FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE

Meeting held on Wednesday December 5th 2018, at 7.00p.m. in the Methodist Church, Wareham Rd, Lytchett Matravers

PRESENT: Cllrs C Wood (Chair), A Bush, R Carswell, M Colvey, A Huggins, R Watts, and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk)

There were three members of the public present.

Public participation: There was none.

1. APOLOGIES. K Norris, A Cottman, P Webb and J Taylor.

2. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.Cllr Carswell declared an interest in #9 below, as his company is a potential supplier. Cllr Watts declared an interest in #9 as a neighbour of the property.

Cllr Bush declared an interest in #8, as the owner of the property. He left the room for that item and took no part in any proceedings related to it.

3. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee meeting held on 14th Movember 2018. These were ACCEPTED as a true record and signed by the Committee Chairman.

4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters. The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report of past subject matters. [nb: comments made or decisions taken at the meeting are shown in italics]

i. F&P Cttee Minute 12, 6th June 2011. Security of council papers & records. At the October 2018 F&GP Cttee meeting a discussion took place about where the best place for the minutes would be for storage of this historical document and it was suggested that the Parish Council could scan it so that the village has a copy as well as Dorset History Centre.There is potential to also print an extract from the minutes in the Link. Carried Forward.

ii. E&A Cttee minute 5.4 6th Nov 2017 Old School Green / War Memorial. Mr Mills has been asked be asked to arrange for supply and distribution of soil to fill the depression. The Parish Clerk has confirmed with Mr Mills that this work is due to take place on or before 12th December 2018.

F&GP Cttee, 8th August 2018, Minute 14 – Specification for re-modelling and upgrading of Lytchett Astro entrance trackway area. At the meeting on 8th August it was resolved that Cllr Bush would prepare a specification for use to obtain quotes for this work. This specification was passed to the Parish Clerk and approaches made to three prospective groundworks contractors – Two quotes have now been received. A third contractor has confirmed his interest in the job and willingness to quote. His response is awaited.

iii. F&GP Cttee, 8th August 2018, Minute 18, Bollards / Dolly Posts. As resolved, the Parish Clerk has asked the Handyman to obtain and install wooden dolly posts in the current gaps at the Rec Ground. This work is in progress.

Regarding the project to replace wooden posts with plastic, it was concluded that the easiest discrete site to progress would be the car park at the Eldons Drove end of the rec. Cllr Huggins has prepared a draft spec for the installation of bollards around the Eldons Drove car park. Some further clarification of detail within this has been sought. DISCHARGED from F&GP committee.

iv. F&GP Cttee, 12th September 2018, Minute 10, – proposal to create a Parish Council-led community team to clear Church Walk back to the fence line and to infill the groove in the surface path – This is a public right of way under DCC responsibility which has become increasingly overgrown. A contractor has been selected from the quotes received and it has been reported that work has commenced. Carried Forward.

v. F&GP Cttee, 14th November 2018. Work to prepare a grant funding request for submission to Sport England. It was noted that two significant inputs to this to increase its chance of success are the level of support for the project by the local community, as demonstrated by a public consultation exercise, and the identification of other funding contributions towards the total sum required. Advice on effective consultation has been requested from Dorset Community Action.

vi. Planning application responses sent to PDC and reported as “not yet determined” by PDC at the September LMPC F&GP Committee meeting:

Planning application 6/2018/0063 Lewis Wyatt (Construction) Ltd & Morrish Builders. Land at Huntick Road, Lytchett Matravers. Erection of 46 dwellings (including affordable homes), new vehicular access via Huntick Road, associated landscaping, drainage & all other development works. PASS shows this application has still not yet been determined. Regarding the Council’s request to begin discussions with both parties regarding the amenity aspects, Cllrs Bush and Huggins have reiterated their intention to contact Wyatts on this matter now that DCC Highways has confirmed its responsibility for maintenance of the verge and that their checks at the Land Registry confirm that it is not registered. It is understood that this application will be considered at the January Purbeck Planning Committee meeting, and that the District Valuer has remarked on the required proportion of affordable housing to be included. Action: Paris Clerk to ask PDC what the District Valuer as said regarding the proportion of affordable housing.

Planning application 6/2018/0287. Nest Homes. Land adjacent to Wessex Water Reservoir, Purbeck Road, Lytchett Matravers. Construction of 25 dwellings and associated access, car parking and landscaping. PASS shows that PDC has now been approved.

Planning application 6/2018/0542 Dymboro, Eldons Drove, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HH. Insert 6 rooflights for internal loft conversion.PASS shows this application has now been approved.

Planning application 6/2018/0515 Valley View Farm, Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DA. Temporary rural workers dwelling. PASS shows this application has still not yet been determined.

Planning application 6/2018/0521 Valley View Farm, Land south of Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DA. Erection of 7 polytunnels, new farm service track and car parking area. PASS shows this application has not yet been determined.

Planning application 6/2018/0582 Mr Nicholas Rubenstein. Land between 66 & 68 The Spinney, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6AS. Erect detached single storey garage. PASS shows this application has not yet been determined.

Planning application 6/2018/0590 Mr J. Gregory. Valley View Farm, Land south of Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DA. Erection of livestock building. PASS shows this application has not yet been determined.

Planning application 6/2018/0586 Mrs A Baker. 56 High Street, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BH. Convert dwelling to 2 flats. Erect a single storey front extension & side external staircase. New car parking layout & boundary fencing. PASS shows this application has not yet been determined.

Planning application 6/2018/0557 Dr and Mrs Adam and Vicky Nicholls. 47 High Street, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BH. Create a dropped kerb, erect a front garden boundary fence and other associated works. PASS shows this application has not yet been determined.

5. To receive and note the 2018/2019 YEAR to date bank reconciliation. A copy of the bank reconciliation is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve this, subject to circulation to all members of the relevant bank statements.

6. To receive and consider a report covering 2018/19 year to date council income and expenditure. The report having been circulated to all members it was RESOLVED to accept and approve this.

7. To continue consideration of the 2019/20 proposed budget and precept working paper. Concerning the budget subhead allocations for 2019/20, the following points were RESOLVED to recommend to Full Council:

· To remove all project and sinking fund expenses, and the expenditure on Foxhills Open Space maintenance from day to day expenses – based on the argument that they are covered by the council’s Pru Fund investment.

· To include £1000 pa for replacement benches.

· To include £500 pa for dolly post replacements.

· To allocate £1500 towards a reserve for election expenses.

· To allocate £2000 pa for Misc (legal and professional) services.

After some considerable debate it was also RESOLVED by a majority vote (1 Abstention and 1 against) to recommend to Full Council an increase in the precept of 18%. Justification offered for this increase was closer alignment with other communities’ precept levels; and the list of local projects the council wishes to pursue. Members hope to obtain some external funding towards the intended local projects, but they recognise the difficulties in obtaining this, and also the need to demonstrate local commitment and significant contribution towards them.

8. To consider planning application 6/2018/0604 Mr M Wingfield – Harlequin Homes. The Shooting Box, Middle Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6HJ. Sever plot, erect two dwellings with access and parking. No Objection. However the Parish Council wished to strongly recommend that the plots are laid out differently to enable the two parking spaces to be positioned side-by-side, to encourage parking within the dwelling plots rather than on the side of this very narrow road.

9. To consider planning application 6/2018/0610 Mr Rob Holden. Chartley, Jennys Lane, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BP. Outline planning permission to extend above existing property to form a first floor and erect a 2 storey extension on front (east) elevation. Erect a detached garage with pitched roof. NO OBJECTION.

10. To consider planning application 6/2018/0623 OOTA Property Ltd. Foxhills Farm, Foxhills Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6BD. Formation of new driveway utilising existing access onto Foxhills Road. NO OBJECTION

11. To consider planning application 6/2018/0620Mr & Mrs W & E Sewell. Foxdale, Burbidge Close, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6EG. Front single storey extension linking the garage to the house, rear single storey extension and associated ramping and decking. NO OBJECTION

12. To consider adoption of the proposed revised Standing orders based on the latest Model version issued by the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) It was RESOLVED to recommend to Full Council that these revised Standing Orders be accepted.

13. To consider adoption of the proposed revised Financial Regulations based on the latest Model version issued by the National Association of Local Councils (NALC). Subject to harmonising the references to the de-minimus limit throughout the document at £500, it was RESOLVED to recommend to Full Council that these revised Financial Regulations be accepted.

14. To consider adoption of the proposed revised Code of Conduct for Council members based on the latest model version issued by the National Association of Local Councils (NALC). It was noted that this proposal was in fact a reaffirmation the Council’s existing adopted Code of Conduct. It was RESOLVED to recommend to Full Council that it notes in the minutes of its meeting that a review of the code of conduct has taken place and that the Council and all its members reaffirm its acceptance of this Code of Conduct.

15. To consider adoption of the proposed Statement of Intent for training of council members and officers. It was RESOLVED to recommend to Full Council the acceptance of this document, subject to a minor amendment adding the words “subject to its approval of requests” to the second paragraph entitled “Commitment to training”.

16. To review and approve the text of the forthcoming article for the Parish Magazine. No proposed text was available for consideration.

17. To note correspondence received. The Parish Clerk reported that he had received a letter from DCC advising of a small increase in the annual charge for the additional library hour, e=with effect from the 2019/20 financial year.

Meeting closed at 20:45

Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………