Lytchett Matravers residents adopted the first Neighbourhood Plan on May 4th 2017 following a public vote (1240 yes; 90 no). This documented the type of developments that are preferred both in and around the village to try and ensure that the published design principles were considered for any planned developments. NP2017 also highlights how the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) contributions from any development should be used to improve and enhance the village for all residents. However, NP2017 was limited in its scope by both Purbeck District Council and the examiner. Not only were we prevented from identifying any preferred development sites, but many of the policies/strategies proposed for the community were removed, such as the infrastructure and employment requirements. You can download a copy of NP2017 plan here http://lmnp.org.uk/
Therefore – it is time for a revised Lytchett Matravers Neighbourhood Plan (LMNP2) to address the chronic erosion of the green belt over the last 40 years and to ensure development is beneficial to the community in addressing its needs.
The LMNP2 working group came together following a Village meeting on 1st October 2021. It is made up of a wide range of people from the village with the aim is to progress constructive actions and arguements to Save our Greenbelt.
Specific objectives of the LMNP2 group include:
- Counter the current erosion of the green belt, including agricultural conversions
- Require that any development meets the CCE sustainable criteria and delivers net zero houses.
- Develop sustainable pedestrian friendly links within the village; safe walking routes, particularly to school.
- Improve green amenity spaces and recreation facilities around the village.
- Redress the imbalance of housing and employment opportunities.
- Specify standards of local identity design guidelines to emphasise community objectives
Meetings are open to anyone from the village and generally held in the Sports Pavilion, which can accommodate up to 40 people. For larger meetings we use the Village Hall. If you would like contribute to the proposals or have some points that you would like the WG to consider, please get in touch with the Parish Clerk in advance to find out when the next meeting will be.
If you would like to receive email updates on the Neighbourhood Plan #2, and other issues around the village, please register below (See “Get updates via email” in the footer at the bottom of this page).