The current NP1 was limited in scope by Purbeck District Council and further by the examiner. The plan was prevented from identifying any type of development and in addition many policies/strategies for the community were removed. e.g. infrastructure and employment requirements.
A renewed plan is required to address the chronic erosion of the green belt over the last 40 years, to ensure development is beneficial to the community in addressing its needs. i.e. sustainability, CCE net zero, design standards, local employment, community infrastructure and amenities.
Working Group Participants:
Alf Bush (Chair), Ken Morgan, Micki Attridge, Karen Korenevsky, Peter Webb, Ian Taylor
Current WG Objectives:
- To renew the Lytchett Matravers Neighbourhood Plan (LMNP) in readiness for the Dorset Local Plan.
- Monitor and respond to PLP2 and DLP updates.
- PLP2 adoption – delayed due to need for new hearing on Morden Park (July 2022)
- Judicial review approach
- DLP next consultancy stage
- Local residents have managed to apply TPO to the tree valley between Deans Drove and Glebe Road, essentially an extension of the Foxhills valley. This will add as an impediment for the development of that valley proposed by DLP.
- Look for other TPO opportunities
- Update action plan in line with ongoing dialogue between DC Planning and PLP2 Examiners
- Follow up with Wessex Water on wetlands and Natural England nitrates/phosphates
- Continue work on draft NP2 policies
- Work with CAN/CPRE on DLP issues
- Follow up with DC on government reply to DLP delay letter
(£000’s, excluding VAT)
|Expense to date|