FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE
Meeting held on Wednesday March 13th 2019, at 7.00 p.m. in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall, Lytchett Matravers
PRESENT: Cllrs C Wood (Committee Chair), A Bush, R Carswell, A Cottman, A Huggins, K Norris, P Webb, and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk)
No members of the public were present.
Public participation: There was none.
1. APOLOGIES. Cllrs M Colvey and R Watts.
2. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.Cllr Webb declared an interest in agenda item 8 because he owns a property nearby. He took no part in discussion of this item.
3. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee meeting held on 13th February 2019. These were ACCEPTED as a true record and signed by the Committee Chairman.
4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters. The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report of past subject matters. [nb: comments made or decisions taken at the meeting are shown in italics]
i. F&P Cttee Minute 12, 6th June 2011. Security of council papers & records. The minute book in question will be transferred to the Dorset History Centre in Dorchester in due course.
ii. F&GP Cttee, 8th August 2018, Minute 14 – Specification for re-modelling and upgrading of Lytchett Astro entrance trackway area. The contractor has now completed the tree and scrub clearance work. Much of the cut material is still to be removed from site, the tree stumps are to be ground down, and the whole area graded. The Parish Clerk reported the contractor’s comment regarding litter on the site. Two members indicated that they would visit to collect this up. Action: Parish Clerk to advise the contractor of this and to request that he does not flail the area until after the litter has been gathered.
iii. F&GP Cttee, 12th September 2018, Minute 10, – proposal to create a Parish Council-led community team to clear Church Walk back to the fence line and to infill the groove in the surface path – The contractor has completed his elements of this task and a site visit has been held with a DCC Ranger, as reported in the February Full Council minutes. Some follow-up work is still in hand to dispose of the cuttings, and to protect the path surface from erosion / assist drainage flow. It was noted that the Council has not yet received the promised follow-up from DCC Ranger Black, following her site visit with Cllr Bush and the Parish Clerk. Action: Parish Clerk to chase this up with Ms Black.
iv. F&GP, 13th February 2019, Minute 12 –Health and Safety Policy. The Clerk is researching the background for potential need to enhance the adopted policy with regard to the Allotments and Sports Pavilion.
v. Planning application responses sent to PDC and reported as “not yet determined” by PDC at the September LMPC F&GP Committee meeting:
Planning application 6/2018/0063 Lewis Wyatt (Construction) Ltd & Morrish Builders. Land at Huntick Road, Lytchett Matravers. Erection of 46 dwellings (including affordable homes), new vehicular access via Huntick Road, associated landscaping, drainage & all other development works. PASS shows this application has still not yet been determined. However it was reported that the matter will be considered by the PDC Planning Committee at their February meeting, but this item was later postponed. It was reported that PDC had resolved to defer consideration of this proposal to allow the developer to undertake some redesign of plots 17-22 to reduce the impact upon neighbouring properties.
Planning application 6/2018/0515 Valley View Farm, Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DA. Temporary rural workers dwelling. PASS shows this application has now been approved.
Planning application 6/2018/0521 Valley View Farm, Land south of Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DA. Erection of 7 polytunnels, new farm service track and car parking area. PASS shows this application has still now been approved.
Planning application 6/2018/0590 Mr J. Gregory. Valley View Farm, Land south of Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DA. Erection of livestock building. PASS shows this application has now been approved.
Planning application 6/2018/0645 Bracken Developments Limited. Former Royal British Legion Club, Wimborne Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HQ. Outline application for the demolition of the former, vacant, Royal British Legion Club building and the construction of 7 dwellings with car parking and landscaping. PASS shows that this application has still not yet been determined. Members should note that a revised site layout was offered by the developer as an amendment to the proposal consulted on in January. This revised layout removed all use of greenbelt land.
Planning application 6/2018/0696 Mr & Mrs K Rigler Northouse Farm, Huntick Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6BB. Demolish existing barn and remove existing mobile home and erect a detached 2 storey building comprising of 2 holiday cottages with associated parking and access – Reserved matters application seeking approval for appearance of the 2 storey building & landscaping. PASS shows this application has been approved.
Planning application 6/2019/0003 P & A White & Hibberd. 11 Huntick Estate, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EB. Sever plot. Erect detached 2-bed chalet bungalow with access and parking. PASS shows that this application has been refused.
Planning application 6/2019/0009 Mr Nicholas Rubenstein. 86 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6DT. Detached 2 storey building at the rear of 86 Wareham Road, comprising two semi-detached houses. PASS shows that this application has not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2019/0077 Mr I Simpson. 5 Vineyard Close, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6DD. Demolish conservatory and erect single storey extension at rear. PASS shows that this application has not yet been determined.
The following two matters were raised by Cllr Norris:
(a) F&GP, 13th February 2019, Minute 15, Annual review of Risk Register. Cllr Norris reported that he and the Parish Clerk had reviewed and updated the Risk Register. It was RESOLVED to recommend receipt and acceptance of this to Full Council.
(b) F&GP, 13th February 2019, Minute 16, Annual Review of the Schedule of Governance / Internal Controls Responsibilities. Cllr Norris reported that he and the Parish Clerk had reviewed and updated the Schedule of Governance / Internal Controls Responsibilities. It was RESOLVED to recommend receipt and acceptance of this to Full Council.
5. To receive and note the 2018/2019 YEAR to date bank reconciliation. A copy of the bank reconciliation is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes. Members also examined copies of the relevant bank statements. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve this reconciliation.
6. To receive and consider a report covering 2018/19 year to date council income and expenditure. The report having been circulated to all members, it was RESOLVED to accept and approve this.
It was noted that there are a number of invoices to issue for sports facilities usage. Issue of these had been delayed by lack of information, and this is now being addressed.
7. To consider planning application 6/2019/0060 Mr Rob Holden. Chartley, Jennys Lane, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BP. Outline planning permission to erect extension on the eastern elevation and raise roof ridge of permitted development extensions to match existing. NO OBJECTION.
8. To consider planning application 6/2019/0062 Mr George Atkinson. 10 Foxhills Crescent, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BE. Replace existing conservatory with pitched roof single storey rear extension. NO OBJECTION.
9. To consider planning application 6/2019/0136. Mr Hector Hickmott. 10 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DP. Single storey side and rear extensions. NO OBJECTION.
10. To consider a proposal to lay concrete over 2m x 1x25m triangle of land at corner of Huntick estate adjacent to former bench slab, to prevent weed overgrowth. Cllr Huggins summarised the recent history of this corner, where there has been persistent bramble growth which regularly encroaches onto the pavement. It was RESOLVED to approach the owner of the adjacent dwelling on Huntick Rd to ascertain whether they might be interested in informally adopting this small piece of land to maintain it. Cllr Carswell indicated that he would make this approach on behalf of the council. Action: Cllr Carswell to speak to the resident concerned accordingly.
11. To consider a proposed revision to the council’s Safeguarding policy. Members noted the points made by Cllrs Barker, Carswell, Cottman and Watts in response to the Clerk’s emailed circulation of the proposed draft revision. The Clerk clarified the background to this proposal by explaining to the meeting that the action to review and broaden the existing Child Protection Policy and procedures arose from a meeting he and Cllr Huggins had with a DCA representative. She had advised of the particular need, as part of any grant application, to ensure that the policy and procedures were up to date. The Clerk explained that the council’s existing policy and procedures had been agreed by the council in 2010, and have been continuously in the public domain on the council’s website since then. Rather than being part of the policy itself, the section describing the nature of “abuse”, which had caused some concerns amongst members, is within the “procedures” part of the document. The “procedures” are intended for internal use – for information and guidance of council members and employees only.It was RESOLVED to recommend to full council the adoption of the proposed revised “policy” and “procedures”, and if approved to then publish only the “policy” part of the document on the website.
12. To review and approve the text of the forthcoming article for the Parish Magazine. Members noted that no proposed text had been made available for consideration at the meeting. However the following topics were suggested for inclusion:
– Volunteer of the Year awards.
– Clearance of the Astro area.
– The forthcoming local council elections.
20. To note correspondence received.
Cllr Norris reported that he had been in correspondence with Fields In Trust to begin the process for the dedication of the Foxhills Open Space and the re-dedication of the recreation ground reflecting the desired minor adjustments. He had noted that there may be an opportunity to apply to FIT for some funding for the Ball Court project, if the FIT timetable for the funding matches local capacity to progress an application.
The Parish Clerk reported the correspondence with allotment holders concerning a tree which had fallen from Dyetts Wood and caused damage to one plot. It is understood that Cllr Colvey is in correspondence with the landowner about this incident.
The meeting closed at 20:07
Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………