Meeting of the Parish Council – Weds 26th July 2023 at 7.00 p.m. in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall.
Tim Watton, Parish Clerk. Council Office, Vineyard Close, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DD.
Email: lytchettmatravers or call 07824 829491.
Copies of related reports for the items below are available on request to the Parish Clerk by 7pm on Tuesday 25th July 2023
A G E N D A
All Council decisions must give due consideration to their impact on the community’s carbon footprint.
Report by Dorset Councillors (Standing Orders Suspended)
Public Participation – (standing orders suspended).
1. To receive and consider apologies for absence.
2. To receive any declarations of interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011
3. To consider any applications for the casual vacancy on the Parish Council.
4. To receive and resolve to approve minutes of Council meeting held on 28th June 2023.
5. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters on the minutes of the Full Council meeting (for purposes of report only).
6. Chair’s announcements
7. To receive and note the content of the minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee Meeting on 12th July 2023 (for purposes of report only)
8. To consider the following recommendations from the F&GP Cttee meeting on 12th July 2023
(i) To adopt the process as set out in the DAPTC Guidance Note dated 22nd June 2023 for responding to Unauthorised Traveller Encampments within the parish; and to confirm that the Parish Clerk has the delegated authority to agree to the payment of £600 to Dorset Council to enable the police to issue a “Section 62”, if one is required.
9. To receive a report from the Village Environment Working Group (for purposes of report only).
10. To receive a report from the Highways Working Group (for purposes of report only).
11. To receive a report from the Neighbourhood Plan 2 Working Group (for purposes of report only).
12. To receive a report from the Lytchett Matravers Youth Hall Working Group (for purposes of report only)
13. To receive a report on planning towards D-Day anniversary community event in 2024 (for purposes of report only).
14. To receive report on Annual Parish Meeting held 10 June 2023 (for purposes of report only)
15. Consider a proposal for Dropped Kerbs at various locations
16. To resolve to deposit £10,000 in an Ethical Easy Access account with Charity Bank Ltd and that the following be authorised to operate the account on the Council’s behalf: Councillors Karen Korenevsky, Micki Attridge, Kenneth Morgan, and Andrew Huggins.
17. To resolve to confirm to Santander Bank the following signatory / “account operator” changes on the bank mandate for the Council’s Santander Bank accounts; i.e. to remove Maureen Munford, Julie Dyball, Keith Norris, Robin Miller and Dennis Gillard; and add Andrew Huggins, Karen Korenevsky, Kenneth Morgan and Micki Attridge.
Also to confirm to Santander Bank the following full list of organisation members: Councillors Victoria Abbott, Robert Aspray, Micki Attridge, Beverly Barker, Alf Bush, Andrew Huggins, Hannah Khanna, Karen Korenevsky, Kenneth Morgan and Peter Webb. Parish Clerk, Timothy Watton.
18. To receive a report on the request for updated contractors’ prices for phase 1 Youth Hall refurbishment works; to consider these, and to select a contractor to appoint to undertake the specified works
19. To consider and accept quotation for a measured survey of site adjoining the School for potential car park and sports facilities.
20. To consider design for enhancement of Hannam’s Gate entrance to the Rec.
21. To consider design for replacement Parish Council/Village Notice Board on Library Green.
22. To consider design for works adjoining Sports Pavilion and Scout Hut to provide stores for Sports Club, Scouts + Parish Council, 2x external Table Tennis Tables, together with an enhanced Entrance and enlarged Terrace for Pavilion. Proposal to include option for shared/public wheelchair accessible public toilet
23. To consider and approve the Agreement with Wessex Internet for provision of a fibre connection to the Recreation Ground.
24. Report into outstanding legal fees related to the pharmacy steps project.
25. To resolve to approve the following payments already made:
|To Whom||For What||Net||VAT||Total|
|British Telecom||Office phone and broadband – June 2023||55.98||11.19||67.17|
|Fletchamoore (Poole) Ltd||Removal of car park barrier and make good surface||325.00||65.00||390.00|
|SSE||Car park lighting quarter 1 2023/24||16.18||0.80||16.98|
|HSBC||Bank charges to 30th June 2023||5.00||0.00||5.00|
26. To resolve to approve the following payments due:
|To Whom||For What||Net||VAT||Total|
|T Watton||Clerk’s salary – July 2023.||1138.80||0.00||1138.80|
|HMRC||PAYE & ENI – July 2023.||388.75||0.00||388.75|
|Dorset County Pension Fund||LGPS pension contrib July 2023||420.13||0.00||420.13|
|T Homer||Handyman duties, June 2023||325.62||0.00||325.62|
|Idverde Ltd||Cemetery maintenance June 2023 Inv no 10885420||350.60||70.12||420.72|
|Haven Memorials Ltd||Refund of part fee for memorial (local resident)||140.00||0.00||140.00|
|Dorset Council||Footpath maintenance annual fee – Jubilee Walk and Church Walk||490.00||0.00||490.00|
|BHIB Ltd||Additional Insurance premium – Sports Pavilion buildings insurance||350.57||0.00||350.57|
|T Watton||Mileage and expenses incurred on behalf of Council||109.02||5.58||114.60|
|Replay Maintenance Ltd||Half yearly service – Astro pitch||547.50||109.50||657.00|
|Ellis Jones Solicitors||Outstanding legal fees for pharmacy steps project||290.80||0.00||290.80|
27. Training by members or the Clerk in the past month (for the purposes of report only).
28.To note any decisions / action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, record of decisions and access to documents (for purposes of report only).
29. To note correspondence received.
Members are reminded that the Parish Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability); Crime & Disorder; Health & Safety; and Human Rights.
Signed: T Watton Date: July 2023