FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE of Lytchett Matravers Parish Council
Meeting to be held on Monday, October 9th 2017, at 7.00 p.m. in the Methodist Church, Wareham Rd, Lytchett Matravers
PRESENT: Cllrs K Norris, M Colvey, C Wood, and the Parish Clerk (Mr T Watton).
Public participation. There was none
1. 1. APOLOGIES. Cllr B Barker, A Bush, P Webb.
2. 2. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.
There were none.
3. 3. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee meeting held on 14th August 2017. These were ACCEPTED as a true record and signed by the Committee Chairman.
4. 4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters. The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report:
i. Minute 12, 6th June 2011. Security of council papers & records. It was noted that one Council minute book is still with Cllr Bush, who is currently making an electronic copy. Carried forward.
ii. Minute 7, 14th Aug 2017. Meeting with Alan Davies, PDC Planning. A date for this was rearranged and the meeting held, as reported at the last Full Council meeting.Cllr Wood indicated that she would provide a report to Full Council of the key points from this meeting.
iii. Minute 10, 14th August 2017. Top-up of the Council’s investment with Prudential. This was agreed at full Council and the clerk contacted Mr Pincott to arrange. He has forwarded the application form for signature and return. A refreshed authorised signatories list is also required to be completed and returned with the application and cheque. Action: All council members who are signatories are required to sign this before it can be returned and the application progressed.
5. 5. To receive and note report of latest 2017/18 bank reconciliation and accounts.
This statement was circulated to members separately. Members noted that the error leading to the discrepancy reported at the June meeting was rectified as reported at the August meeting and this was then verified in an internal audit carried out by Pam White during Aug/Sept. It was RESOLVED to receive and note the content. The supporting bank statements were examined and signed by members of the F&P committee to confirm matching with the Bank Reconciliation report. A copy of the bank reconciliation statement is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes.
6. 6. To consider a proposal to write off Sports Club currently outstanding debt for Lytchett Astro repairs (see email circulated by Parish Clerk on 16th August 2017). This had been approved at Full Council in September, subject to confirmation that the Sports Club will take on the annual maintenance contract for the Lytchett Astro pitch with effect from the renewal date in December. This item therefore refers to that confirmation aspect only. As Cllr Bush was not present and therefore was unable to confirm this the matter was CARRIED FORWARD.
7. 7. To receive and note approval of the 2016-17 Annual Return to the external auditors. It was RESOLVED to note that the annual return has been approved and signed by the external auditors. One minor comment was made during the process, which was corrected when initially raised by BDO (as reported to the August meeting of the F&P Cttee). This has been noted by BDO on the completed Annual Return form as advice for future reference. It was further RESOLVED to accept the auditor’s report and the completed Annual Return process for 2016/17.
8. 8. receive and consider a review of alternative providers of telephone and broadband suppliers for the Parish Office.It was noted that it had been previously resolved that Cllr Barker would look into this and report back. However it was also noted that this may be affected by proposed move of meetings back to the Village Hall. In the circumstances it was RESOLVED to look at this issue again at a later date.
9. 9. To note correspondence received. Cllr Colvey commented on correspondence dealt with by himself & the Parish Clerk with a resident living near to the Club Hall and concerning its current and future usage. This culminated with a meeting between Cllr Colvey and the resident during which the issues and the resident’s concerns were amicably discussed.
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 20:45
Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………