Wednesday 22nd September 2021 at 7:00 in the Village Hall.

PRESENT were A Huggins (Vice Chairman), V Abbott, M Attridge, M Colvey, K Korenevsky, K Morgan, and and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk).

Also present: Dorset Cllr B Pipe (part meeting)

Seventeen members of the public were also present.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION (Standing orders suspended)

The meeting Chairman ascertained that there were a number of residents who wished to express concerns about the development proposals put forward under planning application number 6/2021/0282 concerning the land to the east of Wareham Road – i.e. described in the application as a “Phased residential development of site for 95 dwellings, new vehicular and pedestrian access onto Wareham Road and other associated works including landscaping and open space”. The meeting Chairman confirmed that no member of the public had any other topic they wished to discuss.

The comments covered the following:

A resident of Glebe Road commented that he had been opposing this matter since the possibility of development at this location was identified as part of the preparation of the draft Purbeck Local Plan (PLP). He noted that the PLP had gone through a number of phases. He had attended the Inspector’s hearing into the draft PLP and raised a number of objections. He had also noted what he believed to be a procedural error in the Inspector’s hearing on the draft PLP in that one day of the hearing had been designated to the matter of the change of status of Green Belt – which would be necessary to enable this development to go ahead. However he believed a number of local residents had been deliberately excluded from that part of the session. On the subject of the Green Belt status of the land in question, he has argued that this doesn’t meet the criteria for the required change of status. His other objections have included that the proposal is an overbearing development, located too far from the village centre, and there is no mention of any necessary increase in infrastructure such as road capacity, public transport network and sewerage facilities. He concluded by saying that the hoped that the parish council would join in vigorously opposing this proposal.

A resident of Wimborne Road expressed amazement at the assumptions used as part of the preparation of this proposal. He specifically referred to a traffic survey carried out during late July of last year which would have been distorted by the lack of any school traffic. He indicated that his objections included concerns over the impact of this development on local family life. He also referred to the possibility of an infringement of the Human Rights Act. He speculated that the properties would be unlikely to be affordable by local people, but that instead some may become second homes or holiday homes. He also is expressed concerns about the lack of detail of any infrastructure as part of the proposals – referring specifically to roads, lighting and pavements. He also referred to the lack of an adequate safe route to Lytchett Minster school.

A resident of Landers Reach also commented on lack of infrastructure, by suggesting that none of the recent developers acting in the village have added to any infrastructure. They offered the example of the doctors’ surgery and the Primary School – both of which they felt were in danger of becoming oversubscribed.

A resident of Poppy Place who has recently moved to the village commented that she felt that such large developments would ruin it. She also questioned the length of time the development would take and the temporary disruption which may be caused during that period.

In response to this particular point Cllr Morgan commented that it is normal practice for the developers to build at the rate which the market will stand. He also explained to everyone present that the Parish Council had been discussing in this particular development proposal since the application itself had been submitted – and he assured everyone that the Parish Council fully recognises that this would be likely to have a significant impact on the village. He also drew attention to the proposals within the draft Dorset Local Plan (DLP) which currently includes an allocation / target of up to 400 houses for the village. He explained that this 400 is the Lytchett Matravers share of a target issued by central government to Dorset Council.

Cllr Morgan went on to explain that the Parish Council had worked with members of the community to drawn up a local Neighbourhood Plan, but had not been permitted for that plan to consider anything outside of the settlement boundary – i.e. such as is the case with this particular proposal. He explained that the Parish Council intends for the Neighbourhood Plan to be refreshed. He also advised that a separate public meeting will take place on 1st October 2021 to enable residents to talk further about this particular development proposal, as well as the any others which may be forthcoming as identified in the draft Dorset local plan.

In response to a question from a resident who wondered whether other communities around Dorset would be getting a share of the overall housing development target, Dorset Cllr Pipe confirmed that this was so. He also stressed that both the Parish Council and he as a Dorset Council member for the Lytchett Matravers & Upton ward have objected to this latest development proposal. He went on to explain that the application will ultimately be referred to the Eastern Area Planning Committee of Dorset Council for consideration. He also indicated that he would take up the matter of the apparently flawed a traffic survey with the relevant Dorset Council Officers.

On the matter of the allocation of government housing targets to local authorities, Dorset Cllr Pipe explained that, like other local authorities around the country, Dorset Council is in dispute with Government about how the targets have been calculated and allocated. The Parish Council also challenged the basis of this targeting, as part of the recent consultation on the draft Dorset Local Plan.

Cllr Huggins, as the meeting Chairman, emphasised the point that the Parish Council has already submitted an objection to this particular proposal to the Local Planning Authority on the grounds that it is inappropriate development in the Green Belt. He reiterated the opportunity for residents to attend a public meeting on the evening of 1st October 2021 in the Village Hall, Lytchett Matravers to talk about this development application further.

Cllr Colvey explained to those present that the role of the Parish Council is twofold with regard to planning applications (i) to register reasoned objections based on “planning considerations” where the Council’s view is that the proposals are inappropriate and (ii) where proposals do go ahead, to ensure any “developer contributions” are turned into relevant infrastructure improvements. He also emphasised that at the time of the Inspector’s hearing into the PLP, Parish Council members at the time (Cllrs Bush and Watts) took part in and contributed to significantly to the hearing by making the same detailed points a number of residents have made at this meeting.

Cllr Huggins then built on Cllr Colvey’s comments about developer contributions by explaining that the community infrastructure Levy (CIL) monies which the Parish Council have received to date have been used for improvements around the village. Regarding the risk of over-subscription of the primary school, he explained that around 40% of the primary school’s current students are from outside of the village; so in fact the school could simply reduce that proportion of its future intake as the local primary school age population grows.

Finally, Cllr Huggins thanked all those present and reiterated encouragement to attend the public meeting on 1st October in the Village Hall.


No written report had been forwarded. Cllr Pipe began his report but chose to leave the meeting after a brief exchange of views with a Council member.

1. To receive and consider apologies for absence.

Apologies were received from Cllrs A Bush, B Barker, R Carswell, and P Webb.

2. To consider any applications for the current vacancy on the Parish Council. To appoint the successful applicant and to receive their Acceptance of Office.

The two candidates were asked to leave the room for this item. The submitted applications from both were then considered, and after due deliberation it was RESOLVED by a majority vote to appoint Mrs Hannah Khanna to the vacancy. She duly signed the Acceptance Of Office and took a place for the remainder of the meeting.

3. To receive any declarations of interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.

There were none.

4. To receive and resolve to approve minutes of Council meeting held on 25th August 2021.

Following amendments to minute 8 (ref High Street / use of straw bales) and minute 11 (BMX area imminent completion of work), it was RESOLVED by all present to approve the minutes as a true record of the meeting.

5. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters (for the purposes of report only).

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk. Italics below indicate additional comments made during the meeting.

  1. Minute 12, 23 June 2021 – Submission to LM Village Environment Working Group of ideas for use of LM Angels’ surplus public donated funds. This is covered by minute 16, 28th July, which recorded that Cllr Bush would write to LM Angels to advise that the Council’s view was that it may be best for the Parish Council to hold the money against future needs of local residents. Cllr Bush prepared and sent such a letter, although no reply yet received at the time of this meeting. It was however reported at the meeting that some money is understood to have been returned to the Rockley Trust. It is also understood that the recipient of Cllr Bush’s letter may be moving away.
  2. Minute 8, 28th July 2021 – Request to Dorset Council for a licence to install a path running from the junction at the head of steps adjacent to the Pharmacy to where the existing library path joins the High St pavement. A request for a licence to install the footpath has been made. Dorset Cllr Alex Brenton had indicated at the August meeting that she would chase up the request with Mr Rupert Williams, (Development Manager Assets & Property, Dorset Council), but no result had yet been seen from that intervention.
  3. Minute 7, 25 August 2021 – Parish Clerk to apply to Unity Trust Bank to open the online current account accordingly. In accordance with this action point, the Parish Clerk completed the online application form and prepared the necessary Council resolution required by the bank, for consideration at the September F&GP Cttee meeting. F&GP Cttee members raised a number of points regarding details in the resolution. These were subsequently investigated and the responses sent to the Council Chairman. Consequently the resolution has now been re-presented for members’ consideration at item 9 on 22nd September.

6. Chairman’s announcements (for the purposes of report only).

There were none.

7. To receive and note the content of the minutes of the Finance & General purposes committee meeting on 8th September 2021 (for purposes of report only).

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of these draft minutes.

8. To consider nominations for LM Primary School Governor:

It was RESOLVED to re-appoint Cllr Attridge.

He then reported, for information, that the school currently has three vacancies for Governors – one being designated for a “Parent Governor”.

9. To consider the following resolution required by Unity Trust Bank Plc in order to open the agreed current account with them:

· We wish to open an account with Unity Trust Bank plc (‘Unity’) and have read the account opening Terms and Conditions.

· We accept Unity’s Terms and Conditions and appoint them as our Bankers.

· We acknowledge that Unity’s Terms and Conditions may vary from time to time and we agree to be bound by them.

· We will provide Unity with instructions and changes in line with the mandate.

· Unity should rely on this Mandate until we send future amends.

· We will send Unity a copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, a copy of the Company’s Rules, our Trust Deeds or our registration documents. We will inform Unity of any changes to these in writing.

· We will also notify Unity in writing of any change in Directors/Trustees/Officers and membership.

· Committee members/Trustees of unincorporated entities acknowledge that they shall be jointly and severally liable for any liabilities incurred by individuals authorised to give instructions.

It was unanimously RESOLVED to approve this.

10. To receive a report from the Village Centre Working Group (for purposes of report only)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 1 to these minutes.

It was noted that the planting by the pharmacy steps is awaiting some rainfall.

11. To receive a report from the Climate Change Emergency Working Group (for purposes of report only).

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 2 to these minutes.

12. To receive a report from the Huntick Road Cycleway Working Group (for purposes of report only)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 3 to these minutes.

13. To receive a report from the Village Environment Working Group (for purposes of report only)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 4 to these minutes.

Members’ particular attention was drawn to the following matters:

Dog exercise area – Only two quotes received so far

Exercise Trail – Quotes are still needed.

Community Garden – Cllrs Morgan and Colvey met the two residents wishing to develop and look after this. The residents have indicated that they will organise construction, planting and maintenance

Foxhills Green – Three tree surgeons have been spoken to and quotes from two are still awaited. The public consultation exercise has been well received – with personal visits and no bad feedback.

Eldons Drove Pond – The current Knotweed treatment continues to be monitored.

Dropped Kerbs – the prioritised proposals have been returned to Mr S Mepham at DC Highways and the Council is now awaiting a response.

14. To receive and note an update on the initiative to widen the provision of superfast broadband within the parish (for the purposes of report only)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 5 to these minutes.

15. To receive an update on Defib provision (for purposes of report only)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 6 to these minutes.

Particular attention was drawn to the fact that the 4th Defib is now in place and operating, and the agreement has been signed by both parties. The publicity is receiving good feedback on Facebook.

16. Receive a report from the Neighbourhood Plan 2 Working Group (for purposes of report only).

It was noted that a framework document has been put together.

17. To consider a provisional TPO regarding 2 x oaks at 163 and 165 Wareham Rd (email to members on 9th September 2021).

The Council decided not to respond.

18. To consider planning application P/HOU/2021/02917 The Oaks Middle Road Lytchett Matravers Dorset BH16 6HJ Proposed outbuilding.


19. To consider planning application P/HOU/2021/03324 High Ash Burbidge Close Lytchett Matravers Dorset BH16 6EG. Conversion of existing garage into family room and the erection of a new attached garage.


20. To consider a proposal to hold a litter pick on Sunday 7th November 3-4pm.

After brief discussion it was RESOLVED to approve this, but that it should take place between 2:30-3:30pm.

21. To consider the need for signage for users of the new cycle ramps on the recreation ground.

It was agreed that advice should be sought from the BMX sport’s governing body regarding the necessary safety wording on the sign. Also that the Council’s insurers should be informed about this new facility. It was also agreed that the sign should include the following statement: “This BMX track was designed and built by volunteers for the benefit of our community”. Action: Parish Clerk to investigate and take action as indicated above.

Cllr Attridge, as the Council’s school liaison representative, agreed to approach the primary with a request that the students name the BMX track. Action: Cllr Attridge to approach the school accordingly.

22. To resolve to approve the following payments already made:

To Whom For What Net VAT Total
Octopus Energy Sports Pavilion electricity charge for period 1st- 31st August 2021 17.58 0.88 18.46

It was RESOLVED to approve the above payment already made.

23. To resolve to approve the following payments due:

To Whom For What Net VAT Total
T Watton Clerk’s salary – Sept (12 equal monthly payments by SO) 969.41 0.00 969.41
Dorset County Pension Fund LGPS pension contrib August 2021 383.38 0.00 383.38
T Homer Handyman duties August 2021 416.25 0.00 416.25
Idverde Ltd Cemetery maintenance August 2021. Invoice 10814765 303.49 60.69 364.18
Idverde Ltd Grass cutting, southern end of rec 13th August. Invoice number 10816115 24.00 4.80 28.80
BT Office phone and broadband – August 21 52.40 10.48 62.88
BCP Council Repair to Lytchett Astro fence invoice 12414969 542.00 108.40 650.40
PKF Littlejohn LLP Fee for Annual Audit (AGAR) for YE 31/03/2021 400.00 80.00 480.00
Paul Crumpler plant hire Hedge trimming at allotments 380.00 76.00 456.00
HMRC PAYE & ENI quarter 2, 2021/22 988.92 0.00 988.92
Toye, Kenning & Spencer Ltd Updating of Chairman’s chain of office 60.75 12.15 72.90
A Huggins Reimbursement of expenditure on vinyl banners, 2500 postcards, and fixings for banners 205.12 24.42 229.54
D J & PA Ball Repair / replace 2 x water taps at allotments 54.96 0.00 54.96

It was RESOLVED to approve all of the above payments.

24. To note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month (for purposes of report only).

There was none. However, the Parish Clerk reported that he would be attending a seminar given by DAPTC on Thursday 23rd September providing a briefing to clerks on the Digital Register of Interests Process for Council Members, which is due to go live in week commencing 27th Sept 2021.

25. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents (for purposes of report only).

There were none.

26. Correspondence (for purposes of report only).

None in addition to the emailed items forwarded to members during the month.

27. To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.

The next full council meeting is scheduled to take place online on Wednesday 27th October 2021 at 7pm in the village hall.

The meeting closed at 20:55 Annotated by/on ……………………………..Signed by……………………



Village Centre Working Group – Summary Report. Sept 2021

Working Group Objective:

To provide a safe green integrated route through the village from Ancott Close, across the Recreation Ground, along Eldons Drove and to the Primary School (Eldons Drove Lane).

Working Group Participants:

Rob Carswell, Ken Morgan, Alf Bush, Andrew Huggins


1. Revised paths between the Library and shops linking to new High Street crossing

2. Wider path across Recreation Ground around Rocket Park to a graded, wide path through the trees to Eldons Drove; safety barriers at end of path (Pond Walk)

3. Marked pedestrian paths and traffic signage on Eldons Drove

4. School Walk – Path to access the rear of the primary school field from Eldons Drove

5. Pharmacy Steps & surroundings – improvements/landscaping


  • DC Highways agreement on type of High Street crossing point and exact spec.
  • DC Highways confirmation plan is included in 2021/22 LTP
  • DC Highways confirmation of pathway spec. along Eldons Drove and inclusion in 2021/22 LTP

Status/Next Steps:

· LMPC to write to affected Eldons Drove houses advising of new pathway plan.

· Steps construction COMPLETED – Planting still to be completed

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date 8 0
Forecast 0 2
Total 8 2


Climate & Ecological Emergency Working Group – Summary Report, Sept 2021

Working Group Objective:

Following the Parish Council declaration of a Climate Change Emergency, identify, assess, and implement measures within the parish to reduce the carbon footprint of both LMPC and the community.

Working Group Participants:

Rob Carswell, Ralph Watts, Alf Bush, Beverly Barker, Roger Ong, Rosemary Russell, Adrian Russell, Max Scott, Matt Alexander


  1. Sports Pavilion upgrade with Low Carbon Dorset (LCD). The ‘whole building’ upgrade includes new doors, cavity wall & loft insulation, Solar PV, ASHP (Air source heat pump) to replace space & water heating system.


  • Co-ordinating the works around pavilion users.

Status/Next Steps:

Works already complete :

  • Air-to-air heat pump (to provide instant heat in main user space).
  • Solar array (26 PV panels)
  • Replacement of old, inefficient radiators & pipework
  • New thermally efficient doors, including fire door to comply with Building Regulations
  • Replacement of gas boiler with ASHP (Air Source Heat Pump)
  • Installing loft and cavity wall insulation
  • Fitting thermostats & controls + cage around ASHP unit
  • Fit PV diverter unit to directly heat hot water from PV-generated energy

Works to come:

  • PV battery storage (End of October)
Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date 0 0 ?
Forecast 0 34(1) ?
Total 0 34 ?

(1) Low Carbon Dorset grant = 40% contribution.


Huntick Rd Cycleway Working Group – Summary Report. Sept 2021

Working Group Objective:

To provide a dedicated safe cycle route to Lytchett Minster School and on to Poole from the village.

Working Group Participants:

Andrew Huggins, Alf Bush


1. The requirement for a dedicated cyclepath was included in the Lytchett Matravers Neighbourhood Plan and was unanimously approved at the referendum and subsequently adopted by Purbeck D.C.

2. The proposed route starts at the Rose & Crown crossroads and goes down Huntick Road. Preliminary agreement has been reached with Highways and the landowner to the north of Huntick Road.

3. The final stage from the Race Farm junction to Post Green and/or Dorchester Road is to be finalised.

4. LMPC to complete the next section to Jubilee Walk (linked to Selbys Yard decision).


· DC Highways confirmation on the full route, particularly after Race Farm.

· Confirmation of the LTP commitment within the Purbeck Local Plan, which includes the requirement for both DC and the developers to provide 150k each for local transport needs. This would be earmarked for the cyclepath.

Status/Next Steps:

· Met with LM and Upton Council + S Mepham 9 Feb (Zoom). LM+U want a path Randalls Hill to Courtyard. Some issues with narrow and flooding verges – they are investigating land ownership. That path could link to the Huntick Cyclepath for complete route to Poole/Wareham.

· First 180m across full width of site frontage on Huntick Road now complete.

· Contact affected Huntick Road houses advising of new cyclepath plan, including Selbys Yard decision.

· LM+U to pursue a path at bottom end to meet up with Huntick Cyclepath near Kitchermans cottage.

· WSP (DC’s consultant) are in early stages of investigation. We have now a copy of the brief provided to WSP It is very brief.

· Asked Highways to consider <3m width as that seems excessive. Helen Jackson advised that the National Standard for Cycleways calls for 3m width unless it is not practicable, although she acknowledged that this is not an urban location. But The preference is for 3m nonetheless.

· Requested advice from Highways if LMPC were to undertake next stretch to Jubilee Walk ourselves. Awaiting response – Still no response – will wait pending WSP report.

· Currently preparing a letter to Lord Rockley to update him on the project – still in progress.

· Advised 14 Sept by DC Highways that WSP report is due any time.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date
Forecast 30 150
Total 30 150


Village Environment Working Group – Summary Report. Sept 2021

Working Group Objective:

To identify areas of concern/opportunity within the physical environment of the Village and propose responses.

Working Group Participants:

Ken Morgan, Alf Bush, Andrew Huggins, Karen Korenevsky, Rob Carswell, Vicky Abbot (+ co-opted advisers Geoff Holland, Dr John Holland)


1. Rec – BMX track layout designed – met volunteer machine driver/contractor and ready to commence.. Quotations received for Dog Exercise Enclosure Fencing. Quotes required for Exercise Trail/Outdoor Gym. Developing detail designs for Boules Pitches+ other landscaping opportunities and stormwater attenuation. Potential conflict with football pitches to be resolved. Skate ramp mural in place – More to follow?

2. Hannams Close entrance enhancement (incl bin enclosure?). Discuss with management company.

3. Disabled Parking Bays in Upper Car Park.

4. Sports Area adjacent school on Dorset Council land. Joint project with School and Sports Club – Awaiting Dorset Council to respond with meeting date.

5. Wareham Rd/School traffic/parking – ideas developing in conjunction with Sports Area.

6. Trees – Management, Protection, New planting, Dedication +Sponsorship. Audit proposed. More trees.

7. Foxhills Green tree cutting back policy subject to public/neighbour consultation.

8. Play Area winter surface problems. Rocket Park ok till 21-22 winter. Foxhills to be addressed.

9. Eldons Drove Pond – Delay due to Japanese Knotweed. Treatment started.

10. Ongoing – Highways liaison, Monitor Footpaths, GGs, Street scene improvements, Biodiversity.

11. Finger post Renovations – Blaneys Corner pilot project – Roundel awaited. Private sponsorship. Intention to train volunteers and seek further sponsorship.

12. Guerilla Gardeners – ongoing path clearance/maintenance. Visible and appreciated.


· Hannams Close Mngmt Co. Dorset Council. Highways.

Status/Next Steps:

· Accept quote and fit Dog Area fencing + level/gravel Eldons Drove car Pk.

· Quotations for Rec projects – (Exercise equipment + dog hedge/fencing).

· Pond Area – Weed Treatment.

· Work up designs for Sports Area, Boules, Hannams/Rec entrance+ Rec landscaping/tree planting.

· GG projects – ongoing.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date 1.5 24
Forecast 31 ?
Total 1.5 55 ?


Superfast Broadband Working Group – Summary Report Sept 2021

Working Group Objective:

To improve Broadband connections for the properties in the village who have slower Broadband connections, but coordinating a Rural Gigabit Voucher Scheme.

Working Group Participants:

Andrew Huggins


1. Having been approached by some Lytchett residents who reported their broadband speed is pitifully slow, I worked with Dorset Superfast to identify properties with the slower connections.

2. The gigabit voucher scheme launched April 2021 provides £1500/ Residential properties and £3000 for businesses. Dorset Council have £1M available for scheme topups.

3. New scheme shows BH16 6 postcode area is INELIGIBLE. Eligible areas defined by DCMS.

4. Mailshot to all properties in the High Street, most Roads to the North of it, and Huntick estate and Palmers Orchard and Vineyard Close.

5. Openreach have quoted £274500 to provide FTTP to up to 457 identified properties.


  • We need enough residents to sign up to cover the scheme cost.
  • Parish Council, as a “Legal Entity” has to apply for the scheme and be prepared to underwrite any shortfall if households do not ultimately take out the required service (contract for 12 months).
  • If we get interest which equates to vouchers to the value of an extra >30% of the project cost (ie 130% of £274500 = £356850) then the Parish council is NOT required to underwrite the project.
  • Given the current level of expressed interest, we don’t have sufficient voucher value to cover the project cost WITHOUT Dorset Council topup, But topup is available form Dorset Council

Status/Next Steps:

· Openreach did suggest, once old scheme closed, that I consider adding to the scope of the project to include some more properties (Huntick Road) so I await the revised quote/proposal.

· We currently have 125 addresses of which 11 are businesses.

· We have emailed all Residents who had expressed an interest, informing them of the status, and have received many mails of thanks for the work we are doing on their behalf.

· We have contacted Michael Tomlinson’s office and Frances has assured me that they are pushing to challenge our exclusion, and Michael has personally spoken to the minister responsible for Broadband within DCMS. Michael’s office has given assurance of Michael having further meetings with ministers to challenge the decision for BH16 to be excluded.

· Sept 2021: Openreach have advised that they have no scheduled projects in Lytchett and we are still showing as ineligible on the Voucher website. I will pursue with our MP and Dorset Superfast.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date
Forecast 0 0
Total 0 0


Defibrillator Provision – Sept 2021

Working Group Objective:

To provide 24/7 Public Access Defibrillator provision throughout Lytchett Matravers. Also provide public information (training) and awareness of locations.

Working Group Participants:

Andrew Huggins, (Alan Cottman)


1. 3 years ago, through fundraising, LMPC purchased 3 Defibs and cabinets, one to be located at Chequers (Installed Apr 2020), one for the phone box opposite LMPS (Installed Apr 2020) and one for Abbots Court (Aster).

2. Tesco also have a Defib in a cabinet donated by LMPC. This is entirely the responsibility of Tesco as confirmed Jan 2021 by presence of Tesco Asset number on the Defib.

3. We have a signed agreement of responsibility between Chequers and LMPC, held by the clerk.

4. All installations are fully documented – document is by the clerk.

5. Chequers and Phone box Defibs registered with SWAST and “The Circuit” as of June 2021.

6. Currently Automated weekly monitoring is configured. That is only available for 12 months, then £250/year (probably not worth continuing).


· Agreement with Chequers and Aster remaining amicable.

· Equipment not becoming Vandalism target.

· Manual Monitoring currently being done by Village volunteer – if he steps down we will need to make other arrangements.

Status/Next Steps:

· Installation at Abbots Court completed. Agreement between Aster and LMPC signed by both parties and stored by Parish Clerk. Installation registered with “The Circuit”.

· Documentation for the installation updated and stored with the Parish Clerk.

· Launched publicity campaign “Know where your nearest Defib is”

o Website page is now up

o 4 x banners (2m x 1m) are now being displayed. Will continue relocating weekly through Sept & Oct.

o Parish Mag article including cover page with green hearts £30

o Postcards printed and delivered. Thanks to all those doing the deliveries.

· Currently seeking someone who can do public training sessions

· Need to check the village volunteer is still completing the monthly checks.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date 0.5
Forecast 0.25 0
Total 0.5 0.25 0

Full Minutes 210922.docx

Full Council minutes 22 September 2021