Working Group Objectives:
- To identify areas of concern/opportunity within the physical environment of the Village and propose responses. Note: Highway matters now tom be dealt with by separate WG.
Working Group Participants:
Ken Morgan (Chair), Alf Bush, Andrew Huggins , Karen Korenevsky, Vicky Abbot, Hannah Khanna
Dorset Council Highways + Planning/Local Plan. School cooperation. Funds.
Summary project list in priority order:
- School – New Car Pk?
- School Walk – Extend path across school field? Negative response from School.
- Hannams Close entrance enhancement. Bench in position. Discuss with management company.
- Sports/Scout Building High St frontage. Design to be agreed.
- Pond restoration
- Boules/Pétanque Pitches – Layout/positions agreed.
- Finger post Renovations – Progress on Upper X with discounted parts available. Assemble volunteer team for training + seek sponsorship.
- Dog Area – additional planting being added as and when available.
- Jubilee Walk – restriction required at Huntick Road end?
- Develop design for Sports Pav/Scout Hut/PC stores.
- Boules/Pétanque Pitches + Pond + Hannams Gate – Develop designs and invite tenders.
- Work up Hannams Gate design and obtain tenders.
(£000’s, excluding VAT)
|Expense to date||351|
Notes – (£000’s, excluding VAT):
- Benches, gym equipment, dog exercise area, path, seat
- School Path, Boules, TT tables, Sports Pavilion storage area
- Astro Car Park
Village Environment WG June 23 Update