In its latest update, Dorset Council has said it will be resuming kerbside garden waster collections from Monday 27th April.
The service was suspended to reassign garden waste collection crews to regular food, rubbish and recycling collections for anticipated absence of usual crews due to Coronavirus. But, expected absences has stabilised across the workforce, waste services have been reprioritised and workers from other Dorset Council teams have been trained to support kerbside collections if necessary. This means garden waste collection crews can return to their usual roles.
But the Council note:
- From 27 April, Garden Waste customers should resume putting their bin out on their usual collection day
- We will only collect from garden waste bins that are not overfilled. We will not collect extra garden waste in boxes or bags next to bins. If you have any excess waste, please save it for another collection day
- Like all other kerbside collections, we will not return to empty missed garden waste bins at this time
- Customers will be offered a discounted rate for their 2021/22 Garden Waste service subscription to compensate for the two missed collections and will be written to in due course
- We are still not taking new subscriptions to the service. We will make an announcement when we are ready to accept new subscriptions
- Any Garden Waste customers who cancelled their annual Direct Debit prior to payment being taken on 1 April 2020 are no longer active customers and won’t have their collections resumed. They will need to renew their service to receive any future collections.
For the full details, see their update here.
Garden waste kerbside collections to resume from Monday 27th April