Dorset Council has issued a Notice under Section 14  of the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1984 as amended. All vehicles will be prohibited from proceeding along Various Roads, West Morden:
- Hectors Corner from the junction with Down Street to the junction with Whitfield Road;
- Whitfield Road from the junction with Coldbarrowdown Street to the junction with Hectors Corner;
- Road Past Frogmore Farm from the junction with Hectors Corner to the junction with B3075;
- B3075 from the junction with Bad Ash Lane to the junction with Gallop’s Lane;
- Gallop’s Lane from the junction with Lower Street to the junction with B3075.
The Notice is needed in order to comply with health and safety regulations which require the provision of safe working areas and to minimise likelihood of danger to highway users. It will come into operation between 08:00 until 15:30 on 16th May 2022 and remain in force for five days, however it is anticipated that the works will be completed by 20th May 2022.
This Notice will enable Openreach to build concrete chambers in the carriageway and footway and then install cabling.
The alternative route, which will be sign posted is as follows: Coldbarrowdown Street, Bad Ash Lane, New Lane, Lower Street and a larger diversion to go via B3075, A35, Upton Roundabout, A350, Roundhouse Roundabout, A31 and vice versa.
For further information about the work being undertaken, call Citi Utilities agents on behalf of Openreach on 01452 728640. To discuss this Notice, call Dorset Highways Traffic Team on 01305 221020 or email email@example.com.
The official notice with map can be seen below, embedded as a PDF, or downloaded as a PDF here.