Minutes of the MEETING OF LYTCHETT MATRAVERS PARISH COUNCIL

Held on Wednesday December 19th 2018 at 7:00 in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall, High St, Lytchett Matravers.

PRESENT were Cllrs A Bush (Chairman), R Carswell, M Colvey, A Huggins, K Norris, J Taylor, R Watts, and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk).

Also present: County Cllr P Wharf, Dist Cllr W Meaden, and one member of the public.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION

There was none.

District Councillor’s Report

Cllr Meaden’s and Cllr Webb’s joint report is attached at appendix 1 to these minutes. There were no comments or questions.

County Councillor’s Report

Cllr Wharf‘s report is attached at appendix 2 to these minutes. There were no comments or questions.

1. To receive and consider apologies for absence – Cllrs A Cottman, P Webb and C Wood

2. TO RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY INTEREST; AND CONSIDER REQUESTS FOR SPECIAL DISPENSATIONS UNDER SECTION 33 OF THE LOCALISM ACT 2011. Cllr Taylor declared an interest in item 11 (Planning Application 6/2018/0617) as he owns a field behind Peatons Lane.

3. TO receive AND RESOLVE to APPROVE THE Minutes of The Full Council Meeting on 28th November 2018. It was RESOLVED to approve these as a true record of the meeting, subject to an amendment to minute 7 by adding the words “and other areas to be finalised” to the last sentence. The minutes were then duly signed by the Council Chairman.

4. TO RECEIVE and consider REPORTS OF PAST SUBJECT MATTERS.

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk. The italics below indicates additional comments made by members at the meeting.

i. Minute 7, 17th January 2018 – research of grant funding for defibrillator by Cllr Cottman. The planned public consultation activity is progressing, with over 200 signatures now obtained.

ii. Minute 10, 25th April 2018 – Security of fences at Jubilee Walk. Katie Black, a Ranger with the DCC Rights of Way Department responded on 5th December to the Council’s repeated approaches to DCC on this matter. She advised that she has checked the position and verified that the matter is still currently with the DCC Legal Team who are looking to secure removal of the tree through the land agents. She explained that she is hopeful that DCC will hear something before Christmas to allow the tree to be removed.A summary has been forwarded to Cllr Wharf, and he advised that the Clerk should contact him after Christmas if there had still been no response by then. Action: Parish Clerk to advise Cllr Wharf accordingly.

iii. Public Participation, 25th July 2018 – condition of Church Walk. The completion of this work by the appointed contractor is awaited. The volunteers’ involvement is being co-ordinated by Cllr Barker.

iv. Public Participation, 26th September 2018 – coronation memorial plaque. At the Full Council meeting on 28th November 2018 it was noted that the Village History Group are approaching the owners of the land adjacent to Church Walk to accommodate the plaque. News of a response to this request is awaited.

v. Minute 7, 26th September 2018 – paper from David Bevan to develop proposals for the protection of open space in the village. At the Full Council meeting on 28th November 2018 it was resolved that the Neighbourhood Planning Working Group would now progress the points proposed in Cllr Watts’ paper which was attached at Appendix 3 to the minutes of that meeting. It was noted that the second recommendation in this paper concerned proceeding with negotiations with FiT to amend the Deed of Dedication for the Rec to limit the area covered to the level playing area, in exchange for putting a new Deed in place on Foxhills. It was identified that Cllr Norris would progress this point and that the matter should be DISCHARGED from this list and the FIT element subsequently reported through the High Street Shared Space Working Group reports. Action: Cllrs Norris and Carswell to note the changed progress reporting arrangement.

vi. Minute 10, 26th September 2018 – Recreation Ground ball court. Contact has been made with Dorset Community Action to seek advice on running a suitable public consultation exercise. A member of DCA has responded and the contact details passed to Cllr Huggins to liaise on this point direct.

5. CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS The announced that Cllr Taylor had decided to stand down from the Council. The Chairman took the opportunity to thank Cllr Taylor and recognise his dedication and hard work as a member of the Council.

Cllr Bush also advised of a meeting to be held between representatives of the Parish Council (Cllrs Bush, Watts and Webb) and the Village Hall Management Committee and Trustees which is due to take place in early January 2019, to talk about the hall’s charitable status and plans for its refurbishment and improvements.

6. To receive and note the content of the minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee meeting on 5th December 2018. It was RESOLVED to receive and note these.

7. Neighbourhood Plan Implementation – consideration of a Preliminary Financing Plan developed by Cllr Watts. Thanks were offered to Cllr Watts for the significant work in researching, analysis and preparation of this comprehensive paper for members’ consideration and to inform longer term thinking and discussions. It was noted that there are a number of valuable links to the work on the budget allocation and precept requirement as detailed in minute 8 below.

8. To consider the F&GP committee recommendation for 2019/20 budget allocation and precept requirement as discussed and agreed under agenda item 7. It was RESOLVED by 5 votes in favour and 1 against (1 abstention) to accept this recommendation for the budget allocations as detailed in appendix 3 to these minutes; and of a precept for 2019/20 of £78,269 – an increase of 18%.

9. Consider the following recommendations from the Finance & General Purposes Committee meeting on 5th December:

· Acceptance of the bank reconciliation and accounts update as presented under F&GP Cttee agenda items 5 and 6. RESOLVED

· Acceptance and adoption of the revised version of the council’s Standing Orders, as presented under F&GP Cttee agenda item 12. RESOLVED

· Acceptance and adoption of the revised version of the council’s Financial Regulations, as presented under F&GP Cttee agenda item 13. RESOLVED

· To accept and note the review of the council’s Code of Conduct, as presented under F&GP Cttee agenda item 14, which finds that no changes to this document are required. RESOLVED

· Acceptance and adoption of the Statement of Intent and Policy for Training of council members and officers, as presented under F&GP Cttee agenda item 15. RESOLVED

10. To consider the proposed schedule of meeting dates for 2019/20. It was RESOLVED to accept this schedule, subject to verification of availability of the hall on each date by the Village Hall bookings secretary. It was noted that it might be necessary to consider an alternative date for the Annual Parish Meeting in order to secure the Village Hall as the venue for this event.

11. To consider Planning application 6/2018/0617 Mr Richard Biggs. South Deep, Peatons Lane, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6HW. Extend the existing dwelling and convert attic space into living accommodation. NO OBJECTION.

12. To receive and consider the content of reports from the leader of the Working Groups as follows:

· High Street Shared Space. Cllr Carswell used copies of a detailed graphic prepared by Mr Ken Morgan to provide a detailed overview of the 16 linked elements in this scheme. A copy of the graphic is attached at appendix 4 to these minutes.He highlighted the following actions for the area between the pharmacy and the library, and adjacent areas:

– Clear the fence and shrubs near the noticeboard

– Extend the steps, to make them shallower

– Re-grade the bank

– Conduct discussions with Tesco about rearranging the parking

– Discussions with DCC regarding the crossing the High Street to therecreation ground to help establish the pedestrian route through the village

· Sports Club. An update on the programme of refurbishment works for the Sports Club pavilion was noted – including moving forward to obtain quotes for this work. Progress on crowd funding and other fundraising efforts was also reported.

Cllr Huggins also offered a written report on four initiatives he is leading – attached at appendix 5 to these minutes.

13. To resolve to approve the following payments due:

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
4027 T Watton Clerk’s salary – December (12 equal monthly payments by SO) 883.15 0.00 883.15
4028 DCC LGPS pension contrib December 2018 350.56 0.00 350.56
4029 T Homer Handyman duties, November 2018 225.00 0.00 225.00
4030 Idverde Ltd Cemetery maintenance – November 2018 303.49 60.70 364.19
4031 British Telecom Office phone and broadband 6 Dec 2018 – 5 Mar 2019 151.65 30.32 181.97
4032 DCC Remembrance day road sign stickers 26.00 5.20 31.20
4033 Ollie Noscoe Arborist services – reduce oak tree at library walk 300.00 0.00 300.00
4034 Replay Maintenance Ltd Half yearly maintenance visit – Lytchett Astro, Nov 2018 470.25 94.05 564.30
4035 Water2Business Half yearly water charge – Allotments 20/6/18 – 22/11/18 501.95 0.00 501.95
4036 Water2Business Half yearly water charge – Sports Pavilion 22/6/18 – 23/11/18 368.01 0.00 368.01
4037 Lytchett Matravers Football Club Reimbursement for annul TV licence at Sports Pavilion 150.50 0.00 150.50
4038 HMRC PAYE and ENI (P32) Quarter 3 2018/19 913.81 0.00 913.81
4039 K Norris Reimbursement of mileage expenses incurred – attendance at DAPTC Purbeck Area committee meeting, DCA AGM & conference. 24.75 0.00 24.75
4040 K Norris Reimbursement of Cllr expenses incurred – car parking for DCA AGM & Conference 4.00 0.00 4.00
4041 Susan Drake Refund of allotment 2019 advance payment + deposit 64.00 0.00 64.00

It was RESOLVED to approve all of the above payments.

14. To note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month. Cllr Norris and Cllr Bush reported that they had attended the Dorset Community Action AGM.

15. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents.

There were none.

16. Correspondence.

The Parish Clerk reported that he had received an email from DCC Highways requesting a site meeting to discuss trees overhanging Eldons Drove. This meeting will take place on 7th January 2019.

Cllr Norris advised that, in response to an approach from a resident who was worried about the removal of a tree which he thought might be protected, he would prepare some advice to residents on what to do in such circumstances.

Cllr Norris also reported that he had replied to a resident expressing concerns at a possible housing development proposal adjacent to Glebe Road. His response had included the schedule of events for landowners to offer possible sites for consideration in the Purbeck Local Plan, and that this site had merely been included as part of that process.

17. To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.

The next Full Council meeting is to be held in the Village Hall on Wednesday 23rd January 2019 at 7pm.

The meeting closed at 7:55pm

Annotated by/on …………………………….. Signed by……………………