Lytchett Matravers Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting on Thursday 2nd October 2014 in the Sports Club Pavilion, High St Car Park, Lytchett Matravers at 7:00 pm.
PRESENT were: Cllr C Wood, R Carswell, J Taylor, E Wilson and Mr T Watton, Parish Clerk.
Six members of the public were also present.
1. APOLOGIES: Cllrs A Huggins and P Webb
2. DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY INTEREST: Cllr Carswell declared a pecuniary interest in item 9. Consequently he left the meeting during the discussion of that item.
3. Public participation (standing orders suspended). Members of the public had noted that there has been some recent discussion between the Parish Council and Wessex water regarding the reservoir site. Consequently, they asked for a clarification of what had been discussed. This was provided by Cllr Wood, who explained that the council had responded to the opportunity to enter into discussion which might help to influence the type of proposal which is eventually put forward. She stressed that an initial proposal had been rejected by PDC and nothing further had yet been put forward. She also encouraged interested residents to join the Neighbourhood Planning Group.
Mr & Mrs Carswell outlined their proposal (item 9 below). He also responded to Council questions regarding concerns expressed in a letter of objection from a resident of Foxhills Crescent which had accompanied a petition containing 14 signatures of residents of Foxhills Crescent.
4. Minutes of meeting held on Monday 21st July 2014 were unanimously agreed as an accurate record and were signed by the meeting Chairman.
5. MATTERS ARISING.
6/2014/0221 Mr & Mrs Bryant. Huntick Cottage, Huntick Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6BB. Erect replacement dwelling. PASS shows that PDC has refused this application.
6/2014/0288 Mr & Mrs Carswell. Huntick Estate (10), Lytchett Matravers BH16 6EB. Erect detached dwelling; form new vehicular access from Foxhills Crescent. PASS shows that PDC has refused this application.
6/2014/0336 Miss W Meadon. Elderbrook, Peatons Lane. Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HW. Erect rear dormer window. PASS shows that PDC has approved this application.
6/2014/0350 Lytchett Matravers Pre School, 91 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6DY. Erect single storey office extension. PASS shows that PDC has not yet determined this application.
6/2014/0354 Mrs Jean Noble. Dullar Lane, Dullar Farm Cottage, Sturminster Marshall, Wimborne, BH21 4AB. Extension of existing single storey dwelling to provide granny annexe comprised of; bedroom, bathroom, living/dining room, with basic food prep/kitchen area and storage (non habitable) first floor space; New garage and car port building. PASS shows that PDC has refused this application.
6/2014/0411 Banyard Construction. Sunnyside Barn, Wimborne Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6HA. Amended elevations to previously approved conversion of redundant barn to residential use (Approved No. 6/2013/0106). PASS shows that PDC has refused this application.
6. 6/2014/0350 Lytchett Matravers Pre School, Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DY. Erect single storey office extension. It was noted that the application has been re-presented due to the previous application being invalid. However the Council had already given its view in July and this remains logged on PASS. NO OBJECTION.
7. 6/2014/0466 108 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DT. Install dropped kerb & create new driveway. The Council noted that one neighbour response had been received by PDC, supporting the application on grounds of improving congestion problem and beginning & end of school day. No objection was received by PDC from DCC Highways. NO OBJECTION.
8. 6/2014/0471 Royal Bay Care Homes. Castle Farm Retirement Home, Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6BZ. Erect single storey extension to existing Care Home to provide two new single bedrooms. No neighbour responses. NO OBJECTION.
9. 6/2014/0480 Mr & Mrs Carswell., 10 Huntick Estate, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6EB. Erect detached dwelling; form new vehicular access from Foxhills Crescent. NO OBJECTION. The Council notes that DCC Highway Dept have responded with no objection. However, in the light of its awareness of a petition amongst residents of Foxhills Crescent to PDC expressing an objection on grounds of concerns about the impact on parking and access by emergency services vehicles, the Council has asked its District Councillor to request that this proposal goes to Planning Board for consideration. The Council is aware that a petition has been put forward on grounds of highways concerns, yet DCC Highways have already recorded no objection to it. The Council notes that the arguments put forward for refusal by PDC previously were finely balanced.
10. CORRESPONDENCE. There was none.
11. MATTERS OF INTEREST
There were none.
The meeting closed at 20:16.
Modified by/on …………………. Signed by/on ………………….