Please don’t let your dog foul up our Recreation green.
As a dog owner or dog walker, you are required by law to collect and dispose of dog waste properly.
- Waste bags should be tied so that they seal in the contents and its smell. – just tying the bunny ear handles together does not seal the bag so make sure you tie the top fully.
- Please use the dog bin if supplied. It is also OK to put properly wrapped waste into a council litter bins.
- Throwing a bag of dog waste into the local bushes is an offence of littering – and liable to a fine in excess of £1000.00
Please remember that the Dorset Council Dog related Public Spaces Protection Order came into effect on 1 January 2021 and will last 3 years. You can view the contents of the Dog related PSPO here. The Order states that:
- owners are to pick up their dog’s poo in all public spaces and dispose of it appropriately
- no dogs are allowed in enclosed children’s play areas or on marked sports pitches
- dogs are to be put on a lead when instructed to do so by an authorised officer
- dogs are to be kept on a lead in signposted and identified areas, including:
- cemeteries, churchyards or graveyards
- council owned allotments
- formal public gardens
- within 5 metres of marked sports pitches
- council owned car parks
If you experience any anti-social dog behaviour please report it by contacting the Dorset Dog warden services.
For more information on your responsibilities as a dog owner please read: http://www.dorsetdog.com/responsible-dog-ownershi