Objective is to renew the Lytchett Matravers Neighbourhood Plan (LMNP) in readiness for the Dorset Local Plan.
The current LMNP was limited in scope by Purbeck District Council and further by the examiner. The plan was prevented from identifying any type of development and in addition many policies/strategies for the community were removed. e.g. infrastructure and employment requirements.
A renewed LMNP is required to address the chronic erosion of the green belt over the last 40 years, to ensure development is beneficial to the community in addressing its needs. i.e. sustainability, CCE net zero, design standards, local employment, community infrastructure and amenities.
- PLP2 adoption
- JR review decision
- DLP next consultancy stage
- Met with Planning Consultant Mar 3rd and 23rd.
- Written letter to Stephen Morgan (selected barrister) on key points. He would like to see all PC responses to PLP2 and DLP. Need to put those together.
- Written to school and pre-school enquiring about their inclusion in PLP2/DLP consultation. Both replied they were not included.
- Reply received from Wyatt Homes – non-committal
- Letter sent to Dorset Council re: Wareham 95 – no response but letter added to application
- Letter sent to Cllr David Walsh on clarification of PC role in Planning (Dec. 21). Follow up sent March 22.
- PC has joined CAN/CPRE campaign to reduce the number of houses in the DLP from 39,000 to 22,000.
- NP2 WG to develop core objectives – draft policies underway, discussed March 23rd.
- PC has applied for and received Locality grant for consultant expenses to end March. Need to refund unused funds planned for mapping and printing – total refund £1,601.
You can also download a copy of this summary here (as a PDF).