FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE
Meeting held on Wednesday February 13th 2019, at 7.00 p.m. in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall, Lytchett Matravers
PRESENT: Cllrs C Wood (Committee Chair), A Bush, A Cottman, M Colvey, A Huggins, K Norris, P Webb, and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk)
No members of the public were present.
Public participation: There was none.
1. APOLOGIES. Cllrs R Carswell, and R Watts.
2. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.There were none.
3. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee meeting held on 9th January 2019. These were ACCEPTED as a true record and signed by the Committee Chairman.
4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters. The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report of past subject matters. [nb: comments made or decisions taken at the meeting are shown in italics]
i. F&P Cttee Minute 12, 6th June 2011. Security of council papers & records. The minute book in question be transferred to the Dorset History Centre in Dorchester in due course. Cllr Bush indicated that he would pass it to the Parish Clerk accordingly. .
ii. E&A Cttee minute 5.4 6th Nov 2017 Old School Green / War Memorial. Mr Mills has completed the filling of the depression. DischargeD
iii. F&GP Cttee, 8th August 2018, Minute 14 – Specification for re-modelling and upgrading of Lytchett Astro entrance trackway area. It was noted thatthe three quotes had been considered. The preferred contractor has confirmed that he can complete the tree and scrub removal work before the end of February and so on that basis he has been appointed to undertake the work. It was also reported that the installation of the connecting gates to the school premises at Eldons Drove lane and the Astro had now been agreed.
iv. F&GP Cttee, 12th September 2018, Minute 10, – proposal to create a Parish Council-led community team to clear Church Walk back to the fence line and to infill the groove in the surface path – The contractor is working on this area. It was noted that branches are still required to help form steps in the steep parts of the path. Cllr Bush indicated that he would follow-up with the contractor on this.
v. F&GP Cttee, 14th November 2018. Work to prepare a grant funding request for submission to Sport England for the proposed new ball court. A meeting took place on Wednesday 6th February between Cllr Huggins and the Parish Clerk with a representative from Dorset Community Action. A written summary report of this meeting will be provided for consideration at the Full Council meeting. DISCHARGED from reporting to this committee in favour of project reports to Full Council.
vi. Planning application responses sent to PDC and reported as “not yet determined” by PDC at the September LMPC F&GP Committee meeting:
Planning application 6/2018/0063 Lewis Wyatt (Construction) Ltd & Morrish Builders. Land at Huntick Road, Lytchett Matravers. Erection of 46 dwellings (including affordable homes), new vehicular access via Huntick Road, associated landscaping, drainage & all other development works. PASS shows this application has still not yet been determined. However it was reported that the matter will be considered by the PDC Planning Committee at their February meeting. The Parish Clerk was asked to book two slots to speak at the meeting (for AB, MC and / or AH) concerning the matter of the intended shared path fronting the site onto Huntick Rd for the purposes of the cycleway project. Action: Parish Clerk to contact PDC accordingly.
Planning application 6/2018/0515 Valley View Farm, Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DA. Temporary rural workers dwelling. PASS shows this application has still not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2018/0521 Valley View Farm, Land south of Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DA. Erection of 7 polytunnels, new farm service track and car parking area. PASS shows this application has still not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2018/0590 Mr J. Gregory. Valley View Farm, Land south of Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DA. Erection of livestock building. PASS shows this application has now been approved.
Planning application 6/2018/0586 Mrs A Baker. 56 High Street, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BH. Convert dwelling to 2 flats. Erect a single storey front extension & side external staircase. New car parking layout & boundary fencing. PASS shows this application has been refused.
Planning application 6/2018/0610 Mr Rob Holden. Chartley, Jennys Lane, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BP. Outline planning permission to extend above existing property to form a first floor and erect a 2 storey extension on front (east) elevation. Erect a detached garage with pitched roof. PASS shows this application has been withdrawn.
Planning application 6/2018/0623 OOTA Property Ltd. Foxhills Farm, Foxhills Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6BD. Formation of new driveway utilising existing access onto Foxhills Road. PASS shows this application has now been approved.
Planning application 6/2018/0620 Mr & Mrs W & E Sewell. Foxdale, Burbidge Close, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6EG. Front single storey extension linking the garage to the house, rear single storey extension and associated ramping and decking. PASS shows this application has now been approved.
Planning application 6/2018/0645 Bracken Developments Limited. Former Royal British Legion Club, Wimborne Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HQ. Outline application for the demolition of the former, vacant, Royal British Legion Club building and the construction of 7 dwellings with car parking and landscaping. PASS shows that this application has not yet been determined.
5. To receive and note the 2018/2019 YEAR to date bank reconciliation. A copy of the bank reconciliation is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve this, subject to circulation to all members of the relevant bank statements.
6. To receive and consider a report covering 2018/19 year to date council income and expenditure. The report having been circulated to all members, it was RESOLVED to accept and approve this.
7. To consider planning application 6/2019/0003 P & A White & Hibberd. 11 Huntick Estate, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EB. Sever plot. Erect detached 2-bed chalet bungalow with access and parking. The council wished to register an OBJECTION to this proposal on the grounds that it represents over-development of the plot to the detriment of existing neighbouring properties, and that the proposed vehicle access to and from the property is severely constrained.
8. To consider planning application 6/2019/0009 Mr Nicholas Rubenstein. 86 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6DT. Detached 2 storey building at the rear of 86 Wareham Road, comprising two semi-detached houses. The parish council notes that this is a significant amendment to an existing approved proposal. The council wishes to register an OBJECTION to this on the grounds that the amendment significantly alters the nature of what had previously been agreed and that the proposed increases to the dwellings results in over-development of the plot, and which is not in keeping with the surrounding properties. The council is also concerned about the additional vehicles and traffic movement arising from this expansion of this residential accommodation – especially as the DCC Highways Department has commissioned Sustrans to examine the acknowledged traffic problems in this precise location.
In the context of what has been agreed as the process for the new Dorset Council, please can this proposal be considered to go forward to the Planning Committee for consideration.
The Parish Council would also like to express its concern that the developers appear to have used this amendment to fundamentally alter an earlier approved scheme in a manner which appears to have been designed to circumvent the normal full planning process.
9. To consider planning application 6/2019/0077 Mr I Simpson. 5 Vineyard Close, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6DD. Demolish conservatory and erect single storey extension at rear. NO OBJECTION.
10. To consider the performance of the Dorset AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) Partnership in respect of commenting on planning applications. [This is in response to a request from the DAPTC Purbeck Area Committee, and has been prompted by concerns expressed by some councillors across Purbeck over the lack of responses from the Dorset AONB Partnership, and the nature of such responses.] It was RESOLVED to respond with the following view…that in response to concerns expressed by DAPTC members and officers, Lytchett Matravers Parish Council would encourage AONB officers to offer insights from their specialist knowledge and experience as input to relevant planning applications.
11. To consider a proposal to adopt the Scribe bespoke accounting package for Parish & Town councils (annual licence fee £347 + VAT). It was RESOLVED to adopt this package.
12. To consider a proposed Health & Safety policy for the council. It was RESOLVED to approve and adopt this forthwith.
A review is to be undertaken in 6-8 weeks regarding the consideration of inclusion of any specific provisions for the Allotments and the Sports Pavilion. Action: Parish Clerk to research and prepare recommendations on these aspects.
13. To consider a proposed Equal Opportunities policy for the council. A minor amendment was made and it was RESOLVED to approve and adopt this policy forthwith.
14. To consider a proposed Document Retention Scheme for the council. It was RESOLVED to approve and adopt this policy forthwith.
15. To undertake an annual review of Council Risk Register. It was RESOLVED that Cllr Norris and the Parish Clerk will work together on this review and report back to this committee.
16. To undertake an annual review of the schedule of Governance / Internal Controls responsibilities. It was RESOLVED that Cllr Norris and the Parish Clerk will work together on this review and report back to this committee.
17. Annual review of burial records – nomination of reviewers. It was RESOLVED that Cllr Cottman will carry out this review and report back to this committee.
18. Annual review of insurance cover – nomination of reviewers. It was RESOLVED that Cllrs Huggins and Wood will work together to carry out this review and report back to this committee.
19. To review and approve the text of the forthcoming article for the Parish Magazine. Members noted that no proposed text had been made available for consideration at the meeting. However the following topics were suggested for inclusion:
– Church Walk improvements
– PDC Planning Committee consideration of the Huntick Rd proposal at its February meeting.
– Library Walk hedge removal.
– Resolution to the problem of the fallen tree obstructing Jubilee Walk.
20. To note correspondence received. There was none.
The meeting closed at 20:15
Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………