Working Group Participants:
Beverly Barker (Chair), Ken Morgan, Chris Wilson, Alf Bush
Current WG Objectives:
- To review the status & condition of the Youth Hall
- To commission required building work to bring the YH back into full use for principally youth activities
- To set out a new business plan for use
Stage 2 development is dependent upon receiving grants and funding to support full renovation
Condition report: identified severe degeneration of walls, windows and internal facilities with water and weed ingress into the building. As a result the required programme of renovation is divided into two stages:
- Stage 1 2023-24: Getting the building back into use with a solid business plan.
- Stage 2 2024-25: Renovating the building to ensures sustainability and energy efficiency
Stage 1 – status:
- Replacement windows and external doors: new windows fitted throughout. Replacement external doors awaiting completion of other internal work as dependent on new floor levels.
- Internal work: improved amenities and accessibility with new toilets, kitchen, office/meeting room and store room. Installing wall insulation to front section, LED lighting and floor insulation to improve heat efficiency. Statement of work available on request. This included a full set of latest design drawings and complete list of job specifications, with particular note of the asbestos risk and all H&S requirements.
- Builders: Fairways appointed following LMPC three quote procedure. Detailed briefing undertaking in April. Tentative start of main building work – mid July 2023
- Building Regulation agencies: 3 quotes obtained. JHAI approved at May Full Council meeting.
(£000’s, excluding VAT)
|Expense to date||10|