Meeting of Full Council, Weds 28th June 2023 at 7.00 p.m. in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall.

PRESENT were A Bush (Council Chair), R Aspray, A Huggins (Council Vice-Chair), K Korenevsky, K Morgan, P Webb and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk / RFO).

Also present: Dorset Cllr A Starr and one member of the public.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION (Standing orders suspended)

A resident of Huntick Road had, in advance of the meeting, raised a number of questions about the public questionnaire / survey regarding the Council’s proposal for the cycleway. These were responded to by Cllr Huggins as follows:

Q1. When was this posted and how many people responded to this questionnaire?

A1 .May 2017 on the PC website, advertised through Primary school parentmail and Lytchett Minster School parent email. There were 228 responses

Q2. Of those who responded what percentage wanted a Huntick Road cycle way?

A2. 156 said they would use it more than the Stafford Row path, and 20 said they were equally as likely to use either. So 77% of responders said they would use it.

Q3. In relation to a cycle way, what is the minimum distance the side of the cycle way has to be from the edge of the road?

A3. Highways have a table: Varies between 50cm and 2m depending on Speed limit.

Q4. In relation to the cycle way what is the minimum width that is required by highways and planning approval for the cycle way?

A4. Highways have a table: Absolute minimum is 1.5m, they want 2.5 – 3m which we feel is excessive as usually most traffic will be one way.

Q5. In relation to point 4 if this is then a combined pedestrian and cycle way what are the minimum width requirements then required?

A5. We believe 3m is what highways want and that is what was specified at Huntick Green. We believe this to be excessive and unrealistic (due to space and cost) but the path on Gravel Hill by Poole Grammar is much narrower shared use (2m?) and more pragmatic. Also the path from Bakers Arms to Sandford is much narrower, but works.

Q6. Has the question been asked of adult cyclists that if such a cycle way was provided would they use it and how many have indicated that they would or just continue to cycle on Huntick Road.

A6. No. But as an adult cyclist I always use cyclepaths where they are available.

The same resident then asked about the application submitted to Dorset Council by Wilkes under application numberP/OUT/2023/01890 concerning “land to the south of the A31 Henbury Green Sturminster Marshall” [1]

It was noted that whilst a quite large number of “interest” organisations had been consulted, and many private residents of several adjacent communities have also responded, the formal consultation process followed by Dorset Council only includes the Parish Council in whose area the proposal is located – i.e. Sturminster Marshall. The Chair responded by saying that the Council would consider whether to submit views on the proposal.

The resident noted that the Council had begun to offer the opportunity for members of the public to request, in advance of a meeting, copies of reports related to particular agenda items. He wondered if the Council might consider publishing such reports at the same time as the agenda. The Chair responded by commenting that this is a very recent change which will be reviewed further in the light of demand, and the practicalities regarding the publication of such reports.


Although unable to be present, Dorset Cllr Alex Brenton produced a report which had been made available to members ahead of the meeting. Members noted its content, and a copy is associated at Appendix 1 to these minutes.

Prompted by the above report, Cllr Bush wondered what the total need was for affordable homes and how that would be organised. He also voiced concerns about the DC application process for 20mph limits in communities and wondered why Dorset Council appeared to have created such a difficult process – in contrast to many other principal authorities around the country. With regard to Lytchett Matravers Parish Council’s aim to apply, Cllr Webb suggested that it may be prudent to send a letter of intent to Dorset Council to at least signify to DC the Council’s strong interest in this initiative.

1. To receive and consider apologies for absence.

Cllrs V Abbott, M Attridge, B Barker, and H Khanna. Dorset Cllr A Brenton also sent her apologies.

2. To receive any declarations of interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.


3. To consider any applications for the casual vacancy on the Parish Council.

None received.

4. To receive and resolve to approve minutes of Council meeting held on 24th May 2023

It was RESOLVED to approve the minutes of the meeting as true record of it. They were duly signed by the Council Chair.

5. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters on the minutes of the Full Council meetings (for purposes of report only).

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk. Italics below indicate additional comments made during the meeting.

  1. Minute 17, Full Council 10th Aug 2022 – dog exercise area. Actions:

Removal of the bramble roots and re-seeding with grass. The Parish Clerk received an update on this from Mr Warr on 26th June. Although it had originally been arranged to carry out this work during week commencing 22nd May 2023, the ground conditions were considered unsuitable for seeding. Mr Warr has advised that since then it has continued to be very dry and therefore remains unsuitable conditions. However, he is continuing to monitor it and will carry this work out as soon as conditions are right.

  1. Minute 18, 22nd Feb 2023 – Parish Clerk to write to the Village Hall Management Committee with request for the replacement of the windows and frames in the Parish Council office. It was reported by the Clerk during the meeting on 24th May that the Chair of the Village Hall Committee had indicated their desire to accept a quote from the supplier / installer of the windows for the Youth Hall but, due to limited availability of funds, she had asked whether the Council might meet the cost initially and accept a part reimbursement from the Village Hall Committee. In response the Council members agreed to suggest to the VH Management Cttee that instead they may like to consider a grant request to the Council to support this. As a result the Parish Clerk wrote to the VH Management Cttee making that suggestion and enclosing a copy of the Grant Application Form. A response to this (i.e. return of completed form) is awaited.
  2. Minute 20.1, 22nd Feb 2023 – communication of outcome of grant request and the confirmation of Council responsibility for churchyard maintenance including the boundary wall. The Parish Clerk had written to the PCC; and also suggested that they may wish to seek additional quotes from providers approved by the diocese. A response from Rev. Partridge thanked the Council for this and confirming that they will seek the additional quotes. In the meantime a “Churchyard Maintenance policy” was prepared and approved by the Parish Council at its March 2023 meeting. ON HOLD – awaiting quotes for the required work on the boundary wall.
  3. Minute 25, 22nd Feb 2023 – offer from a mobile catering company to operate from the High St Car Park on Saturday mornings / Cllr Bush to speak to the Football Club about this. At the meeting on 24th May 2023 the Council Chair summarised the situation so far – highlighting that whilst the Football Club had indicated their intention to extend their service to an offering to the wider public, nothing had really changed – so the general public remain largely unaware of any opportunity. The Parish Clerk reported back at the F&GP Cttee meeting on 14th June (see minute 21) confirming the details of the service offering and that the organisation was the same group of people who provided the service at the Coronation celebration event locally. At the June F&GP Cttee meeting it was agreed to offer this company a 3 month trial licence at an admin fee of £50. The Parish Clerk has written to the company accordingly and a response is awaited.
  4. Minutes 3, 4 and 5, Extraordinary Full Council meeting, 12th April 2023 – Opening of Lloyds bank account. The progression of Lloyds Bank account opening was the subject of the Extraordinary Council meeting at Full Council meeting on 26th April 2023. The Lloyds application process required submission of evidence of the declaration, plus a signed copy of the minutes. This final part of the submission was posted to Lloyds on Thursday 27th April. A response from Lloyds is now awaited. Each signatory should be contacted directly by Lloyds with their log-in details. It is understood that the account opening process can take up to 6 weeks. Awaiting finalisation by Lloyds.
  5. Minute 6, Extraordinary Full Council meeting, 12th April 2023 – to open bank account with The Charity Bank. The Clerk has now obtained the details of this bank’s Easy Access Savings Account (Business version, as advised by the Charity Bank’s Customer Support team), plus a hard copy of the application form and Terms of Business. These are currently being examined with a view to putting forward a proposal to the June F&GP meeting to enable approval at Full Council and completion of the application form for submission by the end of June 2023.Consideration of a F&GP Cttee recommendation on this is included on the agenda of Full Council meeting of 28th June.
  6. Minute 18, 22 March 2023 – mandate for inactive Santander accounts. The Clerk has called Santander to discuss this. The process for updating the mandate involves the completion of a Change of Details form – which is now held by the Clerk. This will need to be supported by a copy of a Council minute listing the signatories to be removed (Keith Norris, Julie Dyball, Robin Miller, Maureen Munford and Dennis Gillard) and the new signatories to be added (still to be agreed). This will also need to be accompanied by a letter from the Council signed by the Chair, Vice Chair and Clerk also listing the signatories to be removed and added. Consequently a proposal for a suitable minute has been prepared ready for inclusion on the June F&GP Cttee meeting ready for final approval at the Full Council meeting on 28th June. Consideration of a F&GP Cttee recommendation on this is included on the agenda of Full Council meeting of 28th June.
  7. Minute 14, 26 April 2023 – request from a local resident for parking restrictions to be introduced on Deans Drove (emailed to all members at 16:56 on 12th April 2023). At the Full Council meeting on 26th April 2023 the Parish Clerk was asked to respond to DC Parking Officer Marion Fisher to advise that the Council felt it more prudent to see and consider the full impact of the introduction of the planned Wareham Rd school crossing before considering the matter of any parking restrictions on Deans Drove – or indeed on any adjacent roads. This is because it is expected that the crossing will affect the wider dynamic. This stance is consistent with the advice from DC Officer Andrew Bradley. A response to the above effect was sent to DC Officer Marion Fisher on 18th May. DISCHARGED
  8. Minute 16, 26 April 2023 – to provide a mobile phone for the use of the Parish Clerk on Council business in support of remote working. The Parish Clerk followed up on a mobile phone deal with Tesco Mobile identified by Cllr Huggins. However following two lengthy calls with Tesco mobile, plus a visit to their phone shop, Tesco were unable to successfully progress the request in a way which treats the Parish Council as the customer. ON HOLD – This matter will be picked up again when time permits.
  9. Minute 11, 24 May 2023 – to obtain like for like quotes for Council Insurance for comparison purposes ahead of renewal decision. The Parish Clerk approached three companies, the results were reported back to Council members, and a decision was made to switch the policy from Zurich Municipal to BHIB Insurance – on grounds of better value for money. DISCHARGED
  10. Minute 19, 24 May 2023 – Council meeting process improved transparency: (a) Parish Clerk to include a statement on all future agendas indicating the availability of reports to the public, on request from the Clerk; and (b) Parish Clerk to arrange for Dorset Cllrs to have access to the Dropbox folder. These matters have been completed with effect from the F&GP Cttee meeting on 14th June. DISCHARGED

With regards to the process for capturing points to be included in the above list, the Council Chair explained the importance of explicitly identifying action items arising from discussion of agenda matters – so that they are formally captured as such in the minutes. This will ensure they are then subsequently picked up in the list for report back at subsequent meetings.

6. Chair’s announcements (for the purposes of report only).

There were none.

7. To receive and note the content of the minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee Meeting on 14th June 2023 (for purposes of report only)

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of these draft minutes.

8. To consider the following recommendations from the F&GP Cttee meeting on 14th June 2023

(i) The removal from the banking mandate the following signatories to the Council’s accounts with Santander Bank PLC:

A/c 08728307 Julie Kate Dyball, Keith A Norris, Maureen Catherine Munford and Robin Miller.

A/C 69722287 Julie Kate Dyball, Keith A Norris, Maureen Catherine Munford, Robin Miller and Dennis Gillard. RESOLVED to APPROVE

Also the addition to the banking mandate of the following new signatories: Ken Morgan, Andrew Huggins, Micki Attridge, and Karen Korenevsky. RESOLVED to APPROVE

(ii) The following signatories to the banking mandate for a new account to be opened with The Charity Bank: Ken Morgan, Andrew Huggins, Micki Attridge, and Karen Korenevsky. RESOLVED to APPROVE.

(iii) To confirm Council compliance with each of the statements listed in section 1 (the Annual Governance Statement) of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) for the year ending 31 March 2023, as included at appendix 2 to the F&GP Cttee minutes. RESOLVED to APPROVE.

(iv) To confirm acceptance of the accounting statements in Section 2 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) for the year ending 31st Mar 2023, as included at appendix 3 to the F&GP Cttee minutes. RESOLVED to APPROVE.

9. To receive a report from the Village Environment Working Group (for purposes of report only)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 2 to these minutes.

With regard to maintenance of the surface of the Rocket Park children’s play area, Cllr Huggins drew members’ attention to the option of getting a contractor to deliver and then spread bark chippings. However he pointed out the need to do this during the summer or early autumn period before the ground becomes boggy.

Cllr Morgan sought to clarify the Council’s opinion on the possibility of a restriction, such as a kissing gate or chicane, at each end of Jubilee Walk to prevent access for cycles and horses. Action: Parish Clerk to ask Katie Black, DC Ranger, what restrictions there are on Jubilee walk.

10. To receive a report from the Highways Working Group (for purposes of report only)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting. A copy of the report is associated at Appendix 3 to these minutes.

Cllr Huggins drew all members’ attention to the news that DC Highways had advised of their decision to install a zebra crossing adjacent to the primary school, subject to public consultation. The related changes will include closing / straightening the layby, relocating the bus shelter, and withdrawing the crossing patrol. On the latter point, attention was drawn to correspondence from Rob Camp, DC Road Safety Manager concerning options for the future of the crossing patrol – on which he is seeking comment from the Council on its intentions.

Some discussion took place concerning the approach to communication to residents of the matters related to the Wareham Rd crossing, including the forthcoming consultation; and also of the responses to Dorset Council. Cllr Huggins agreed to prepare a draft response to DC covering these points.

11. Receive a report from the Neighbourhood Plan 2 Working Group (for purposes of report only).

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting. A copy of the report is associated at Appendix 4 to these minutes.

Cllr Bush drew particular attention to the item in the report which states that local residents have managed to apply a group TPO to the tree valley between Deans Drove and Glebe Road, essentially an extension of the Foxhills valley. The consequence is that this effectively adds an impediment for the development of that valley proposed by DLP. He wondered whether there might be other locations around the village where it may be prudent to apply for protective TPOS.

12. To receive a report from the Lytchett Matravers Youth Hall Working Group (for purposes of report only).

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 5 to these minutes.

Cllr Morgen remarked that it had been hoped that the internal phase 1 works would have started in June, however there had been some delays with the selected contractor which meant that detailed costings, and firm start and finish dates, were still awaited. Consequently it had been recognised that it would be advantageous to review with the other two contractors who had tendered for the work what their availability (and any price updating) might be to undertake the work after all – to then review at the next F&GP Cttee meeting.

13. To consider the Council’s response to a replacement Dog related Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) proposed by Dorset Council.

The majority of Council members supported this (one abstention). Action: Parish Clerk to complete a corporate response on behalf of the Council supporting the continuation of the current PSPO.

Members were encouraged to also complete the consultation as individuals.

14. To consider the opportunity to contribute to the planning appeal APP/D1265/W/23/3316590] related to refused application 6/2021/0376 27 Huntick Estate Lytchett Matravers Dorset BH16 6EB. Sever land and erect a detached dwelling with parking.

Recognising that the Council had clearly stated its views on the original application it was felt that there was nothing to be gained by making any further statement to add to this at the appeal.

15. To consider a request form the Scouts to place a skip temporarily near the Scout hut for 1 day to collect donations of scrap metal.

Unanimously APPROVED. This is due to take place on Saturday 15th July 2023. Cllr Morgan indicated that he would advise the Scouts accordingly.

16. To consider a quote for supply and installation, by a Wessex Water approved contractor, of pipe interrupters on 6 x taps at the allotments – to address the water supply safety compliance issue identified by WW.

The details of this were provided to members in a report in advance of the meeting, and the expenditure APPROVED to go ahead to enable compliance with the Wessex Water requirements to protect the public water supply from risk of possible contamination.

17. To receive and note the response from the Council’s insurers on Guerrilla Gardeners’ preference to use their own tools.

It was confirmed that BHIB Insurance had advised in writing on 27th June 2023 that it would be acceptable for the Guerrilla Gardeners’ to use their own tools, provided all such “tools/equipment is risk assessed, in working order and fit for purpose”.

18. To resolve to approve the following payments already made:

To Whom For What Net VAT Total
British Telecom Office phone and broadband – May 2023 55.98 11.19 67.17
HSBC Bank charges A/c ****2437 5.00 0.00 5.00

It was RESOLVED to approve the above payments already made.

19. To resolve to approve the following payments due:

To Whom For What Net VAT Total
T Watton Clerk’s salary – June 2023. 1139.00 0.00 1139.00
HMRC PAYE & ENI – June 2023. 388.55 0.00 388.55
Dorset County Pension Fund LGPS pension contrib June 2023 420.13 0.00 420.13
T Homer Handyman duties, May 2023 343.86 0.00 343.86
Idverde Ltd Cemetery maintenance June 2023 Inv no xxxxxxxx TBA TBA TBA
Idverde Ltd Grass cutting southern end of rec x 4 (26/04, 03/05, 11/05, 25/05), plus 1 cut of rec field prior to coronation event.

Inv no 10882792



48.06 288.34
C Cook Refund of allotment deposit, plot 2 35.00 0.00 35.00
Dorset Council Fee for waste service for coronation event 144.13 0.00 144.13
BHIB Ltd Insurance premium, admin fee and IPT 2131.31 0.00 2131.31
Newlec electrical contractors Ltd Installation of additional timer control at Lytchett Astro and resetting keypad 175.00 35.00 210.00
D Ball Supply and fit newtap at upper allotment field in Feb 2023 (tap failure) 30.48 0.00 30.48
Darkin Miller Ltd Annual Internal Audit YE 2022/23 468.95 93.79 562.74
Water2Business Allotment water supply 3/12/2022-15/06/2023 (103cubic metres + standing charges) 254.79 0.00 254.79
Water2Business Youth Hall water supply 12/01/2023-13/06/2023 (0 cubic metres…standing charges only) 55.45 0.00 55.45

It was RESOLVED to approve all of the above payments – with the exception of the cemetery maintenance payment to Idverde for which the invoice was still awaited.

20. To note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month (for purposes of report only).


21. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents (for purposes of report only).


22. To note correspondence received (for purposes of report only).

The Council members considered the correspondence referring to the Wilkes planning application for the service area on the A31 (P/OUT/2023/01890). The general opinion was not to submit a response as a Parish Council.

Cllr Bush reported that the in liaison with the football club it had been decided that their tournament in 2024 will take place after the date of the D Day anniversary. They had also corresponded about the planned storage area.

Cllr Korenevsky referred to correspondence from a resident asking about the installation of a drinking fountain. Cllr Morgan indicated that this could be included in the design to be included alongside the sports club storage area.

Cllr Aspray referred to correspondence he had carried out with Stonewater regarding the development on the former Wessex Water land at the reservoir. He had also met Frys Close residents affected by the water run off problem. A series of investigations are now being carried out including examination of pre and post land levels. The matter of land ownership is also being examined. In the meantime it has been suggested that the residents concerned check their property deeds.

Cllr Aspray also referred to correspondence with DC planning over the matter of the enforcement on the land adjacent to the water tower. An investigation I to be held into exactly what the potential planning breaches are.

The meeting closed at 21:05 Annotated by/on ……………………………..Signed by……………………



Report by Dorset Cllr Alex Brenton – June 2023

Children’s activities over the summer Children aged 4-11 have an opportunity to get involved in this year’s Summer Reading Challenge! This year’s challenge, brought to you by Dorset Council’s library service, is starting on the 1 July 2023.

This year it is all about the power of sports and games. Children can take part in the challenge, with books from Dorset Libraries and online via the challenge website. This will encourage children to keep their minds and bodies active over the summer break.

The challenge characters – brought to life from children’s imagination by a children’s author and illustrator, Loretta Schauer – will navigate their way through a fictional summer obstacle course tracking their reading as they go, getting rewarded by free incentives including stickers.

Activity challenge cards from the Youth Sport Trust, and an exciting, themed book collection, the Summer Reading Challenge, aims to keep children’s imaginations growing over the school holidays. By joining the challenge at Dorset Libraries, young children will have the opportunity to explore new and exciting reading material, develop skills and discover new interests.

The Summer Reading Challenge has been active since 1999, helping improve children’s reading skills and boosting confidence over the summer holidays, ensuring they are ready for the new school year to start. With the help of local libraries, this challenge is accessible to all and provides a fun, free activity for children.

Affordable homes A total of 664 affordable homes were built in the last financial year.

Record numbers of affordable homes have been built for Dorset residents in the last financial year as we respond to the huge need for affordable housing.

Working with Registered Provider Housing Associations, a total of 664 new affordable homes, including a range of tenures, such as rented and shared ownership, including houses for local, key workers, were built by Housing Associations, or acquired by the council in the year to March 2023.

This is the highest figure since the unitary authority was created in 2019 and represents a risen of 135 additional houses and flats compared with the 529 created in the year to March 2022. In the year to March 2021, just 301 new affordable homes were built.

Councillor Graham Carr-Jones, lead member for Housing, said he was pleased with the progress being made in providing new houses across the Dorset Council area, but recognised the huge demand in the light of current challenges.

“Rents and costs have risen steeply in the past year, which is why it is so vital that we continue to provide the right kind of affordable housing in the right place and at the right time. Affordable housing makes such a difference to so many people’s lives.

“Our Council team and Housing Associations are doing a brilliant job in getting so many homes built during these difficult times. They are continuing to look for new sites across Dorset to meet increasing demands.

“The additional homes enable the council to respond to pressures relating to homelessness, as well as providing support for people on the housing register list.”

Most of the 664 affordable homes receive financial support from Homes England and are built by Housing Associations, such as Magna, Abri, Sovereign, Aster, East Boro, Stonewater and Hastoe.

Some of the properties are where the council has used grants and capital resources to acquire and bring empty properties back to use, such as the grade two listed building in West Street, Blandford Forum, which recently won a prestigious national innovation award.

Community groups have also come together to form Community Land Trusts to work with registered providers to provide affordable homes for local residents in villages, such as Drimpton, near Beaminster.

20 is Plenty campaign Five town and parish councils in the Dorset Council area are closer to implementing new 20mph speed limits and zones.

Since the council launched its new scheme in November 2022, 8 applications have been considered by the council’s new 20mph Panel Group.

The successful applications are in:Bridport town centre, Langton Matravers, Wimborne town centre, Winfrith Newburgh, and Pimperne

The applications are now being assessed for funding. They will then go through a Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) public consultation where residents can give their comments, support, or object to the proposals.

When we have been out in Upton we had many comments about the speed of traffic on Moorland way particularly because of more heavy traffic of lorries going to the Sewage Treatment plant. Is a 20 mph limit for Moorland Way a campaign the UTC would start?

Children on Bikes The skill level of cyclists is often commented on and the apparent lack of knowledge of the Highways code among young cyclists so I would like to encourage our schools to take part in Bikeability.

This is a national cycle training programme that equips children with the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding to cycle safely on roads. It also gives confidence for cycling in the future.

Instructors deliver the training at schools and nominated centres on behalf of Dorset Council. At the end of the course, participants will receive a certificate and badge for the Bikeability Level they have completed.

Maintenance of verges and footpaths is often commented on. The pavement along Dorchester road in Lytchett Minster has got overgrown, and is hard to use in a wheelchair leading to people being on the road. I have flagged that up with the footpath and countryide team. Complaints about verge cutting continue , the difference between rural lanes and semiurban areas is not always understood.

The A350 around Limberlost was scruffy, road markings worn away and road signs obscured by vegetation, I have flagged that up and have assurances that it will be followed up.

Planning matters. I have spent much of my Council time dealing with planning matters, there are many applications for solar farms, and concerning issues with developers and home owners wanting to remove bigger trees and replant with new small trees, despite the large mature trees being massively more useful for carbon sequestration and biodiversity. There is however increasing public awareness of this and more applications for TPOs are coming in.

Household support fund. Applications for Round 4 of the Household Support Fund (HSF) opened on 6 June 2023 for low-income households in the Dorset Council area. However the demand can outstrip the funds available almost immediately indicating there are still a lot of household in financial difficulties.

The support was in the form of supermarket vouchers. Citizens Advice will be allocating this fund on behalf of Dorset Council and vouchers will be issued to residents who meet the eligibility criteria within 6 – 8 weeks.

Dorset Council households will be able to apply if they have:

o an annual household net income of less than £30,000 and

o savings of less than £16,000 and

o not applied for a previous HSF payment within the last 6 months

Calculations for the annual net income should not include Personal Independence Payments, Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance, Carers Allowance or Child Benefit. Applications are limited to one per household.

Awareness of disturbance to wildlife and Countryside. Shaun the Sheep was revealed at the end of May as the new champion of Natural England’s Countryside Code. “A new baa-rilliant campaign with Aardman will see the popular animated character encourage children and young people to “respect, protect and enjoy” the countryside. From Mossy Bottom farm, Shaun and friends will follow the Countryside Code and show children how to care for nature, follow signs and share the space with others.” Shaun the Sheep and the Countryside Code – National Trails

The new Marine and Coastal Wildlife Code is now available – it reflects visitors to the coast may encounter lots of different wildlife and there is specific advice on minimising 2 disturbance. Information about seabirds, mammals and other aquatic species; breeding, moulting and wintering periods; water-based activities and reporting dead or injured seabirds or marine animals is included in the new code – Marine and coastal wildlife code: advice for visitors – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)


Village Environment Working Group – Summary Report. June 2023

Working Group Objective:

• Development and improvement of village amenities, principally within PC control

• Particular focus on Recreation Ground + Library Green areas

Working Group Participants:

Ken Morgan, Alf Bush, Andrew Huggins, Karen Korenevsky, Vicky Abbot, Hannah Khanna

· Details: (Presented in PC’s preferred priority order) .(Hannams gateway, pond restoration, storage area between sports pavilion and Scout Hut, boules, table tennis, Rocket Park), footpath improvements

1. Hannams Close entrance enhancement. Bench in position. Discuss with management company.

2. Sports/Scout Bldgs High St frontage – Enclosed Stores + Outdoor Table Tennis. Design to be agreed.

3. Pond –J.K now eliminated.

4. Boules/Petanque Pitches – Layout/positions agreed.

5. Village Notice Board Replacement – Consider location/design

6. Rocket Park – Surface – Continue with bark or replace with rubber compound – whole or part?

7. Finger Post Renovations – Progress on Upper X with discounted parts available. Assemble volunteer team for training + seek sponsorship.

8. Dog Area – additional planting required – Autumn planting preferred.

9. Jubilee Walk – restriction required at Huntick Road end?


Hannams Close Management. Sports/Football Club.

Status/Next Steps:

· Agree design for Sports Pav/Scout Hut/PC stores.

· Boules/Petanque Pitches + Pond + Hannams Gate – Develop designs and invite tenders.

· Agree design for Notice Board replacement

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2023-24 2024-25 2025-26
Expense to date
Forecast Sp/Pav Stores 40

Table Tennis 8

Hannams Gate 5

Pond 15

Notice Board 5

Contingencies 20

Rocket Park Surface 80

Fingerposts 5

Contingencies 30

Total 93 115 ?


Highways Working Group – Summary Report

June 2023

Working Group Objective:

Review of all Highways related projects and establishing close liaison with Dorset Council Highways.

Working Group Participants:

Andrew Huggins, Ken Morgan, Alf Bush, Peter Webb, Beverly Barker, Rob Aspray


PC projects that require Dorset Council Highways interaction and agreement. To set up a more formal working arrangement with DC Highways to progress those projects.


DC Highways approval and partial funding

Project Details:

1. School Crossing – application made. Liaise with GDH on next steps (consultation, etc.)

2. Huntick Road Cycleway – obtain approval for next section from Rozalia Meadows to Jubilee Walk

3. High Street Crossing – apply for permission to install

4. Tesco Island – Create formal notice to Tesco of intentions with DCH approval

5. 20 MPH Zones – Apply for central village area to be set to 20 mph.

6. Drop crossings.

Status / Next steps:

1. School Crossing – Highways have been given the green light to proceed with the Zebra crossing proposal, subject to various checks, audits, orders, etc. Probably Easter 2024 for installation.

2. Huntick Road Cycleway – apply for approval for next section – Rozalia Meadows to Jubilee Walk

3. High Street Crossing – apply for permission to install as a ‘place’ project.

4. Tesco Island – Create formal notice to Tesco of intentions with DCH approval.

5. 20 MPH Zones – Apply for central village area to be set to 20 mph.

6. Drop kerbs

Financial Forecast:

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2023-24 2024-25 2025-26
Expense to date
Forecast 2551 802 1,0003
Total 255 80 1,000


1. School crossing – 100, High St crossing 75, 20MPH – 30, Drop kerbs – 15, Huntick cycleway stage 2 – 35

2. Tesco forecourt – 80

3. Huntick cycleway stage 3 – 1,000




Neighbourhood Plan 2 Working Group – Summary Report

June 2023

Working Group Objective:

To renew the Lytchett Matravers Neighbourhood Plan (LMNP) in readiness for the Dorset Local Plan.

Working Group Participants:

Alf Bush (Chair), Ken Morgan, Micki Attridge, Karen Korenevsky, Peter Webb, Ian Taylor


The current NP1 was limited in scope by Purbeck District Council and further by the examiner. The plan was prevented from identifying any type of development and in addition many policies/strategies for the community were removed. e.g. infrastructure and employment requirements. A renewed plan is required to address the chronic erosion of the green belt over the last 40 years, to ensure development is beneficial to the community in addressing its needs. i.e. sustainability, CCE net zero, design standards, local employment, community infrastructure and amenities.


· PLP2 adoption – delayed due to need for new hearing on Morden Park (July 2022)

· Judicial review approach

· DLP next consultancy stage

Status/Next Steps:

1. Local residents have managed to apply TPO to the tree valley between Deans Drove and Glebe Road, essentially an extension of the Foxhills valley. This will add as an impediment for the development of that valley proposed by DLP.

2. Look for other TPO opportunities

3. Update action plan in line with ongoing dialogue between DC Planning and PLP2 Examiners

4. Follow up with Wessex Water on wetlands and Natural England nitrates/phosphates

5. Continue work on draft NP2 policies

6. Work with CAN/CPRE on DLP issues

7. Follow up with DC on government reply to DLP delay letter

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2023-24 2024-25 2025-26
Expense to date
Forecast 10
Total 10




LM Youth Hall Working Group – Summary Report. June 2023

Working Group Objective:

To review the status & condition of the Youth Hall and set out new business plan for use.

Working Group Participants:

Beverly Barker, Ken Morgan, Chris Wilson, Alf Bush


LMPC are the owner of the Youth Hall (LMYH) building. It sits on land leased from DC until December 19, 2056. LMPC is in discussion with DC regarding the transfer of the land to LMPC. This was initially approved by DCC on December 6, 2017 but the new DC administration requires the application to be resubmitted.

The Lighthouse Church had a tenancy agreement on the LMYH which ended on June 30, 2022. LMPC intends to use the building primarily for youth purposes but will be renovated to be a multi-purpose public community space.


(list any dependencies, external requirements)

Status / Next Steps:

The required programme of renovation is divided into two stages:

Stage 1 – Getting the building back into use with a solid business plan.

Stage 2 – Renovating the building to ensures sustainability and energy efficiency

Stage 1 status:

· Replacement windows and external doors: new windows fitted throughout. Replacement external doors awaiting completion of other internal work as dependent on new floor levels.

· Internal work: improved amenities and accessibility with new toilets, kitchen, office/meeting room and store room. Installing wall insulation to front section, LED lighting and floor insulation to improve heat efficiency. Statement of work available on request. This included a full set of latest design drawings and complete list of job specifications, with particular note of the asbestos risk and all H&S requirements.

· Builders: Fairways appointed following LMPC three quote procedure. Detailed briefing undertaking in April. Tentative start of main building work – mid July 2023

· Building Regulation agencies: 3 quotes obtained. JHAI approved at May Full Council meeting.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2023-24 2024-25 2025-26
Expense to date 10
Forecast 50 75
Total 60 75


(list of attached appendices)

Full Minutes 230628v2.docx

Full Council minutes 28th June 2023