Minutes of the FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE
Meeting held on Wednesday July 14th 2021, at 7.00 p.m. in the Village Hall
PRESENT: Cllr M Attridge (Committee Chair), B Barker, M Colvey, A Huggins, K Morgan, P Webb and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk).
No members of the public were in attendance.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: There was none.
Cllrs Abbott, Bush, Carswell, Cottman and Korenevsky.
2. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest – and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.
There were none.
3. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee meeting held on 9th June 2021.
The minutes were ACCEPTEDas a true record and signed by the Committee Chairman.
4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters.
The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report of past subject matters. [nb: comments made or decisions taken at the meeting are shown in italics]
i. F&GP Cttee 14 October 2020, Minute 7. Allotments hedge trimming (inside). As agreed at the March F&GP meeting, this item has been added to the draft agenda of the September F&GP Cttee meeting. DEFERRED.
ii. F&GP Cttee 14 October 2020, Minute 8. Pavement clearing with weed brush machine. Loan of a suitable machine has been arranged with Poole Business Services. It was scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday 13th July.
iii. F&GP Cttee 14 October 2020, Minute 9. Possible art project by Lytchett Minster School students to eliminate graffiti on Skate Park. Commencement of the artwork by Lytchett Minster School was arranged for immediately after half term. Unfortunately the work of the students involved has been interrupted by the need to self isolate after a Covid contact. The school hope to have something completed by the end of the summer term.
iv. F&GP Cttee 5 May 2021, Minute 4 – DC policy on dog waste disposed of in ordinary litter bins due to dog bins being considered “not fit for purpose”. Members had noted the advice from Dorset Waste Services that dog bins are now considered by DC not to be “fit for purpose” and that they now prefer general waste bins to also be used for dog waste. As requested at the meeting on 5th May 2021, the Parish Clerk wrote to the Dorset Council member who holds the portfolio for waste services. The response from Cllr Jill Haynes was circulated by email to all members on 12th July. A reply is awaited.
v. F&GP Cttee 21 March 2021, Minute 21 – Use of grant by Lytchett Matravers Angels. An email from the LM Angels to the Parish Council Chairman and Clerk on 19th May 2021 they advised that “…should there be any surplus funds from the grant given of £1,000 to LM Angels from the LMPC, it is our intention to return any remaining funds we have to the LMPC. We will be able to advise this in early June, once we have completed vaccination transport / volunteer expenses this month.” The returned funds have now been received into the Council’s bank account. DISCHARGED
vi. F&GP Cttee Planning application responses sent to the DC Planning Team:
Planning application 6/2020/0459 Land off Eddy Green Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HL. Demolish existing outbuildings & erect a new dwelling with associated parking and access.DC planning portal shows that this application has still not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2020/0374 (Revised Proposal). The Cottage, Foxhills Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BD. Sever plot and erect 2 detached houses with access & parking. DC planning portal shows that this application for the revised proposal has now been refused.
Planning application 6/2020/0555. Castle Farm House, Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BZ. Provision for renewable energy & alterations & repairs. DC planning portal shows that this application has now been approved.
Planning application 6/2020/0556. Castle Farm House, Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6BZ. Provision for renewable energy, doors, windows & new conservatory roof. DC planning portal shows that this application for the revised proposal has now been approved.
Planning application 6/2021/0031 Hill House, Jennys Lane, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BP. Demolish existing store. Conversion of existing workshop to habitable dwelling. DC planning portal currently shows that the application has not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2021/0087 86 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6DT. Variation of conditions 2 & 5 of PP 6/2020/0297 (Alterations to existing building to form additional ground floor 1 bedroom flat and reduce size of shop unit. Installation of rooflights to south elevation to serve shop) minor amendments to front landscape areas.DC planning portal shows that this application has still not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2021/0044 Land at Huntick Road, Lytchett Matravers. Minor material amendment to vary condition 2 of planning permission 6/2018/0063 (Erection of 46 dwellings (including affordable homes), new vehicular access via Huntick Road, associated landscaping, & all other development works) to change the positioning, layout and design of the dwelling on plot 23. DC planning portal shows that this application has now been approved.
Planning application 6/2021/0092 204 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6DU. Sever plot and erect a detached dwelling with associated access and parking.
DC planning portal shows that this application has still not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2021/0143 7 Keates Meadow, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6NF. Single storey side extension and garage conversion. DC planning portal shows that this application has still not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2021/0159 4 Hyde Cottages, Prospect Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EE. Erect a single storey rear extension. DC planning portal shows that this application has been approved.
Planning application 6/2021/0035 Spy House, Middle Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6HJ. Demolish porch and erect two storey front extension. DC planning portal shows that this application has been approved.
Planning application 6/2021/0038 Windy Ridge, Eldons Drove, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HH. Sever rear garden and erect dwelling with attached garage. DC planning portal shows that this application has not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2021/0090 1 Quarr Cottages, Quarr Lane, Halls Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EP. Remove existing staircase, raise floor level of 1st floor cupboard & construct new staircase. DC planning portal shows that this application has not yet been determined.
5. To receive and note the 2021-22 year to date bank reconciliation (for purposes of report only).
A copy of the bank reconciliation is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve this reconciliation.
6. To receive and consider a report covering 2021-22 year to date council income and expenditure (for purposes of report only).
The report was circulated to all members by the Parish Clerk. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve this. The income and expenditure report is included in Appendix 1 to these minutes.
7. To receive and consider a report on the current uptake, waiting list and upkeep of the allotments (for purposes of report only).
The Parish Clerk referred to a report which he had made available to all members ahead of this meeting. The contents of this report were noted. Of the five plots identified in the report in June one has been significantly improved by the plot holder and three have been handed back. One plot holder has not responded to the correspondence and it was AGREED that this plot holder will now be informed by recorded delivery letter that the plot is to be taken back and re-let. One of the plots which has been handed back (plot 62) has very high weed and nettle growth and it was AGREED to approach the gardening contractor to seek a quote for stimming this off.
Action: Parish Clerk to write to the plot holder and contact the gardening contractor accordingly.
8. To Consider planning application 6/2021/0190 10 Cecil Place, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6FG. Conversion of garage into living accommodation.
The council members wished to register an OBJECTION on the grounds that this proposal results in the elimination of an off-road parking space. The property is situated in a high density residential area with a current serious shortage of on-street parking space. The Parish Council’s position remains that it expects to see two off-road parking spaces per dwelling throughout Lytchett Matravers.
9. To consider a request from a resident for permission to use an access to their property via Youth Club land.
The committee Chairman summarised the background to this matter and it has been clarified that the request is for pedestrian access only.
After some debate it was AGREED to draft a letter in response to the resident covering the following points:
- The Parish Council does not own the land in question, it is leased from Dorset Council. Consequently it is not within the Parish Council’s power to formally grant any access rights.
- The Parish Council is in a protracted negotiation with Dorset Council to acquire this land. If this is successful the Parish Council will be able to review this matter.
- The car park is provided for the benefit of users of the Youth Club and Army Cadet halls on the site. This results in predominantly evening use of the car park.
- The Parish Council has a long standing arrangement with Gables Garage for daytime use to temporarily park their customers’ cars there – to reduce the demand for on-street parking and consequent roadside congestion in this area of the High Street.
- It is intended to re-instate a previous arrangement to lock the vehicle gate each evening, to prevent unauthorised overnight parking.
- The area between the bollards at the front of the site will be strimmed so that it is possible to walk between them.
10. To consider items for the next Parish Magazine
Cllr Barker referred to the following suggestions which she had made available to members in advance of the meeting:
- Update from the Huntick Road Cycle path working group
- Information from Dorset Council on a new Dorset multi-agency campaign to tackle fly-tipping – SCRAP
- An update from Dorset Council on the waste collection service operated from their Wareham Depot, serving Lytchett Matravers.
- Local comment on the matter of dogs on the sports playing areas of the Recreation Ground
These were agreed.
11. To note correspondence received.
Cllr Barker reported on the matter of antisocial behaviour on the recreation ground which is stimulating significant comment in local social media. This concerns a group of teenagers occupying the skate park area and causing some intimidation of other users of the area. The matter was noted with concern by the council members and it was agreed that members of the public should be encouraged to report any such matters to the police as and when they occur. The members also agreed that it would be helpful to approach the local community police officer(s) to advise that they have a standing invitation to attend council meetings.
Cllr Morgan reported on a communication from a resident concerning perceived lack of visibility at the entrance to the refurbished car park. This has now been attended to.
The Parish Clerk reported on an email received from a casual user of the Lytchett Astro regarding the nettle growth on the land surrounding the pitch.
He had also received a report from the Village Handyman that the fence behind the goal at the eastern end of the Lytchett Astro has been damaged.
The meeting closed at 20:15
Annotated by/on ………………………….Approved by/on ………………………
Bank reconciliation and 2021/22 year to date report covering income and expenditure.
See separate report.