FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE
Meeting held on Wednesday September 11th 2019, at 7.00 p.m. in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall, Lytchett Matravers
PRESENT: C Wood (committee Chair), M Attridge, A Bush, M Colvey, R Carswell, A Cottman, A Huggins, and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk). One member of the public was also in attendance.
Public participation: The applicant of planning application 6/2019/0439 Little Garth Dolmans Hill spoke to explain the reasoning behind the proposed demolition and replacement with a new dwelling.
1. APOLOGIES. Cllrs B Barker, R Watts, P Webb and C Maher
2. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.There were none.
3. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee meeting held on 14th August 2019. The minutes were ACCEPTEDas a true record and signed by the committee Chairman.
4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters. The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report of past subject matters. [nb: comments made or decisions taken at the meeting are shown in italics]
i. F&GP, 13th February 2019, Minute 12 –Health and Safety Policy, researching the background for potential need to enhance the adopted policy with regard to the Allotments and Sports Pavilion. DEFERRED
ii. F&GP Cttee, 12th June 2019, Minute 17 – control of invasive plant on Recreation Ground. The spraying treatment has been completed.Mr Mills will now monitor the effects of this. DISCHARGED
iii. F&GP Cttee, 12th June 2019, Minute 20 Role of Parish & Town Councils in the planning consultation process – It was noted that in Cllr Watts’ absence an update on his communication with David Walsh on issues arising from this matter is DEFERRED until the next meeting.
iv. F&GP Cttee, 12th June 2019, Minute 22 – Council letter of support for Allotment Association grant application for Allotment Drainage scheme. No further report from the Allotment Society has yet been received.
v. F&GP Cttee, 14th August 2019, minute 8 (iv) – Council to consider introducing marked bays in the High St Car Park. It was RESOLVED to include this matter in the scope of the Village Centre Working Group.
vi. F&GP Cttee, 14th August 2019, minute 9 – Gap in the am peak bus service arriving in Poole. It was noted that in Cllr Watts’ absence an update on his continued dialogue with Mr Boyt of Dorset Council on this matter is DEFERRED until the next meeting.
vii. F&GP Cttee, 14th August 2019, minute 14 – Electric charging point. Regarding Cllr Watts’ continued dialogue with Ms K Flynn and Hampshire CC on this matter, it was RESOLVED to include this matter in the scope of the Village Centre Working Group
viii. F&GP Cttee, 14th August 2019, minute 14 – Unauthorised display of commercial notice at Old School Green. It was noted that this notice had been removed. DISCHARGED.
ix. F&GP Cttee, 14th August 2019, minute 14 – Correspondence from a resident of Keates Meadow regarding tree growth on the Foxhills Open Space. The Parish Clerk has visited the site and ascertained that the tree concerned is on the Open Space near to the boundary with the property. Whilst some branches overhang the fence and garden they are some distance from any building. In line with Council’s Tree Management Policy there is consequently no justification for reducing or removing the tree in question.
x. Planning application responses sent to the DC Planning Team:
Planning application 6/2019/0326 11 High Street, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6BG.Erect two storey side extension and create vehicle access. DC planning portal shows that this application has not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2019/0424 OOTA Property Ltd. Honeypot Cottage, Huntick Estate, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6EB. Single storey extension. DC planning portal currently shows no status at all for this application.
Planning application 6/2019/0441 Harlequin Homes. The Shooting Box, Middle Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6HJ. Sever plot, erect two dwellings with access and parking. DC planning portal shows that this application has not yet been determined.
5. To receive and note the 2019/20 bank reconciliation. A copy of the bank reconciliation is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes. Members also examined copies of the relevant bank statements. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve this reconciliation.
6. To receive and consider a report covering 2019/20 year End council income and expenditure. The reports were circulated to all members by the Parish Clerk. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve this. Copies of the report and the Sports Club financial tracker are attached at appendices 2 and 3 to these minutes.
7. To consider options for provision of a ramp to enable wheelchair user access to the Sports Pavilion. After brief discussion it was RESOLVED that Cllrs Cottman and Wood will meet to examine the practicalities of wheelchair use of each of the existing access points to the building and to report back on this and the range modifications which might be needed. Action: Cllrs Cottman and Wood to examine this and report back accordingly.
8. To consider options for adjustment or relation of speed bump in High St car park to enable the operation of a ramp to enable wheelchair user access to the Sports Pavilion. It was noted that this is dependent upon decisions taken in response to item 7 above. In the light of the intended way forward regarding the matter of disabled access it was RESOLVED to add this matter to the brief of the Village Centre Working Group and to defer a decision on it until the matter of disabled access is determined.
9. To consider planning application 6/2019/0439 Little Garth Dolmans Hill Lytchett Matravers BH16 6HP. Demolish existing dwelling and garage and erect a replacement dwelling and garage. NO OBJECTION
10. to consider planning application 6/2019/0453 Whytewood Lodge, Jennys Lane, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6BP. Outline application to sever land and erect a dwelling (all matters reserved). OBJECTION on the grounds that this proposal seeks to change the type of use of large plots on this road which is out of kilter with the townscape characteristics, to the detriment of the surrounding area.
11. To receive and consider a report from Cllr Huggins on the progress of the replacement dolly posts initiative for the Recreation Ground. Cllr Huggins referred to his report on this matter which had been circulated to all members in advance of the meeting. A copy is attached at Appendix 4 to these minutes. Regarding the sections of the recreation ground boundary covered by this report, it was RESOLVED to take the following actions:
(i) Eastern end of car park (from Scout hut to the path adjacent to Hannams Close). Consult the Sports Club on the feasibility of a grassed bund with break points for access & seating. Removal of posts.
(ii) West side of rec field (from Village Hall to Eldons Drove Car park). Await a definitive response from the Village Hall Management Committee regarding the proposed placement of dolly posts either side of the path leading around the Village Hall from the car park; and installing a new dropping post on the path which leads to the east side of the hall. Removal of all other posts.
(iii) Western end of car park (from Pavilion to the path leading from the car park to the Village Hall). Replace the 42 timber posts with plastic at a cost of £3205.33. Obtain costs for supply and installation of two dropping posts (or re-location of the two nearby ones). These are to be situated in the corner of the car park nearest the Hall to allow emergency service vehicles access to the rec. Also consider dropping the last 3 kerbstones to further enable emergency services access.
12. To CONSIDER ITEMS FOR THE NEXT PARISH MAGAZINE The following items were suggested for inclusion:
(i) Arrival / installation of defibrillators.
(ii) Report on the success of the Litter Pick.
(iii) Advance notice of the Village Fayre to be held on 27th June 2020.
(iv) Reminder of CAB sessions held in the library, which are sponsored by the Parish Council.
14. TO note correspondence received.
Cllr Bush reported on correspondence he had received regarding the addition of extra hearings by the Inspector of the Purbeck Local Plan. The schedule has been retarded by the additional hearings on 9th, 10th and 11th October and the consultation related to them. It was noted that there is a risk of the plan failing to meet the deadline for finalisation.
The meeting closed at 20:22.
Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………
Fin&GenpurposesCommitteeMinutes 190911 Appendix1 (Bank Rec YTD 6th Sept 2019).pdf
FIN&GenpurposesCommitteeMinutes 190911 Appendix 2 (Summary of receipts and payments YTD 6 Sept).pdf
FinanceGenPurposesCommittee Minutes 190911 Appendix 3 (CIL and Sports Club trackers Sept 19)
Finance&GenPurposesCommitteeMinutes 190911 Appendix 4 (Proposal – Securing the Rec Sept 2019)