Objective is to renew the Lytchett Matravers Neighbourhood Plan (LMNP) in readiness for the Dorset Local Plan.
The current LMNP was limited in scope by Purbeck District Council and further by the examiner. The plan was prevented from identifying any type of development and in addition many policies/strategies for the community were removed. e.g. infrastructure and employment requirements.
A renewed LMNP is required to address the chronic erosion of the green belt over the last 40 years, to ensure development is beneficial to the community in addressing its needs. i.e. sustainability, CCE net zero, design standards, local employment, community infrastructure and amenities.
- PLP2 adoption
- DLP next consultancy stage
- PC has selected planning consultant to assist NP2 WG, to start in February. Scope is to develop new draft policies by March EOM.
- PC has received quotes from 3 barristers to review potential for Judicial Review
- PC has written to Wyatt Homes about shortfalls in the Wareham Road application – no response to date
- PC has written to Cllr David Walsh on clarification of PC role in Planning – no response to date
- PC has joined CAN/CPRE campaign to reduce the number of houses in the DLP from 39,000 to 22,000.
- NP2 WG to develop core objectives
- PC/NP2 WG has applied for Locality grant to meet expenses to March EOM
NP2 Working Group January 22 Update