Working Group Objectives:
Review of all Highways related projects and establishing close liaison with Dorset Council Highways.
Working Group Participants:
Andrew Huggins (Chair), Ken Morgan, Alf Bush, Peter Webb, Beverly Barker, Rob Aspray
DC Highways approval and partial funding
- School Crossing – Highways have been given the green light to proceed with the Zebra crossing proposal, subject to various checks, audits, orders, etc. Probably Easter 2024 for installation.
- Huntick Road Cycleway – apply for approval for next section – Rozalia Meadows to Jubilee Walk
- High Street Crossing – apply for permission to install as a ‘place’ project.
- Tesco Island – Create formal notice to Tesco of intentions with DCH approval.
- 20 MPH Zones – Apply for central village area to be set to 20 mph.
- Drop kerbs
(£000’s, excluding VAT)
|Expense to date|
- School crossing – 100,000, High St crossing 75,000, 20MPH – 30,000, Drop kerbs – 15,000, Huntick cycleway stage 2 – 35,000
- Tesco forecourt – 80,000
- Huntick cycleway stage 3 – 1,000,000
Highways Working Group June 23 Update