FULL COUNCIL MEETING
Weds 26th February 2020, at 7:00 p.m. in the Methodist Church, Wareham Rd, Lytchett Matravers.
Council Office, Vineyard Close, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DD Office 01202-624530
Public Participation Session (Standing Orders Suspended): An opportunity for members of the public to raise issues of concern or interest – e.g. ask a question, make a statement or present a petition. (Standing Orders Suspended).
Report from Dorset Councillors (Standing Orders Suspended).
All Council decisions must give due consideration to their impact on the community’s carbon footprint.
1. To receive and consider apologies for absence.
2. To receive any declarations of interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.
3. To receive and resolve to approve minutes of Council meeting held on 22nd January 2020.
4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters (for the purposes of report only).
5. Chairman’s announcements (for the purposes of report only).
6. To receive and note the content of the minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee meeting on 12th February 2020 (for the purposes of report only).
7. To consider the following recommendations from the Finance & General Purposes Committee meeting on 12th February:
7.1 To consider a recommendation from the Finance & General Purposes Committee to close the Council’s two Santander bank accounts and transfer the money in them to the Council’s HSBC accounts.
7.2 To consider a recommendation to accept a quote of £495 for PBS to lay 5 square metres of rubber flooring inside Rocket Park south side gateway to address worn, sharp concrete edge. This will also tackle the frequent problem of this area becoming very muddy.
7.3 To consider a recommendation within the details obtained and circulated to all members by Cllr Huggins concerning plastic bollards on the north west end of the Recreation Ground Car Park – i.e. the supply and installation of 48 recycled plastic posts, plus relocation of 2 dropping posts, at a quoted cost of £3437 + VAT.
7.4 To consider the quote from Zurich Insurance for cover for the pharmacy steps improvement works.
7.5 To approve the replacement of the Lytchett Astro floodlights with LED specification units together with controls for automated timing.
8. To consider a grant application submitted on behalf of Cheeky Monkeys Parent and Toddler Group.
9. To receive and consider a report and proposal from Cllr Huggins for replacement fencing for Rocket Park play area. The report was circulated to members by email on 28th January 2020. To include consideration of quotes and selection of supplier and contractor.
10. To receive and consider for approval the Detailed Design for the Recreation Ground Car Park
11. To receive and consider a report on Lytchett Matravers Sports Club Governance and progress on the Pavilion refurbishment programme.
12. To receive and consider the results of the Climate Emergency Survey.
13. To receive and consider for approval the Lytchett Matravers Parish Council Climate Emergency Action Plan.
14. To consider a proposal to establish Lytchett Matravers Sports Club as an independent entity from April 1, 2020. A recommendation will be presented setting out the parameters for the separation.
15. To confirm the date, venue and general approach for the Annual Parish meeting 2020.
16. To consider planning application 6/2020/0071 Afterthought Deans Drove Lytchett Matravers BH16 6EQ. Erect a rear single storey extension.
17. To receive and consider reports of the following Working Groups:
(i) Village Centre: R Carswell
(ii) Library: A Bush
(iii) Astro: A Huggins
(iv) Village Hall: A Cottman
(v) Huntick Rd Cycle Path: A Huggins
(vi) LM Charitable Trust: R Watts
(vii) Parish Council communications: B Barker
(viii) Climate Emergency: R Carswell
(ix) Broadband provision improvements: Cllr Huggins
18. To resolve to approve the following payments due:
|Inv||To Whom||For What||Net||VAT||Total|
|4257||T Watton||Clerk’s salary – February (12 equal monthly payments by SO)||936.78||0.00||936.78|
|4258||Dorset County Pension Fund||LGPS pension contrib February 2019||373.14||0.00||373.14|
|4259||T Homer||Handyman duties, January 2019||276.75||0.00||276.75|
|4260||T Homer||Reimbursement for purchase of 4 bags of Post Fix concrete from Wickes||15.84||3.16||19.00|
|4261||Idverde Ltd||Cemetery maintenance – Jan 19||303.49||60.70||364.19|
|4262||Starboard Systems Ltd||Scribe software licence, plus 2 x read only licences – 12 months from 01/04/2020||443.00||88.60||531.60|
|4263||Dorset Council||Funding for additional library opening hours 2019-20||1376.00||0.00||1376.00|
|4264||Sutcliffe Play South West Ltd||Replacement saddle seat for “Springer” play equipment||248.35||49.67||298.02|
|4265||Purbeck CAB||Provision of weekly advice sessions in Lytchett Matravers Library 01/04/20 – 31/03/21||4630.00||0.00||4630.00|
|4266||Saregcv Cleaning||Cleaning Sports Pavilion 10 weeks: 06/01/20 – 09/03/20||150.00||0.00||150.00|
|4267||L J Meaden||Car park hedge removal, plus chipping Christmas trees||952.00||190.40||1142.40|
|4268||Burry & Knight Ltd||Hire of meeting room, plus buffet, Bulbury Woods Golf Club.||292.42||58.48||350.90|
|4269||Full Circle Leisure Ltd||Remedial work on fixings to skate park riding surfaces.||390.50||78.10||468.60|
|4270||Phillip Austin||Work on Sports Pavilion refurbishment.||3430.98||0.00||3430.98|
|4271||Highlight Electrical Contractors||Work on Sports Pavilion refurbishment (electrics).||708.00||0.00||708.00|
|4272||Jason Ryan||Work on Sports Pavilion refurbishment (plumbing).||204.00||0.00||204.00|
|4273||A Bush||Reimbursement of cost of purchase of key storage box for Sports Pavilion from B&Q||9.15||1.83||10.98|
19. To note any training by members or the Clerk in the past month (for purposes of report only).
20. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents (for purposes of report only).
21. Correspondence received (for purposes of report only).
22. To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.
Members are reminded that the Parish Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (including: race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status and any disability); Crime & Disorder; Health & Safety; and Human Rights.
Parish Clerk: T. Watton Date: February 2020