In a news post on Dorset Council’s website, Dorset Council make it clear that Household Recycling Centres (or “the tip”) will remain open (between 10am to 4pm daily) during this second lockdown:
All 10 of Dorset Council’s Household Recycling Centres (HRCs, or “the tip”) will remain open daily during the latest lockdown period, but restrictions will apply on site.
However, you should note, due to the latest governments restrictions:
- You should avoid taking waste to the tip if it can be stored safety at home and no alternative disposal options are available – i.e. store at home or use the kerbside services where you can
- You should expect queues due to social distancing measures limiting the number of people on-site and reduced parking bays
- Re-use areas will be closed
- Site staff are unable to assist with carrying items
- You will need to comply with social distancing rules and wash your hands before and after your visit
The article goes on to say
We are urging everyone to ask themselves if their “trip to the tip” is necessary now. Please consider whether popping into a HRC on your way to the shops to drop off a single bag of garden or household waste is a responsible use of the service and your time. If you can keep your waste at home without it causing risk of injury, health or harm, please do so until restrictions are relaxed once again.