Planning application 6/2018/0082 Mrs Goretti Quinn-Bagley. 22 Glebe Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EH. Erect a side extension. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
Planning application 6/2018/0063 Lewis Wyatt (Construction) Ltd & Morrish Builders. Land at Huntick Road, Lytchett Matravers. Erection of 46 dwellings (including affordable homes), new vehicular access via Huntick Road, associated landscaping, drainage & all other development works. PASS shows that PDC has not yet determined this application. PDC Planning has also not yet responded to the Council’s request to begin discussions with both parties regarding the amenity aspects, or to its comment that the Parish Council would like to ensure that the developers speak to Andrew Bradley, DCC Highways Engineer, to ensure that the plans to provide the cycle way are incorporated into the development proposal.
Planning application 6/2018/0019 James Gregory, Valley View Community Garden and Care Farm, Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DA. Erection of 9 polytunnels, agricultural barn and provision of a temporary rural workers dwelling and associated septic tank. PASS shows that PDC has not yet determined this application.
Planning application 6/2018/0097. Mr and Mrs M Miller. 11 Glebe Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EJ. Raise and extend roof to create habitable first floor with a Juliet balcony on the rear elevation. Insert dormer windows on the front and rear elevation. Erect a single storey side extension. PASS shows that PDC has not yet determined this application.
5. To receive and note the YEAR END bank reconciliation.
A copy of the bank reconciliation and related bank statements is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes. It was resolved to RECOMMEND Full Council to accept and approve this.
6. To receive and consider a report covering FULL YEAR 2017/18 council income and expenditure. RESOLVED. This is also covered in summary form within Appendix 1. It was RESOLVED to ask the Parish Clerk to update the CIL tracking section of this to show the expenditure on the works to upgrade Library Walk. Action: Parish Clerk to update this accordingly. It was then resolved to RECOMMEND Full Council to accept and approve this.
7. To consider planning application 6/2018/0132 Mr Christopher Small. 12 Cecil Place, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6FG. Two storey rear extension. NO OBJECTION.
8. To consider planning application 6/2018/0140 Mr A Cozens. Caroline Cottage, Prospect Road, Lytchett Matravers. Variation of condition 2 of planning permission 6/2016/0721 (Subdivide plot and erect single dwelling in front garden of existing cottage, and single dwelling in rear garden of existing cottage with new access from Prospect Road and associated car parking) to replace window with doors on North elevation and remove door from East elevation of the dwelling in the front garden. NO OBJECTION.
9. To note the timetable for Preparation of the Annual Return to the External Auditors.
The Parish Clerk advised of the following key dates for members to note:
· Completion of internal Audit – by 9th May 2018 (May F&GP Cttee meeeting)
· Completion of section 1 – Annual Governance statement – 25 April 2018 (Full Council meeting)
· Completion of section 2 – Accounting statements – by 23rd May 2018 (May Full Council meeting
· Submission of Annual Return to auditors 11th June 2018.
· Exercice of public rights 2nd July-10th August 2018
10. To appoint a member to act as Rights Of Way Liaison Officer.
It was RESOLVED to ask Cllr Taylor whether he would wish to continue in this role, which focusses on liaison with DCC Rights of Way Department. Action: Parish Clerk to contact Cllr Taylor to discuss this accordingly.
11. To receive and note the latest valuation of the Council’s investment with Prudential International.
The Parish Clerk referred to the latest report from Mark Pincott & Associates, which is attached at Appendix 2 to these minutes. After a brief discussion it was resolved to RECOMMEND to Full Council that members note this latest valuation. Cllr Bush agreed to update the Council’s Earmarked Reserves report to include this latest valuation. Action: Cllr Bush to update the Earmarked reserves report accordingly.
12. To consider quote for refurbishment of Landers Reach Roundabouts, and agree the proposed works, prior to obtaining 2 more quotes.
It was noted that, in accordance with the Council’s Financial Regulation 11.1, three comparable quotations for this work should be obtained. Action: Parish Clerk to obtain details of the alternative contractors suggested by Cllrs Barker and Cottman.
It was RESOLVED that the funds for this work should be drawn from the Foxhills Open Space Earmarked Reserve.
13. To receive and consider the content of reports from the leader of the Working Groups as follows:
Neighbourhood Plan – No change.
Youth Hall – Awaiting completion of the legal work on the transfer of the land.
Library – Awaiting details from DCC regarding the running costs of the building.
High Street Shared Space – No report.
Rec. Path – No report.
Rec. Pavilions – No report.
Eldons Drove Lane – Initiative not yet started.
Astro Expansion – Initiative not yet started.
New Sports Field – Initiative not yet started.
Huntick Road Cycleway – No response yet from the developers responsible for the Huntick road development proposal.
Sports Club Governance – Efforts are being made to address the outstanding issues. A meeting has recently taken place with the Sports Club Secretary.
Progress towards SiLCA – Nothing to report.
House style benches – a sample bench will be displayed at the Annual Parish Meeting.
14. To consider a proposal of items for inclusion in the next article for the Parish Magazine. It was noted that Cllr Barker was unable to be present at this meeting, but had circulated a draft article to all members for comment.
15. To note correspondence received.
The Parish Clerk reported on a letter received from a resident of High Street expressing concern at the persistent standing water in the Club Hall Car Park. It was noted that improvement of the surface and drainage of the car park is likely to be a consideration in any re-development proposal. Until that time it is likely to remain as gravel.
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 20:30
Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………
Fin& GenPurMinutes 180411 Appendix 1 (Year end Bank Rec & Accounts summary).xlsx (Excel)
Fin& GenPurMinutes (Appendix 2 Pru investment report Mar 18) (RTF)