Wednesday 23rd September 2020 at 7:00 online.

PRESENT were A Bush (Chairman), M Attridge, R Carswell, M Colvey, A Huggins, K Morgan, P Webb, Barker (from 7.15) and Cottman, Mrs Lindsay Hole (Locum Clerk).

Also present: Dorset Cllrs A Brenton (from 7.15), and A Starr

No members of the public were present.


There was none.


Dorset Cllr Starr reported that Dorset Council did not approve the increase in councillors allowances of £500 per year. However they have approved six new posts for assistants to the cabinet at a cost of £10k per annum each.

The new policy for dogs is going before the cabinet for approval, there were 8,000 respondents to consultation. The consultation looks to harmonise the policies throughout Dorset. There are no contentious changes.

To receive and consider apologies for absence.

Apologies were received from Cllr Wonnacott, Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk) and Dorset Councillor B Pipe.

To receive any declarations of interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.

There were none.

To receive and resolve to approve minutes of Council meetings held on 26 AUGUST

It was RESOLVED to approve these minutes as a true record of the meeting. The minutes will be forwarded to the Council Chairman for signature and returned to the Parish Clerk.

To receive and consider reports of past subject matters (for the purposes of report only).

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk. Italics below indicate additional comments made by members during the meeting.

  1. Minute 7.1, 26 February 2020 – Contact Santander to close the two dormant bank accounts. Deferred due to the current health crisis, i.e. (i) bank advisor availability, and (ii) the possibility that the accounts might be needed for some purpose during the crisis. It was RESOLVED to review this again at the end of the calendar year. DEFERRED until the November meeting.

ii. Minute 7.2, 26 February 2020 – PBS to lay 5 square metres of rubber flooring inside Rocket Park south side gateway to address worn, sharp concrete edge. It was reported at the August meeting that an area of rubber mulch had been installed inside the south side gateway. It was resolved to discharge this item, subject to Clerk’s review of the invoice. Poole Business Services have now advised that they have waived the invoice for this item. DISCHARGED

iii. Minute 11, 24June 2020 – Mr Trim, the Lees Estate, DC Environmental Health, Local residents and Parish and Dorset Council members to review what course of action could be taken to mitigate the effects of slurry application. DC Environmental Health had declined to take part in this proposed meeting, presumably because they consider they have no further comment to make to add to the extensive correspondence they have already had with all interested parties. Claire Lees had also declined as she felt that a long term solution was already in place and she had also referred to her land agent the matter of how the land is managed now. It was confirmed at the August meeting that the Parish Clerk should press ahead with setting up a meeting between Mr Trim, local residents and the Parish Council with the aim of holding an amicable discussion regarding no further spraying on growing crops. Despite two emails and a telephone call to Mr Trim no response was received. In a subsequent call by Cllr Bush, Mr Trim advised that he did not consider a meeting necessary. The local resident who had requested the council to arrange the meeting has been informed accordingly. DISCHARGED

iv. Minute 19, 22 July 2020 – future agenda item to develop a policy for memorial trees. Now the subject of a separate agenda item (#7 on the agenda for 23rd September). DISCHARGED

v. Minute 9, Extraordinary Council meeting 12 Aug 2020 – The Clerk was asked to reply to Huntick developers re suggested road names. Mr P Storey, has responded plied on behalf of the developers to confirm that they are happy with the suggested name “Rosalia” (i.e. now one name only). The developers have written to the relevant department at DC which manages the road naming process to request that the road is “Rosalia Meadow”. DISCHARGED

vi. Minute 6, Full Council meeting 26 Aug 2020 – to obtain cost for welding repair to upper car park gate. The Clerk emailed Cllr Cottman to request that he arrange for his welder contact to provide a price for this. To be carried forward and completed.

Chairman’s announcements (for the purposes of report only).

The Chairman reported on the following:

NALC have confirmed that remote meetings should continue for Parish Councils.

In preparation for the budget, summary WG plans with 3 year forecasts need to put together for November by the working groups. Each WG chair needs to provide input to that process.

There is a meeting with Dorset Countryside Rangers regarding Jubilee Walk and Church Walk with respect to the SLA on October 5th.

There is also a meeting with DC Highways/Helen Jackson on October 5th to determine progress with the High Street crossing, the school traffic issue and crossing and the Huntick Road cyclepath.

To CoNSIdER a proposed response to the government consultation on changes to the current planning system developed by cllrs bush and morgan

Part 1 of the consultation relates to changes to the current system. Responders are asked to comment on 4 key points, but the only issue relevant for LM is that of affordable housing. LM is not considered rural and could be very adversely affected if the minimum number requiring affordable housing incresase to 40 dwellings from 10. It was also suggested that eligibility should be tied to earnings and not market value. Cllrs Bush and Morgan will respond on LMPC’s behalf prior to October 1st. A copy will be sent to DAPTC.

Part 2 of the consultation relates to changes to the system.

Cllr Bush and Morgan will look at a response to Part 2 of the consultation which is commenting on the longer term changes, this is due for submission at the end of October.

to consider DRAFT AMENDMENT TO THE COUNCIL’s tree policy – to encompass a framework and principles for donated trees and trees planted in dedication

Cllr Carswell has carried out a comprehensive review of the tree policy and drafted the amendments. It was RESOLVED to approve the policy amendment subject to the typos being corrected.

To consider a report and recommendation concerning tenders for the recreation ground – eldons drove footpath

Cllr Morgan had circulated the report and plan in advance of the meeting. Three tenders had been sought; and the recommendation to the Council was that the Parish Council appoint Fletchamoore as the chosen contractor. Although slightly more expensive than one other tenderer, the timing was more appropriate. It was RESOLVED to approve Fletchamoore as the chosen contractor for the Eldons Drove Footpath.

to consider planning application 6/2020/0374 The cottage, foxhills road, lytchett matravers bh16 6bd sever plot and erect 2 detached houses with access & parking

Cllrs considered the planning application and gave their views which included comments on the driveway access to be taken from Landers Reach; that is to reverse the orientation of the proposed houses. There are no issues with the site size and the tree preservation order was likely to have been proposed when the site was first developed and should be adhered to. It was considered that if any of the trees should go, it should be the Leylandii. The oak tree should not be taken down. It was RESOLVED to object to this application with regard to the driveway access and tree preservation order. Cllr Bush will draft the response and send to the Parish Clerk for submission.

To receive and consider reports of the following Working Groups:

  1. Village Centre: Cllr Carswell reported that car park works are underway and should be completed around 2nd October. The signage may be temporary to start with. After this part has been finished the benches, bins and planting will need to be completed. Cllr Morgan reported that the gullies in the original car park had not been emptied out for many years and that needs to be put on a maintenance schedule for the future. The drainage has been rationalised due to access to the mains drain on the highway. The vehicle charging point cabinet will be fitted soon. A meeting is scheduled to take place with JoJu during week commencing 28th Sept to progress this aspect of the project.
  2. Library: Nothing further to report.
  3. Astro: Nothing further to report.
  4. Village Hall: The Village Hall is open again. Cllr Huggins had emailed the Chair of the VH Management committee about the bollards without success, so Cllr Webb agreed to resend the email address for her to Cllr Huggins.
  5. Huntick Rd Cycle Path: The requirement was included in the Purbeck Local Plan and this needs to be verified. The initial section of around 180m is part of the Wyatts/Morrish development and it was noted that Highways had included a recommendation to add a further 80m as part of the application Selbys Yard. Cllr Morgan suggested several options that could be discussed with highways. Cllr Morgan to put the proposals in writing ahead of the highways meeting.
  6. LM Charitable Trust: Cllr Bush explained that they are looking at how the sports club would benefit from this.
  7. Parish Council communications: Cllr Barker has scheduled a meeting with Mr Gracey for 2nd October to discuss some proposed changes to the website.
  8. Climate Emergency: Cllr Carswell reported that a meeting had taken place to discuss this last week and most of the information has been received from suppliers in order to apply for the 40% grant available from the scheme.
  9. Broadband provision improvements: The Chairman will speak with the landowner again to see if permission can be obtained regarding the revised route.
  10. Defibrillator project: The final defibrillator is still to be installed at the Aster housing premises by their engineers. It was reported that some signage is needed and that quotes have been shared with the Cllrs. The images were not clear enough for printing so will need to be redone – Cllr Cottman to send the photo to Cllr Carswell for editing. The defibrillators are currently monitored manually. Cllr Cottman indicated that he would get the codes to be able to get this done wirelessly. Cllr Bush will speak again to the Tesco shop manager about the broken perspex at the Tesco defibrillator.

To resolve to approve the following payments already made:

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
4356 T Watton Clerk’s salary – to replace failed Standing order for August salary. Office phone and Broadband July 2020 945.54 0.00 945.54
4357 BT Office phone and broadband 52.05 10.41 62.46
4358 Gould Groundworks Ltd Drainage work for rec car park 10,084.92 2016.98 12,101.90
4359 Fletchamoore (Poole) Ltd Invoices 101 Car park redesign – new parking area, bollards, cycles stands, channels, bund 10,000 2000 12,000
4360 Fletchamoore (Poole) Ltd Invoices 102 Car park redesign – form new access and east side path new parking area, bollards, cycles stands, channels, bund 10,000 2000 12,000

It was RESOLVED to approve the above payment already made.

To resolve to approve the following payments due:

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
4360 T Watton Clerk’s salary – Sept (12 equal monthly payments by SO) 945.34 0.00 945.34
4361 Dorset County Pension Fund LGPS pension contrib Sept 2020 373.14 0.00 373.14
4362 T Homer Handyman duties August 2020 441.00 0.00 441.00
T Homer Reimbursement for materials for installing litter bin – Rec 3.84 0.76 4.60
4363 Idverde Ltd Cemetery maintenance – August 20 303.49 60.70 364.19
4364 Idverde Ltd Grass cutting area adjacent to playing pitches 10 & 24 August 2020 48.00 9.60 57.60
4365 D & P Warr Ltd Hedge trimming – High St and Eldons Drove 80.00 16.00 96.00
4366 BCP Council Installation of bollards – upper car park 3437.00 687.40 4124.40
4367 BCP Council Wet pour repair for roundabout safety surface in Rocket Park 175.00 35.00 210.00
4368 BCP Council Grass cutting at Foxhills Open Space 2019/20

Play areas annual inspection 2019/20

2650.70 530.14 3180.84
4369 BCP Council Installation of Bow Top fencing at Rocket Park 5300.00 1060.00 6360.00
4370 T Watton Reimbursement of office expenses 65.60 13.12 78.72
4371 DAPTC Course fee – website accessibility 17.50 0.00 17.50
4372 SLCC Enterprises Ltd Conference fee 14.00 0.00 14.00
4373 HMRC PAYE / ENI quarter 2 2020/21 956.66 0.00 956.66
4374 A Huggins Reimbursement for purchase on behalf of the Council:

(i) Toughened glass for bus stop

(ii) Polycarbonate for phone box









4375 Dorset Council Fee for alterations to street light 12H38 in lower car park 450.83 90.17 541.00

It was RESOLVED to approve all of the above payments.

To note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month (for purposes of report only).

There were none.

To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents (fpor purposes of report only).


Correspondence (for purposes of report only).

None in addition to the emailed items forwarded during the month.

To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.

The next full council meeting is scheduled to take place online on Wednesday 28 October 2020 at 7pm.

The meeting closed at 20:30

Annotated by/on ……………………………..Signed by……………………

Full Council minutes 23 Sept 2020