FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE
Meeting held on Wednesday September 12th 2018, at 7.30 p.m. in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall, High St, Lytchett Matravers
PRESENT: C Wood (Chair), A Bush, R Watts, A Huggins, P Webb and Mrs Alison Clothier (Temporary Parish Clerk)
Public participation. There was one member of the public present. They gave no comment.
1. APOLOGIES. R Carswell, A Cottman, M Colvey, J Taylor, B Barker and K Norris
2. DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY INTEREST; AND CONSIDERATION OF REQUESTS FOR SPECIAL DISPENSATIONS UNDER SECTION 33 OF THE LOCALISM ACT 2011.
There were none.
3. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 18TH AUGUST 2018. These were ACCEPTED as a true record and signed by the Committee Chairman.
4. TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS OF PAST SUBJECT MATTERS. The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report of past subject matters. [nb: comments made or decisions taken at the meeting are shown in italics]
i. F&P Cttee Minute 12, 6th June 2011. Security of council papers & records. At the August 2018 meeting that Cllr Bush would approach a local historian about what she may be able to do to capture relevant detail of interest before the 1890s minute book is deposited with the Dorset History Centre archive. Carried forward.
ii. E&A Cttee Minute 10, 8th May 2017: Outstanding risk assessments: At the July 2018 meeting it was agreed that Cllr Carswell would take over responsibility for preparing a risk assessment for Old School Green. Carried forward.
iii. E&A Cttee minute 5.4 6th Nov 2017 Old School Green / War Memorial. The Parish Clerk has again contacted Mr Mills to remind him about the task to arrange for soil to be delivered to fill the depression in the ground. It was suggested that Mr Mills be asked to do this work in the next two weeks or after Remembrance Day. Action: Parish Clerk to contact Mr Mills regarding timing of the work.
iv. F&GP Cttee, 13 June 2018 – Q&A session with Purbeck District Council Community Safety officer and Anti-social Behaviour Reduction Officer. Despite lack of responses to the Parish Clerk regarding the analysis he had provided to the ASBR Officer of the incidents and costs related to vandalism in recreation ground and Rocket Park Play area, it was discovered by Cllr Norris at a local community liaison meeting in the Library that this officer has evidently been working proactively to address the behavioural problems locally. Issues have now been dealt with. DISCHARGED.
v. F&GP Cttee, Minute 26, 13 June 2018 – refurbishment of Landers Reach Roundabouts. As resolved, the Parish Clerk placed an order for this work with Poole Business Services. It will be carried out in the Autumn when conditions for planting are suitable. The work will be carried out on Saturday 6th October. Cllr Huggins to write an article about the work for the Link and Parish Magazines. Carried Forward.
vi. F&GP Cttee, 18th July 2018 – Damage to two items of play equipment at Rocket Park Play area: Replacement ropes & chains were ordered in July for the “Slingshot” and Huck Swinger. Sutcliffe Play South West Ltd have now been in touch to advise that they are to be fitted on Friday 7th September 2018. Works completed. DISCHARGE.
vii. F&GP Cttee, 8th August 2018, Minute 14 – Specification for re-modelling and upgrading of Lytchett Astro entrance trackway area. At the meeting on 8th August it was resolved that Cllr Bush would prepare a specification for use to obtain quotes for this work. This specification has now been passed to the Parish Clerk and approaches have been made to three prospective groundworks contractors – awaiting responses. Carried forward.
viii. F&GP Cttee, 8th August 2018, Minute 15 – development of a detailed specification for pathway and gate to school premises via Eldons Drove. At the meeting on 8th August it was resolved to approve work towards preparation of a specification for this work in order to ascertain the costs involved. Carried Forward.
ix. F&GP Cttee, 8th August 2018, Minute 16 – resolution to appoint Ellis Jones LLP solicitors to undertake various items of legal work on behalf of the council. The solicitors involved have been advised of appointment accordingly. Ellis Jones have accepted appointment. DISCHARGE.
x. F&GP Cttee, 8th August 2018, Minute 17 – proposal to reinstate George VI coronation memorial plaque. See agenda item 9.
xi. F&GP Cttee, 8th August 2018, Minute 18, Bollards / Dolly Posts. As resolved, the Parish Clerk has asked the Handyman to obtain and install wooden dolly posts in the current gaps at the Rec Ground. This work is in progress. Cllr Huggins to write a proposal for the work and obtain three quotes. Carried Forward.
xii. Planning application responses sent to PDC and reported as “not yet determined” by PDC at the November LMPC Planning Committee meeting:
Planning application 6/2018/0063 Lewis Wyatt (Construction) Ltd & Morrish Builders. Land at Huntick Road, Lytchett Matravers. Erection of 46 dwellings (including affordable homes), new vehicular access via Huntick Road, associated landscaping, drainage & all other development works. PASS shows that PDC has still not yet determined this application. Despite the Clerk’s written chasers to PDC Planning, they have still not yet responded to the Council’s request to begin discussions with both parties regarding the amenity aspects, or to its comment that the Parish Council would like to ensure that the developers speak to Andrew Bradley, DCC Highways Engineer, to ensure that the plans to provide the cycle way are incorporated into the development proposal. As a result of this, on 16th July the Parish Clerk spoke to the relevant Planning Officer at PDC and was informed that the Officer will contact DCC Highways for their comments on the matter. At the meeting on 8th August it was agreed that the council should attempt to open a dialogue direct with the developers. To this end Cllr Colvey indicated he would provide Cllrs Bush and Huggins with the email contact details he holds for them. Cllr Webb updated the Committee with news that the District Valuer has the financial information from the developers so will be able to do the viability assessment. Still awaiting information about cycleway/footpath. Cllr Huggins to chase Cllr Colvey for contact details. Carried forward
Planning application 6/2018/0252 Mr Andrew Hill. 1 High Street, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BG. Form a dropped kerb & vehicular access to property from the High Street. Installation of gates for new vehicular access. Install replacement and some new fencing. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
Planning application 6/2018/0287. Nest Homes. Land adjacent to Wessex Water Reservoir, Purbeck Road, Lytchett Matravers. Construction of 25 dwellings and associated access, car parking and landscaping. PASS shows that PDC has still not yet determined this application. The application is going to planning committee this month with recommendation for approval. It was proposed that a representative from the Parish Council should speak at the committee about the parking Action: Cllr Bush to speak at planning committee.
Planning application 6/2018/0297. Mrs H Campbell. 8 Purbeck Close, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6DE. Raise roof to form first floor accommodation with first floor window in front elevation, balcony on rear elevation, dormer on side (east) elevation and rooflights. Rear extension and porch canopy on side (west) elevation. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
Planning Application 6/2018/0317 Mr & Mrs Lindon. Woodstock, 9 Ballard Close, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6EW. Erect a conservatory to rear. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
Planning application 6/2018/0316 Mr A & Mrs R Green. Westcroft Stud Farm, Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BZ. Single storey side extension with store room in roof above. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
Planning application 6/2018/0334 Mr & Mrs Griffiths. 1 Charborough Close Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DJ. Erect single storey front extension and two storey side extension. Create new vehicular access and alterations to existing. PASS shows that PDC has now approved this application.
Planning application 6/2018/0386 Mr Nicholas Rubenstein. Highgrove, Eldons Drove, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HH. Variation of condition 2 of planning permission 6/2016/0345 (Demolish existing house and erect 2 new dwellings) to amend hard surfacing and landscaping to front of properties. PASS shows that PDC has not yet determined this application. Application to be determined at September PDC Planning Committee.
Planning application 6/2018/0362 Nicholas Rubenstein. 86 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DT. Demolish existing buildings, erection of new building to include a ground floor shop and coffee shop, 2 ground floor flats, with 2 flats above, and a detached single storey building at the rear comprising 2 flats together with associated access and parking. PASS shows that PDC has not yet determined this application. Application to be determined at September PDC Planning Committee
Planning application 6/2018/0369 Mr Nathan Thomas. 15 Prospect Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6ED. Single storey rear extension. PASS shows that PDC has not yet determined this application.
It was noted that the planning application at the Royal British Legion site has been appealed.
7. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE THE 2018/2019 YEAR TO DATE BANK RECONCILIATION.
A copy of the bank reconciliation is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve this.
8. TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER A REPORT COVERING 2018/19 YEAR TO DATE COUNCIL INCOME AND EXPENDITURE.
The report having been circulated to all members it was RESOLVED to accept and approve this. The Sports Club expenditure tracker was also examined and it was RESOLVED to accept and approve this.
9. To consider planning application 6/2018/0420 Mrs Victoria Pattison. Pidgeon House Cottage, 81 High Street, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BJ. Erect 2 storey rear extension including first floor balcony and bay window with balcony over in the existing house. NO OBJECTION
10. TO CONSIDER A PROPOSAL TO CREATE A PARISH COUNCIL-LED COMMUNITY TEAM TO CLEAR CHURCH WALK BACK TO THE FENCE LINE AND TO INFILL THE GROOVE IN THE SURFACE OF THE PATH. This is a Dorset County Council owned path that has become increasing overgrown. It was proposed that, due to insurance concerns, it would be safer to employ someone to do the hedge cutting work that needed power tools and that volunteers could complete the rest of the work. A group from the Church have volunteered to help. It was also suggested that sleepers could be put in to define the path and control the growth of vegetation. Cllrs to meet on Monday 17th September to walk the path and assess what work need to be done. Action: Parish Clerk to obtain quote for chainsaw work
11. TO CONSIDER A PROPOSAL TO INSTALL THE GEORGE VI CORONATION MEMORIAL PLAQUE SOMEWHERE IN THE VILLAGE. See Appendix 2. There was a discussion regarding the original positioning of the plaque and tree and it was noted that this was in a public part of the village. Revd Partridge had been asked about the possibility of the tree being planted in the graveyard but this would not be appropriate as it would interfere with the gravestones. It was concluded that the plaque should be moved to the middle of the village where people would see it – the best position was thought to be the Memorial Green. The planting of the tree would be looked at, at a later date. Cllrs to investigate the best position for the plaque. Carried Forward.
12. TO CONSIDER A PROPOSAL OF ITEMS FOR INCLUSION IN THE NEXT ARTICLE FOR THE PARISH MAGAZINE; AND ALSO FOR THE NEXT EDITION OF LYTCHETT LINK. It was agreed to include the following articles in the Parish Magazine: Landers Reach Roundabout, Litter Pick, Church Path. The following would go in the Lytchett Link: Landers Reach Roundabout, Litter Pick, Broadband, Purbeck Local Plan, Defib, Sports Club.
13. TO CONSIDER WHETHER THE COUNCIL WISHES TO RESPOND CORPORATELY TO EITHER OF THE SHALE GAS EXPLORATION & PRODUCTION PLANNING CONSULTATION OR HOUSING GREEN PAPER.
It was concluded that Shale Gas does not affect Purbeck so there was no response to this consultation. Action: Parish Clerk to resend link to Housing Green Paper
14. TO RECEIVE A REPORT OF THE DAPTC TOWN & LARGE VILLAGE MEETING, AND CONSIDER ARRANGEMENTS FOR FUTURE ATTENDANCE. See Appendix 3. It was concluded that it was not necessary to send two people to the Town and Large Village meetings. It was proposed that a rota is set up to vary who attends. Action: Parish Clerk to set up rota for DAPTC meetings.
19. TO NOTE CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED.
The Parish Clerk reported on the following items of correspondence:
– Wayne Sayers from DCC had been chased regarding the School Crossing and he was waiting for SusTrans to get back to him. There was a discussion about school drop off times and how it would help to extend the timing of this. The possibility of new entrances from Eldons Drove and the Astro may be another solution. The school will be one of the stakeholder groups involved in the consultation.
– Thank you from the Twinning Association about the grant.
Meeting closed at 21:00
Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………