Meeting held on Wednesday June 12th 2019, at 7.00 p.m. in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall, Lytchett Matravers

PRESENT: Cllrs C Wood (Committee Chair), M Attridge, A Bush, R Carswell, A Huggins, C Maher, R Watts and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk)

Two members of the public were present until the conclusion of item 15.

Public participation: There was none.

1. TO ELECT A CHAIRMAN of the Finance & General Purposes Committee for 2019/20. Cllr Wood was nominated. There being no other nominees, Cllr Wood was duly ELECTED.

2. TO receive the Acceptance of Office of the Chairman of the Finance & General Purposes Committee. Cllr Wood verbally indicated her acceptance. A formal written acceptance will be received at the F&GP committee meeting in July 2019.

3. To elect a Vice-Chairman of the Finance & General Purposes Committee for 2019/20. Cllr Carswell was nominated. There being no other nominees, Cllr Carswell was duly ELECTED

4. To receive the Acceptance of Office of the Vice-Chairman of the Finance & General Purposes Committee. Cllr Carswell verbally indicated his acceptance. A formal written acceptance will be received at the F&GP committee meeting in July 2019.

5. APOLOGIES. Cllrs B Barker, M Colvey, A Cottman, and P Webb.

6. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.There were none.

7. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee meeting held on 10th April 2019. These were ACCEPTED as a true record and signed by the committee Chairman.

8. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters. The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report of past subject matters. [nb: comments made or decisions taken at the meeting are shown in italics]

i. F&GP Cttee, 8th August 2018, Minute 14 – Specification for re-modelling and upgrading of Lytchett Astro entrance trackway area. The remaining tasks to be completed were noted: – The contractor is still to grade the area.

Awaiting a response from Dorset Council regarding the lease.

– The following administrative matters to resolve with DC (i) an obligation within the original Planning Consent to prepare an ecological assessment prior to undertaking any further works, (ii) that the lease originally issued by DCC permits its use for a Multi-Use Games Area only, (iii) that the lease originally issued by DCC allows for pedestrian access only. These issues are to be taken up with the appropriate officers at Dorset Council to obtain formal written consent prior to undertaking any further works; and it will also be necessary to obtain planning approval before any eventual introduction of car parking on the site.

It was also RESOLVED to request Mr Mills to add strimming of the cleared area to his list of regular maintenance tasks. Action: Parish Clerk to contact Mr Mills accordingly.

ii. F&GP Cttee, 12th September 2018, Minute 10, – proposal to create a Parish Council-led community team to clear Church Walk back to the fence line and to infill the groove in the surface path Some follow-up work is still to be completed to dispose of the cuttings.

iii. F&GP, 13th February 2019, Minute 12 –Health and Safety Policy. Due to higher priorities associated with year-end procedures, the elections, and other projectsthe Clerk has not yet had time to resume the task of researching the background for potential need to enhance the adopted policy with regard to the Allotments and Sports Pavilion. DEFERRED

iv. Planning application responses sent to PDC and reported as “not yet determined” by PDC at the September LMPC F&GP Committee meeting:

Planning application 6/2018/0063 Lewis Wyatt (Construction) Ltd & Morrish Builders. Land at Huntick Road, Lytchett Matravers. Erection of 46 dwellings (including affordable homes), new vehicular access via Huntick Road, associated landscaping, drainage & all other development works. PASS shows this application has been approved.

Planning application 6/2019/0062 Mr George Atkinson. 10 Foxhills Crescent, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BE. Replace existing conservatory with pitched roof single storey rear extension. Pass shows that this application has been withdrawn.

Planning application 6/2019/0136. Mr Hector Hickmott. 10 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DP. Single storey side and rear extensions. Pass shows that this application has been approved.

Planning application 6/2019/0219 Mr M. Wingfield. The Shooting Box, Middle Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6HJ. Sever the land and erect one dwelling with access and parking. Pass shows no status against this application.

Planning application 6/2019/0223 Mrs Alison Brown. 26 Landers Reach, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6NB. Single storey rear extension. Pass shows that this application has been approved.

Planning application 6/2019/0210 Mr Russell. Lyndale, Middle Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HJ. Erect front and rear extensions, create additional rooms in roof with roof lights and juliet balcony. Pass shows that this application has not yet been determined.

Planning application 6/2019/0275 Mr George Atkinson. 10 Foxhills Crescent, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BE. Single storey pitched roof extension to the rear of the property to provide enlarged kitchen and living room. Pass shows that this application has not yet been determined.

Planning application 6/2019/0269 Mr Robert Holden. Hill House, Jennys Lane, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BP. Outline Planning application. Demolish existing workshop and stables. Remove 2 metal containers & erect a 2 storey detached dwelling. Pass shows that this application has not yet been determined.

Planning application 6/2019/0265 Mrs Crawford. 17 Dillons Gardens Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DW. Single storey front extension. Pass shows no status against this application.

9. To receive and note the 2019/20 bank reconciliation. A copy of the bank reconciliation is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes. Members also examined copies of the relevant bank statements. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve this reconciliation.

10. To receive and consider a report covering 2019/20 year End council income and expenditure. The report having been circulated to all members, it was RESOLVED to accept and approve this. Copies of the report and the Sports Club financial tracker are attached at appendices 2 and 3 to these minutes.

11. To consider planning application 6/2019/0301 Mr Tom Frowde & Mrs Maria Meska. Bennic Farm, Dolmans Hill, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HP. Variation of condition 1 of Planning Permission 6/2018/0216 (Conversion of existing barn to a dwelling and demolition of 2 additional barns) for excavation to form lower ground floor and changes to windows and doors including the formation of 2 Juliet balconies on the west elevation. Install solar panels. NO OBJECTION

12. To consider planning application 6/2019/0327 Mr Christopher Ryan. The Latches, Middle Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, Dorset BH16 6HJ. Demolish existing garage/store at front of property and erect 2 storey double garage. NO OBJECTION.

13. To receive and consider a paper proposing a prioritisation of Neighbourhood Plan projects. A copy of this paper is attached at Appendix 4 to these minutes. Cllr Bush briefly summarised the background to production of the paper and members noted the results of the exercise. Subsequent discussion then turned to the matter of establishing a Charitable Trust under which fundraising for prioritised projects might take place, and through which these and other village facilities could be run. It was noted that Parish Councils cannot directly set up or operate a Trust. It was therefore RESOLVED to consider a proposal for a Working Group to consider setting up a CLT. Cllr Wood agreed to draw up a proposal for council consideration. Action: Cllr Wood to draw up the proposal for the Working Group for consideration at a subsequent council meeting.

14. To receive and consider a paper proposing a prioritisation of Village Centre projects. A copy of this paper is attached at Appendix 5 to these minutes. It was RESOLVED to accept this paper and continue progressing this overall initiative; taking account of the results of the prioritisation exercise and public opinion – such as expressed in response to the Library display and the Lytchett Link supplement in the Parish Magazine.

The following specific updates were noted:

(i) Steps adjacent to Tesco shop – RC met with the owner and confirmed that both the owner and tenant of the pharmacy are happy with the suggested design. RC is preparing a proposal to be considered by Full Council.

(ii) High St crossing and Purbeck Parade “island” – Full council to consider the options for the island and make a formal decision. It was noted that Dorset Council are already considering the feasibility of option d.

Cllr Watts pointed out that the next step for the Working Group is to compile the necessary information to include in an end-to-end planning application: i.e. encompassing the steps, island, High St crossing, Recreation Ground path, Ball Court, Eldons Drove white lines and lane.

15. To receive and consider a report on the relevance of the Planning Inspector’s ruling on appeal APP/B1225/W/18/3206919 – former RBL Club, Lytchett Matravers. The Parish Clerk provided a verbal report giving the details of advice from Alan Davies, Development Manager, Planning & Community Services, Dorset Council as follows;

The appeal decision you quote […] does highlight and discuss the issue of openness in the green belt. To be honest, it is a difficult concept to grasp. […] The Parish might like to use the Inspector’s reasoning […] to assist in formulating their response”.

During subsequent discussion members noted that the Inspector had expressed a view that even “domestic paraphernalia” (e.g. washing lines) impact upon the openness of the greenbelt. It was also noted that there have been a number of differing interpretations across the country by other inspectors.

Members referred to a meeting held on 12th June with Alan Davies on another subject; and that during this meeting he had observed that Parish & Town Council members were not expected to be experts in planning law.

16. To consider the appointment of a member to be responsible for liaison with the Lytchett Matravers Allotment Association. It was RESOLVED to appoint Cllr Colvey to this role.

17. To consider ACTIONS REGARDING CONTROL OF AN INVASIVE PLANT ON THE RECREATION GROUND. Members noted the details of a decision tree regarding the control of Japanese Knotweed. After brief discussion it was RESOLVED to ask the council’s regular groundworks contractor to quote for a course of treatment to eradicate this plant from the location in question. Action: Parish Clerk to contact the contractor accordingly.

18. To consider the accounting statements for section 2 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) 2018/19. The Parish Clerk referred to the details of the numerical data to be entered into section 2 of the report, plus the background explanations which included the source of each of the numbers. He explained that this item was intended to provide members with the information in time for them to examine it in detail and raise any questions they might have in advance of an item on the agenda of the Full Council meeting on Wednesday 26th June 2019 to formally approve these entries on the AGAR.

19. To consider the following applications for Grants 2019/20: Grant applications from the following village organisations were considered.

– Lytchett Matravers Twinning Association

– 1st Lytchett Matravers Scout Group

– 1st Lytchett Matravers Guides

– Lytchett Matravers Village Hall

Recommendations to Full Council are included in the Grants control report attached at Appendix 6 to these minutes.

It was also suggested that an item on grants be included in the next article for the Parish Magazine drawing attention to the availability of grant money, the application process, and that the Council would be happy to accept applications from local organisations until the end of September.

20. To consider a proposal to request extensions to the Parish Council consultation period for planning applications. Cllr Bush explained that it had been noticed that the period afforded to Parish & Town Councils to respond to planning application consultations was shorter that other consultees – most notably the period for “neighbours” consultation responses. In raising this he was seeking an explanation, and hoped for parity of treatment by Dorset Council for all consultees in the planning applications process. It was reported that this matter had in part been addressed through correspondence with Alan Davies, Development Manager, Planning & Community Services, Dorset Council. This point and this and the broader matter of the role of Town & Parish Councils within the consultation process was then elaborated on further during a meeting with Mr Davies on 12th June 2019. It was reported that in the meeting with Mr Davies he had indicated that the responses of local councils can add gravitas to the views expressed by neighbours, but that firstly such councils should consider the extent to which they agree or disagree with those expressed views. Mr Davies also advised that David Walsh is the relevant portfolio holder on the Dorset Council and so the council may wish to also seek his views on the role of Parish & Town Councils in the planning consultation process. Cllr Watts indicated that he would prepare a communication to Mr Walsh. Action: Cllr Watts to prepare a communication to David Walsh accordingly.

Regarding the matter of the consultation period for local councils, it was noted that this is universally 21 days. The committee Chairman noted that since the Parish Council considers planning applications within either the Full Council or the Finance & Gen Purposes Committee agendas, which are held a fortnight apart, the 21 day schedule would normally be achievable. It was also noted that Mr Davies had indicated that in the case of large and / or particularly complex applications the Dorset Council Planning Department would normally agree to a request for a reasonable extension to the usual 21 days.

21. To CONSIDER ITEMS FOR THE NEXT PARISH MAGAZINE The following items were suggested for inclusion:

(i) Availability of grant awards for local organisations – to apply before the end of September.

(ii) Thanks to those members of the community who had already responded with their views on the list of local initiatives; and further encouragement for others to do so.

22. TO note correspondence received.

Cllr Watts referred to an email from Mr Wayne Sayers acknowledging that the Sustrans report is due.

Cllr Bush reported that he had met with the Allotment Association on 11th June to discuss their application for funding for drainage. They had asked if the PC would provide a letter of support as the landowner. In response Cllr Bush indicated to the Allotment Association that given this was not a funding letter, this would be acceptable. Action: Parish Clerk to prepare the necessary letter.

The Parish Clerk reported on the following correspondence:

(i) A letter from the Pensions Regulator confirming the 3 year re-declaration of compliance with auto enrolment duties under The Pensions Act 2008.

(ii) An email from the Fields In Trust solicitor forwarding copies of the draft Deed of Dedication for the Foxhills Open Space and the plan to be inserted into the draft Deed of Rectification for Lytchett Matravers Recreation Ground.

(iii) A letter and related Gas Safe certificate from Glow-worm related to the new boiler installed in the Sports Pavilion.

The meeting closed at 21:35

Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………

Fin&GenPurposesCommitteeMinutes190612 Appendix1 (Bank Reconciliation).pdf (PDF)

Fin&GenPurposesCommitteeMinutes190612 Appendix2 (Budget reports June 2019).pdf (PDF)

Fin&GenPurMinutes 190612 Appendix3 (CIL and Sports Club trackers May 19) (Autosaved) (Excel)

FinanceGenPurposesCommitteeMinutes 190612 Appendix4 (Neighbourhood Plan Project Prioritisation) (Word)

FinanceGenPurposesCommitteeMinutes 190612 Appendix5 (Village Centre Project Prioritisation) (Word)

FinanceGenPurposes Committee Minutes 190612 Appendix6 (Grants control form June 2019).doc (Word)

Finance & General Purposes Committee minutes 12th June 2019