FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING

Lytchett Matravers Parish Council

MINUTES of the Meeting held on 13th June 2016 in the Methodist Church, Wareham Rd, Lytchett Matravers at 7:00 p.m.

PRESENT: Cllrs K Norris, A Bush, M Colvey, J Gracey, P Webb, and the Parish Clerk (Mr T Watton).

1. APOLOGIES. Cllr C Wood

2. Appointments of Chair and Vice Chair of Committee. Cllr Norris was nominated as Committee Chairman and Cllr Bush was nominated as Vice Chairman. Both indicated their willingness to stand. There were no other nominees and so both were duly elected.

3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

There was none.

4. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.

There was none.

5. MINUTES OF THE MEETING on 4th April 2016 were ACCEPTED as a true record.

6. MATTERS ARISING

Minute 12, 6th June 2011. Security of council papers & records. It was noted that one Council minute book is still with Cllr Bush, who is currently making an electronic copy. Carried forward.

6. Receipt of year end 2015/16 bank reconciliation and accounts.

The Parish Clerk referred to the bank reconciliation and accounts update which had been circulated to all members prior to this meeting. It was resolved to RECOMMEND acceptance of the Bank Reconciliation and Accounts update as attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes.

It was noted that the most recent statement received from Mark Pincott & Associates shows that the Prudential investment has achieved an unrealised gain in value of £21,291.13 since the initial investment was made.

7. Consideration of year-end financial statements 2015/16, and inputs to Annual Return 2016.

The Parish Clerk referred to the draft financial statements and Annual Return figures for year ending 31st March 2016 attached at Appendix 2 to these minutes. These had been circulated to members prior to this meeting. It was resolved to RECOMMEND these to Full Council for acceptance subject to two points of clarification and possible amendment:

(i) That the £25K held for the toilets refurbishment project for the Village Hall is identified as such. Some discussion took place as to whether this should be shown as an accrual. Mrs White is to be asked to advise on this and amend the statements accordingly.

(ii) That Mrs White be asked to advise on how and where to show the unrealised gain in value on the Prudential investment – and then to amend the financial statements accordingly.

8. Review and consideration of date for Annual Parish Meeting 2017.

After a brief discussion it was RESOLVED to schedule this to take place on Thursday 20th April 2017 commencing at 7pm; to be held in the Methodist Church.

9. Consideration as to whether LMPC will respond to consultation in the autumn on proposed NHS Dorset service changes – based on key points from the Board of Poole Hospital statement.

It was noted that the consultation on this matter will take place during the autumn. In preparation for that event, it was agreed that Cllrs Norris and Gracey would work together to draft a response for consideration of the Full Council.

Cllr Norris indicated that he would also provide a copy of the NHS Dorset paper explaining the proposals to the Lytchett Matravers resident who had first raised concerns about this matter at a recent Public Participation session at a council meeting.

10. Planned improvements of Club Hall by Lighthouse Family Church.

After some discussion it was agreed not to offer additional funds beyond the £700 grant which had been awarded. As part of the discussion, and in response to a question from a member it was clarified that the premises is let to the Lighthouse Family Church on a yearly renewable basis under a licence arrangement which had been set up by agreement between the Council and the Lighthouse Family Church some years ago. With regard to the matter of the proposed alteration of a toilet to make it suitable for use by disabled people Cllr Norris indicated that he would seek free of charge advice from Dorset Community Action regarding what responsibilities the Parish Council may have as owner and landlord of the premises.

11. Proposal for a “Centenary Fields” Deed of Dedication to protect the Lytchett Matravers Memorial Green in perpetuity.

After brief discussion it was resolved to RECOMMEND to Full Council that a “Centenary Fields” Deed of Dedication to protect the land is established with the help of Fields In trust. It was noted that the matter of a name for this piece of land may be recorded on the deed which more appropriately reflects the intended use of the land as public open space.

12. Proposed temporary road closure by DCC Highways – Colehill Rd for 3 days (1-3 August 09:30-17:30 daily)

It was noted that the planned works by BT necessitates limited road closure at some point. There being no grounds to object, the Council sked the Parish Clerk to respond to DCC accordingly.

13. Proposal that all earmarked reserves are added to the prudential investment.

It was resolved to RECOMMEND that the current value of the following Earmarked reserves is added to the Prudential Investment:

Election fund £ 1,500

Skate Park Sinking Fund £ 5,600

Foxhills Play Area Sinking Fund £ 5,400

Rocket Park Play Area Sinking Fund £ 7,000

Village Centre Project Earmarked Reserve £25,000

TOTAL £44,500

14. FINANCE AND POLICY RELATED CORRESPONDENCE

There was none.

15. MATTERS OF INTEREST AND INFORMATION RELATED TO FINANCE AND POLICY

Cllr Gracey raised a concern about the condition of the noticeboard between the pharmacy and the library. It was agreed that the Parish Clerk would provide her with contact details for a range of suppliers so she could look into the feasibility of obtaining a replacement. Action: Parish Clerk to send the required contact details to Cllr Gracey.

Cllr Colvey commented on the length of time it has taken to install the replacement noticeboard on Wareham Rd adjacent to the school. Action: Parish Clerk to find an alternative contractor to undertake this work.

He also reported some damage to the roof of the bus shelter near the school. Acton: Parish Clerk to ask Mr Mills to examine this and report back on its condition and options for repair.

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 20:45

Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………