Minutes of the Meeting of LYTCHETT MATRAVERS PARISH COUNCIL

Wednesday 25 August 2021 at 7:00 in the Village Hall.

PRESENT were A Bush (Chairman), M Colvey, A Huggins, K Morgan, V Abbott, R Carswell, and K Korenevsky and Mrs Hole (Locum Parish Clerk).

Also present: Dorset Cllr A Brenton

No members of the public were present.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION (Standing orders suspended)

There was none.

DORSET COUNCILLORS’ REPORT

Dorset Cllr Brenton had forwarded a written report which the Parish Clerk had made available to all members. A copy is associated at Appendix 1 to these minutes.

Cllr Brenton advised that the Rempstone Estate has been given outline planning for 15 houses at Stoborough, the land is similar to flood plain land.

1. To receive and consider apologies for absence.

Apologies were received from Cllrs P Webb, B Barker, M Attridge, and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk)

Dorset Councillors B Pipe and A Starr also sent their apologies.

2. To receive any declarations of interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.

There were none.

3. To receive and resolve to approve minutes of Council meeting held on 28th July 2021.

It was RESOLVED by all present to approve the minutes as a true record of the meeting.

4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters (for the purposes of report only).

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk. Italics below indicate additional comments made during the meeting.

  1. Minute 12, 23 June 2021 – Submission to LM Village Environment Working Group of ideas for use of LM Angels’ surplus public donated funds. Minute 16, 28th July, recorded that Cllr Bush would write to LM Angels to advise that the Council’s view was that it may be best for the Parish Council to hold the money against future needs of local residents. Cllr Bush indicated that he would prepare such a letter. This has been sent but no response has yet been received.
  2. Minute 8, 28th July 2021 – Request to Dorset Council for a licence to install a path running from the junction at the head of steps adjacent to the Pharmacy to where the existing library path joins the High St pavement. A request for a licence to install the footpath has been made, Dorset Cllr Alex Brenton indicated that she would chase up the request with Mr Rupert Williams, (Development Manager Assets & Property, Dorset Council).

It was separately noted that the Parish Council has not been able to make progress with Dorset Council for the other works proposals which have been under discussion with them for some considerable time. Dorset Cllr Brenton also indicated that she would chase these up. Action: Dorset Cllr Alex Brenton to chase up the various land issues addressed in the meeting with Rupert Williams a year ago.

Minute 14, 28th July 2021 – to obtain two further quotes for fencing of a Dog Exercise Area on the Recreation Ground. This was reported to the August meeting of the F&GP Cttee. DISCHARGED.

It was noted that the originally requested quotation had been received, and that Cllr Morgan had subsequently asked for a revised quotation. The quotations are well within the budget that was approved at the last meeting.

5. Chairman’s announcements (for the purposes of report only).

The Council Chairman reminded members that he had previously circulated information on the application from Wyatts for 95 houses at the bottom of Wareham Road. It was noted that the Purbeck Local Plan has not yet been approved and that area is still categorised as Green Belt land.

Concerns were raised about the increase in traffic arising from this proposal, and the general lack of reference to infrastructure to accommodate the extra homes. The Chairman suggested that a small working group convene to discuss the application and prepare information to support the Council’s decision-making process on this proposal. Councillors interested in joining the group should email the Council Chairman.

Dorset Cllr Alex Brenton commented on the current status of The Purbeck Local Plan.

6. To receive and note the content of the minutes of the Finance & General purposes committee meeting on 11th August 2021 (for purposes of report only).

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of these draft minutes.

7. To consider the following recommendation from the Finance & General purposes committee meeting on 11th August 2021:

That the Parish Clerk is instructed to contact Unity Trust Bank to apply to open Current and Savings online accounts with dual authorisation. This is with the intention of transferring the council’s present banking arrangements with HSBC to Unity Trust Bank as soon as possible.

It was RESOLVED that the Parish Clerk should contact Unity Trust Bank to apply to open an online current account. The Parish Clerk is also asked to consider whether the savings account is still necessary before a decision is made on opening the savings account. Action: Parish Clerk to apply to Unity Trust Bank to open the online current account accordingly.

8. To receive a report from the Village Centre Working Group (for purposes of report only)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 2 to these minutes.

Pharmacy Steps – The pharmacy steps are in place and have appropriate signage. A final payment will be made in September and they will then be handed back formally. Cllr Carswell indicated he would ask the Council’s solicitor and the Pharmacy owner to confirm that the work has been accepted.

High Street – Highways have been asked if hay bales can be used as a trial to slow the traffic outside of the library on the High Street. The idea was discussed further, and other suggestions included the use of cones and safety barriers. All Cllrs were asked to think about the suggestions and come back with ideas.

Sports Pavilion – This is still work in progress, there has been a delay in getting the battery. Low Carbon Dorset have been asked if it will be possible to make a part claim against the grant for the work that has been completed.

9. To receive a report from the Climate Change Emergency Working Group (for purposes of report only).

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 3 to these minutes.

10. To receive a report from the Huntick Road Cycleway Working Group (for purposes of report only)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 4 to these minutes. It was noted that Cllr Huggins is still working on the letter to Lord Rockley.

11. To receive a report from the Village Environment Working Group (for purposes of report only)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 5 to these minutes.

Members’ particular attention was drawn to the following proposed initiatives on the Recreation Ground:

BMX area – The outstanding work will be chased. The skate ramp mural is in place, the working group will discuss how to get more murals painted.

Exercise Trail – Quotes are still needed, there is a meeting scheduled for September.

Football Club – The area for the pitches needs to be defined.

Hannams Close entrance – Representatives of the management company responsible for Hannams Close properties and associated land will be spoken to about the bin enclosure. The Management company agree the tree is dead and it can be removed. The Parish Clerk has contacted a tree surgeon for a report on this tree and to establish the cost of having it removed. It was confirmed that there is currently a designated bin area. The residents have been asked to use the bin store at all times.

Foxhills Green – There will be a public consultation on the cutting back / management of trees around on the boundary of the open space. The intention is to write to occupiers of every house on the perimeter and to follow-up with visits to answer questions and obtain further feedback.

Eldons Drove Pond – The current Knotweed treatment appears to be working.

12. To receive and note an update on the initiative to widen the provision of superfast broadband within the parish (for the purposes of report only)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 6 to these minutes.

Cllr Huggins commented that it is still showing that Lytchett Matravers is not eligible for the latest Gigabit scheme; and also that four companies are operating in the area. Cllr Huggins has emailed BT OpenReach to see if they can offer any more information.

13. To receive an update on Defib provision (for purposes of report only) (To include a proposal for expenditure of up to £200 on a local defibrillator public awareness campaign)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting and the contents were noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 7 to these minutes.

It was explained that the proposal is to produce banners and postcards, as well as enhancing the local defibrillator information available on the Parish Council Website. A suggestion was made to also target the community Facebook page.

It was RESOLVED to go ahead with a local public awareness campaign for the defibrillator with expenditure of up to £200.

14. To receive a report back on a contractor’s quote for marking parking bays in the whole of the ‘upper’ car park in the High Street.

Cllr Morgan had circulated a plan for marking the parking bays. A quote had been received for £300 (+ VAT) for marking out two disabled bays.

It was RESOLVED that the Parish Council would proceed with two marked disabled bays. Action: Cllr Carswell to inform Cllr Morgan if this is able to be done for less than £300 (+ VAT).

15. To consider a proposed prioritisation of the list of dropped kerbs which had been included in the paper considered by the Council on 23rd June 2021.

Cllr Huggins had made a paper covering a prioritisation of the original list available to all members ahead of the meeting. Members were reminded that the original report submitted to Dorset Council Highways had requested 7 pairs of dropped kerbs or 12-14 tarmac sloped ramps. DC Highways had responded to indicated that they only had resource to provide 4 pairs of dropped kerbs. Cllr Huggins’ paper suggested the priorities to be as follows:

  • High Street by the courtyard,
  • the junction of Chapel Drive,
  • Ancotts close and
  • Castle Farm Road.

Cllr Colvey suggested that a dropped kerb is looked at on Huntick Estate because only one side of the road has been done. Cllr Huggins agreed to check this.

On a separate matter, it was remarked that a camper van is continuously parked opposite the bus stop on Wareham Rd near the Rose & Crown PH. It was noted that public money had recently been spent to raise the pavement to enable disabled bus users to access the bus more easily, but the location of the camper van means the bus has to pull in further down, thereby rendering the raised pavement unavailable for its intended purpose. The Parish Clerk was asked to write to the owners of the camper van to request that they park the van elsewhere to allow for disabled access to the bus stop and raised kerb. The Council Chairman indicated that he would review the situation and draft the letter. Action: Council Chairman and Parish Clerk to liaise to prepare and send the necessary letter.

16. To consider planning application 6/2021/0259 Land at Tower Farm Colehill Road Lytchett Matravers BH16 6BS. Erect an agricultural building

The Council members noted that the site is a single field ownership which already has some buildings on it. This proposed additional large structure would be cut in to a steep north facing slope and built up on high mound at lower end – making it prominent in long views from west. The field has limited level ground and falls off very steeply northwards, giving it very limited agricultural potential.

After some discussion the Council wished to OBJECT to this proposal on the grounds that the site is inappropriate development within the greenbelt and contrary to planning policy – with no exceptional circumstances to justify this additional building.

17. To consider planning application 6/2021/0306 15 Ballard Close Lytchett Matravers Dorset Bh16 6EW. Single Storey Side (Front) Extension

NO OBJECTION.

18. To consider planning application 6/2021/0266 Abbots Court Huntick Estate Lytchett Matravers BH16 6LH. Installation of bin storage units and a scooter storage unit.

NO OBJECTION.

19. To consider planning application 6/2021/0269 Plough Point Farm Dolmans Hill Lytchett Matravers BH16 6HP. Change of use of Barn One (6/2016/0144) and its curtilage from agricultural use to a mixed use for agricultural and small plant machinery for hire

It was noted that the site of this proposal is outside of the village settlement boundary within Green Belt. Members also noted that despite an objection by the Parish Council at the time on the grounds of the size of the development relative to a small land holding, the barns which are the subject of this latest proposal were granted Planning Permission by the LPA for agricultural use (06/2018/0194).

The Parish Council wishes to OBJECT to this latest proposal on the basis of inappropriate development in the Green Belt based on the following reasoning:

Plant hire is not an agricultural use. If the buildings are already being used for that purpose, or are proposed to be used in that way, it appears this demonstrates that they were larger than necessary for their originally proposed agricultural purpose. In addition, if the plant hire enterprise is necessary for business viability, then this seems to demonstrate that the original case put forward for the buildings was not justified.

More generally, the Parish Council wishes to express its concern about incremental erosion of the Green Belt in this area. Dolmans Hill features several buildings which have been allowed as necessary for agricultural use, and then later found to be redundant and subsequently granted PP for other uses which are normally unacceptable in Green Belt. This application is considered to be another example of that same process.

20. To consider planning application 6/2021/0260 Kiln Cottage Lime Kiln Road Lytchett Matravers Dorset BH16 6EL. Demolish existing garage, erect 1 No 4 bedroom chalet bungalow with garage. Erect new double garage for Kiln Cottage

In summary, the Parish Council wishes to OBJECT to this proposal on the grounds that it is harmful to the setting of a Listed Building (PLP Policy LHH) and that the proposed new dwelling is considered inappropriate in its scale and style, and overtly suburban in its form which further detracts from the parent dwelling. The reasoning is as follows:

It is noted that the property which is the subject of this application is a Listed Building – probably dating to the 17thC. Examination of the historical OS map for 1888 shows that the curtilage has been intact since at least that date. Consequently, this represents a rare remnant of Lytchett Matravers’ village origins, and is now bounded by mid 20thC suburban development. It was also noted that a number of substantial oak trees along road frontage were recently felled prior to this application. It is evident from the application that other trees at the east end of the curtilage are proposed to be removed to facilitate the new garage. Taken together the effect of this is to substantially damage a large proportion of the original curtilage.

The Parish Council also noted that there is no parallel application covering the listed building requirements, neither do the application documents published online include a Heritage Statement. The Council understands both of these to be essential requirements for any proposal affecting a Listed Building.

21. To resolve to approve the following payments already made:

To Whom For What Net VAT Total
BT Office phone and broadband – July 21 52.40 10.48 62.88
Octopus Energy Sports Pavilion electricity charge for period 1st- 31st July 2021 12.79 0.64 13.43

It was RESOLVED to approve the above payments already made.

22. To resolve to approve the following payments due:

To Whom For What Net VAT Total
T Watton Clerk’s salary – August (12 equal monthly payments by SO) 969.41 0.00 969.41
Dorset County Pension Fund LGPS pension contrib August 2021 383.38 0.00 383.38
T Homer Handyman duties July 2021 391.50 0.00 391.50
Ashley Security Ltd Padlock & chain for Club Hall car park gate. 46.09 9.22 55.31
Idverde Ltd Grass cutting, southern end of rec. Inv 10814132, cuts 1st, 15th and 29th July 21 72.00 14.40 86.40

It was RESOLVED to approve all of the above payments.

23. To note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month (for purposes of report only).

Cllrs Attridge, Barker, Bush, Huggins, Korenevsky, Morgan and Webb had attended the online training session on the new code of conduct / new online declaration of interests process / new DC complaints procedure. Cllr Abbott is booked on the course on 7th Sept. Cllrs Carswell and Colvey are still to advise their booked dates for this training.

24. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents (for purposes of report only).

There were none.

25. Correspondence (for purposes of report only).

None in addition to the emailed items forwarded to members during the month.

26. To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.

The next full council meeting is scheduled to take place online on Wednesday 22nd September 2021 at 7pm in the village hall.

The meeting closed at 21:05 Annotated by/on ……………………………..Signed by……………………

Appendices

APPENDIX 1

Dorset Ward Cllrs Report for August Full Council meeting.

Win on Waste is intending to re-start on Saturday 11 September 10-11.30am on the patio at the back of the Library. Then 2nd Saturday of the month until Christmas.

The Library is keen to see us back but is concerned about spacing and Covid precautions. We will be collecting a limited range of items to avoid confusion and litter and double sorting.

Pill blister packs, Aluminium foil, Plastic pens and markers, Toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes, Empty flat crisp packets, Stamps, Inkjet cartridges and mobile phones.

We will try to work outside but if weather is horrendous the session will be cancelled. I am asking the Village Hall and the Scout Hall if they would consider us using their hall in future..

No dropping off items at the library in advance.

All crisp packets should be kept flat and open ends together.

No food packaging apart from crisps/ potato products.

More details from Cllralex.brenton or Karen Hesketh on Facebook LM Community page

Summer in Dorset has been providing play opportunities for children in Dorset on Free School Meals, it has been very popular and used the Outdoor education service widely such as Cranborne Ancient history centre Carey Camp and Leeson House., which at least has proved that Dorset needs to continue this service, which has been threatened with financial cuts in the past.

The Highways team are out and about mending road edges and potholes with some good resurfacing work – such as the B3075 Park Corner to Wareham.

The new highly expensive gully hosing machines should improve the state of dykes and grips and drains in the Autumn leaf fall. They are self-propelled and can get to many more problem areas .

One hundred people in Dorset who need social care are to be monitored by artificial intelligence (AI) as part of a three-month pilot.

Sensors installed in homes will track behaviour and electricity usage which the AI will analyse to spot potential health problems.

People discharged from hospital often require care and support during their recovery, particularly those with joint replacements or conditions such as diabetes, dementia, long Covid and chronic fatigue syndrome, also known as ME.

In the Dorset pilot, each participant will have an average of between six and nine sensors installed in their homes, said Nick Weston, chief commercial officer at Lilli.

The devices monitor movement, temperature and the use of specific appliances but there are no cameras.

It can look at how often they put the kettle on, how often they open the fridge, Because they are monitoring on an individual level, it would see small changes in behaviour."

But one expert said the scheme might feel invasive to some patients.

RELENTLESS COMMUNITY FUND – TO REDUCE ANTISOCIAL BEHAVOUR (ASB)

The Police & Crime Commissioner is delighted to launch this new scheme as part of his initial 100 days in office.

Tackling ASB is a key priority of the PCC therefore the purpose of the scheme is to support local projects and initiatives that reduce ASB and increase public feeling of safety in areas disproportionately affected by ASB.

Funding applications are being welcomed between 09 August 2021 and 04 October 2021

Bridport Town councillors have slammed Dorset Council over its approach in considering climate change within planning applications, calling their handling a ‘denial of democracy’ and ‘undermining efforts’.

Bridport Town Council has urged Dorset Council to adopt a more flexible approach when considering planning applications for energy reduction measures to address the climate crisis, particularly on listed buildings. The town council submitted a letter to Dorset Council’s portfolio holder for planning, David Walsh, in which town councillors described the climate crisis as being of ‘overriding public importance’ and called for a review of the way the planning policy is interpreted so that measures such as double glazing and solar panels can be fitted to listed buildings and other heritage assets.

Dorset Cllr Alex Brenton.

APPENDIX 2

Village Centre Working Group – Summary Report. August 2021

Working Group Objective:

To provide a safe green integrated route through the village from Ancott Close, across the Recreation Ground, along Eldons Drove and to the Primary School (Eldons Drove Lane).

Working Group Participants:

Rob Carswell, Ken Morgan, Alf Bush, Andrew Huggins

Details:

1. Revised paths between the Library and shops linking to new High Street crossing

2. Wider path across Recreation Ground around Rocket Park to a graded, wide path through the trees to Eldons Drove; safety barriers at end of path (Pond Walk)

3. Marked pedestrian paths and traffic signage on Eldons Drove

4. School Walk – Path to access the rear of the primary school field from Eldons Drove

5. Pharmacy Steps & surroundings – improvements/landscaping

Dependencies:

  • DC Highways agreement on type of High Street crossing point and exact spec.
  • DC Highways confirmation plan is included in 2021/22 LTP
  • DC Highways confirmation of pathway spec. along Eldons Drove and inclusion in 2021/22 LTP

Status/Next Steps:

· LMPC to write to affected Eldons Drove houses advising of new pathway plan.

· Steps construction COMPLETED – Planting still to be completed

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date 8 0
Forecast 0 2
Total 8 2

APPENDIX 3

Climate & Ecological Emergency Working Group – Summary Report, August 2021

Working Group Objective:

Following the Parish Council declaration of a Climate Change Emergency, identify, assess, and implement measures within the parish to reduce the carbon footprint of both LMPC and the community.

Working Group Participants:

Rob Carswell, Ralph Watts, Alf Bush, Beverly Barker, Roger Ong, Rosemary Russell, Adrian Russell, Max Scott, Matt Alexander

Details:

  1. Sports Pavilion upgrade with Low Carbon Dorset (LCD). The ‘whole building’ upgrade includes new doors, cavity wall & loft insulation, Solar PV, ASHP (Air source heat pump) to replace space & water heating system.

Dependencies:

  • Co-ordinating the works around pavilion users.

Status/Next Steps:

Works already complete :

  • Air-to-air heat pump (to provide instant heat in main user space).
  • Solar array (26 PV panels)
  • Replacement of old, inefficient radiators & pipework
  • New thermally efficient doors, including fire door to comply with Building Regulations
  • Replacement of gas boiler with ASHP (Air Source Heat Pump)
  • Installing loft and cavity wall insulation

Works to come:

  • Fitting thermostats & controls + cage around ASHP unit (Beginning of Sept)
  • Fit PV diverter unit to directly heat hot water from PV-generated energy (beginning of Sept)
  • PV battery storage (End of October)
Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date 0 0 ?
Forecast 0 34(1) ?
Total 0 34 ?

(1) Low Carbon Dorset grant = 40% contribution.

APPENDIX 4

Huntick Rd Cycleway Working Group – Summary Report. August 2021

Working Group Objective:

To provide a dedicated safe cycle route to Lytchett Minster School and on to Poole from the village.

Working Group Participants:

Andrew Huggins, Alf Bush

Details:

1. The requirement for a dedicated cyclepath was included in the Lytchett Matravers Neighbourhood Plan and was unanimously approved at the referendum and subsequently adopted by Purbeck D.C.

2. The proposed route starts at the Rose & Crown crossroads and goes down Huntick Road. Preliminary agreement has been reached with Highways and the landowner to the north of Huntick Road.

3. The final stage from the Race Farm junction to Post Green and/or Dorchester Road is to be finalised.

4. LMPC to complete the next section to Jubilee Walk (linked to Selbys Yard decision).

Dependencies:

· DC Highways confirmation on the full route, particularly after Race Farm.

· Confirmation of the LTP commitment within the Purbeck Local Plan, which includes the requirement for both DC and the developers to provide 150k each for local transport needs. This would be earmarked for the cyclepath.

Status/Next Steps:

· Met with LM and Upton Council + S Mepham 9 Feb (Zoom). LM+U want a path Randalls Hill to Courtyard. Some issues with narrow and flooding verges – they are investigating land ownership. That path could link to the Huntick Cyclepath for complete route to Poole/Wareham.

· First 180m across full width of site frontage on Huntick Road now complete.

· Contact affected Huntick Road houses advising of new cyclepath plan, including Selbys Yard decision.

· LM+U to pursue a path at bottom end to meet up with Huntick Cyclepath near Kitchermans cottage.

· WSP (DC’s consultant) are in early stages of investigation. We have now a copy of the brief provided to WSP It is very brief.

· Asked Highways to consider <3m width as that seems excessive. Helen Jackson advised that the National Standard for Cycleways calls for 3m width unless it is not practicable, although she acknowledged that this is not an urban location. But The preference is for 3m nonetheless.

· Requested advice from Highways id LMPC were to undertake next stretch to Jubilee Walk ourselves. Awaiting response – Still no response – will wait pending WSP report.

· Currently preparing a letter to Lord Rockley to update him on the project – still in progress.

· Chased Helen Jackson 22/Aug for update on investigations by WSP.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date
Forecast 30 150
Total 30 150

APPENDIX 5

Village Environment Working Group – Summary Report. August 2021

Working Group Objective:

To identify areas of concern/opportunity within the physical environment of the Village and propose responses.

Working Group Participants:

Ken Morgan, Alf Bush, Andrew Huggins, Karen Korenevsky, Rob Carswell, Vicky Abbot (+ co-opted advisers Geoff Holland, Dr John Holland)

Details:

1. Rec – BMX track layout designed – met volunteer machine driver/contractor and ready to commence.. Quotations received for Dog Exercise Enclosure Fencing. Quotes required for Exercise Trail/Outdoor Gym. Developing detail designs for Boules Pitches+ other landscaping opportunities and stormwater attenuation. Potential conflict with football pitches to be resolved. Skate ramp mural in place – More to follow?

2. Hannams Close entrance enhancement (incl bin enclosure?). Discuss with management company.

3. Disabled Parking Bays in Upper Car Park.

4. Sports Area adjacent school on Dorset Council land. Joint project with School and Sports Club – Awaiting Dorset Council to respond with meeting date.

5. Wareham Rd/School traffic/parking – ideas developing in conjunction with Sports Area.

6. Trees – Management, Protection, New planting, Dedication +Sponsorship. Audit proposed. More trees.

7. Foxhills Green tree cutting back policy subject to public/neighbour consultation.

8. Play Area winter surface problems. Rocket Park ok till 21-22 winter. Foxhills to be addressed.

9. Eldons Drove Pond – Delay due to Japanese Knotweed. Treatment started.

10. Ongoing – Highways liaison, Monitor Footpaths, GGs, Street scene improvements, Biodiversity.

11. Finger post Renovations – Blaneys Corner pilot project – Roundel awaited. Private sponsorship. Intention to train volunteers and seek further sponsorship.

12. Guerilla Gardeners – ongoing path clearance/maintenance. Visible and appreciated.

Dependencies:

· Sports/Football Club. Hannams Close Mngmt Co. Dorset Council. Highways.

Status/Next Steps:

· Accept quote and fit Dog Area fencing + level/gravel Eldons Drove car Pk.

· Markings for 2 x Disabled Pkg Bays in Upper Car Park.

· Quotations for Rec projects – (Exercise equipment + dog hedge/fencing).

· Pond Area – Weed Treatment.

· Work up designs for Sports Area, Boules, Hannams/Rec entrance+ Rec landscaping/tree planting.

· GG projects – ongoing.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date 1.5 24
Forecast 31 ?
Total 1.5 55 ?

APPENDIX 6

Superfast Broadband Working Group – Summary Report August 2021

Working Group Objective:

To improve Broadband connections for the properties in the village who have slower Broadband connections, but coordinating a Rural Gigabit Voucher Scheme.

Working Group Participants:

Andrew Huggins

Details:

1. Having been approached by some Lytchett residents who reported their broadband speed is pitifully slow, I worked with Dorset Superfast to identify properties with the slower connections.

2. The gigabit voucher scheme launched April 2021 provides £1500/ Residential properties and £3000 for businesses. Dorset Council have £1M available for scheme topups.

3. New scheme shows BH16 6 postcode area is INELIGIBLE. Eligible areas defined by DCMS.

4. Mailshot to all properties in the High Street, most Roads to the North of it, and Huntick estate and Palmers Orchard and Vineyard Close.

5. Openreach have quoted £274500 to provide FTTP to up to 457 identified properties.

Dependencies:

  • We need enough residents to sign up to cover the scheme cost.
  • Parish Council, as a “Legal Entity” has to apply for the scheme and be prepared to underwrite any shortfall if households do not ultimately take out the required service (contract for 12 months).
  • If we get interest which equates to vouchers to the value of an extra >30% of the project cost (ie 130% of £274500 = £356850) then the Parish council is NOT required to underwrite the project.
  • Given the current level of expressed interest, we don’t have sufficient voucher value to cover the project cost WITHOUT Dorset Council topup, But topup is available form Dorset Council

Status/Next Steps:

· Openreach did suggest, once old scheme closed, that I consider adding to the scope of the project to include some more properties (Huntick Road) so I await the revised quote/proposal.

· We currently have 125 addresses of which 11 are businesses.

· We have emailed all Residents who had expressed an interest, informing them of the status, and have received many mails of thanks for the work we are doing on their behalf.

· We have contacted Michael Tomlinson’s office and Frances has assured me that they are pushing to challenge our exclusion, and Michael has personally spoken to the minister responsible for Broadband within DCMS. Michael’s office has given assurance of Michael having further meetings with ministers to challenge the decision for BH16 to be excluded.

· Aug 2021: The Voucher Eligibility Website now shows 4 companies being “active” in the BH16 6 postcode area. An email has been sent to our contact at Openreach to see if they can provide more information on scheduled upgrades in our area. The contact at Openreach is OOO until early Sept.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date
Forecast 0 0
Total 0 0

APPENDIX 7

Defibrillator Provision – August 2021

Working Group Objective:

To provide 24/7 Public Access Defibrillator provision throughout Lytchett Matravers. Also provide public information (training) and awareness of locations.

Working Group Participants:

Andrew Huggins, (Alan Cottman)

Details:

1. 3 years ago, through fundraising, LMPC purchased 3 Defibs and cabinets, one to be located at Chequers (Installed Apr 2020), one for the phone box opposite LMPS (Installed Apr 2020) and one for Abbots Court (Aster).

2. Tesco also have a Defib in a cabinet donated by LMPC. This is entirely the responsibility of Tesco as confirmed Jan 2021 by presence of Tesco Asset number on the Defib.

3. We have a signed agreement of responsibility between Chequers and LMPC, held by the clerk.

4. All installations are fully documented – document is by the clerk.

5. Chequers and Phone box Defibs registered with SWAST and “The Circuit” as of June 2021.

6. Currently Automated weekly monitoring is configured. That is only available for 12 months, then £250/year (probably not worth continuing).

Dependencies:

· Agreement with Chequers and Aster remaining amicable.

· Equipment not becoming Vandalism target.

· Manual Monitoring currently being done by Village volunteer – if he steps down we will need to make other arrangements.

Status/Next Steps:

· Installation at Aster (Abbots Court) scheduled for Thursday 26th Aug. Once in, it will be registered with SWAST/The Circuit, and the documentation held by the clerk will be updated.

· Agreement between LMPC and Aster to be signed and stored by the clerk.

· Request Village volunteer to add Aster installation to his monthly checks.

o Publicity Campaign “Know where your nearest Defib is”

o Website; Facebook; Banners (2m x 1m), one per defib, to be erected and moved around to promote awareness.; Parish Mag article; Postcard Drop?

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date 0.5
Forecast 0.25 0
Total 0.5 0.25 0

Full Minutes 210825.docx

Full Council minutes 25th August 2021