Meeting of Full Council, Weds 25th October 2023 at 7.00 p.m. in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall.

PRESENT were A Bush (Council Chair), V Abbott, R Aspray, B Barker, K Morgan, P Webb, and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk / RFO).

Also present: Dorset Cllr A Brenton and one member of the public.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION (Standing orders suspended)

A resident queried the level of holdings in the Council’s bank accounts in relation to the FSCS protection for deposits of up to £85,000 – and of the timings of transfers from the Council’s UTB account to its other accounts. The Council chair explained how the deposits were modified, and the timings of recent transfers. This matter is also addressed in minute 6 vii below.


Dorset Cllr Brenton provided a verbal report covering the following matters:

Housing Support Fund – Round 4 of the HSF will open for applications at 10am on Thursday 2 November 2023 for low-income households in the Dorset Council area. As before it is best to apply quickly as the funds do not last long.

Beryl Bikes are beginning to be used in Upton and Lytchett Minster. The Heights road and Sandy lane areas have seen regular use.

Update from Home office on the Bibby Stockholm barge in Portland harbour The barge complies with health and fire safety requirements. The Home Office has begun to move people back on the Bibby Stockholm in Portland (from today, Thursday 19 October).

The Home Office has released a media statement: Statement on the Bibby Stockholm – 19/10/2023 – Home Office in the media (blog.gov.uk) Dorset NHS has also published a statement: https://nhsdorset.nhs.uk/ongoing-health-care-for-the-residents-of-bibby-stockholm/

Putting our best foot forward – Smarter socks that could revolutionise patient care: Our Dorset, the Dorset Integrated Care System, has signed up to trial an innovative new product – the Milbotix SmartSocks – which can help sense when people with dementia or autism are in distress. The socks, which track heart rate, sweat, temperature and motion, aim to enable those caring for people to intervene before issues escalate.

Home Upgrade Grant in Dorset: a government-funded scheme helping homeowners and landlords improve the energy efficiency of their homes. The scheme is for households who do not use mains gas for heating, are on a low income, and have a low energy rating could be eligible for grants for energy-saving measures. To meet the criteria of a low income, households must receive a means-tested benefit, have a combined income of less than £31,000 before tax, or live in an eligible postcode area.

Winter coats appeal: Dorset Council is encouraging residents to donate clean and undamaged children’s coats, hats, and gloves for those aged 0-16. Any collections will be gathered and go to Children’s Centre for children and parents to collect essential winter clothing.

Lidl at Sandford – Will be coming before the Planning committee soon.

Nutrient Mitigation. Cllr Andrew Starr asked a question at DC Full Council about the possible effect on Dorset of the Government’s proposed plan to lift the moratorium on new development in Poole Harbour catchment. It is understood that the legislation is not yet finalised.

1. To receive and consider apologies for absence.

Cllrs M Attridge, A Huggins, K Korenevsky, and H Khanna. Dorset Cllr B Pipe & A Starr also sent their apologies.

2. To receive any declarations of interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.

None declared in relation to matters on the agenda of this meeting.

3. To consider any applications for the casual vacancy on the Parish Council.

None received.

4. To receive and resolve to approve minutes of Council meeting held on 27th September 2023.

It was RESOLVED to approve the minutes of this meeting as true records of it. The minutes were duly signed by the Council Chair.

5. To receive and resolve to approve minutes of the LM Staffing Committee meetings held on 5th September and 10th October 2023.

It was RESOLVED to approve the minutes of these meetings as true record of them. The minutes were duly signed by the Council Chair.

6. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters on the minutes of the Full Council meetings (for purposes of report only).

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk. Italics below indicate additional comments made during the meeting.

  1. Minute 17, Full Council 10th Aug 2022 – dog exercise area. Actions:

Removal of the bramble roots and re-seeding with grass.

At the Full Council meeting on 27th September 2023 the Council members decided that as this work had still not been done, the Guerrilla Gardeners would be asked to strim back as far as they could – thereby gradually increasing the area of exposed ground so that grass can grow and it can then be progressively included in the area to be mowed. DISCHARGED.

  1. Minute 20.1, 22nd Feb 2023 – communication of outcome of grant request and the confirmation of Council responsibility for churchyard maintenance including the boundary wall. Regarding the matter of the repair work to the wall, at the Full Council meeting on 27th September the parish Clerk was asked to write to Mr Carter (Fabric Chair, St Mary’s Church) to ask whether a third quote is still to be expected, and if not to then confirm the selected one to do the work.Mr Carter responded to say that efforts to obtain the third quote had not been successful. On the basis that he had experience of the satisfactory work of both of the other two contractors who had quoted, he indicated St Mary’s Church preference for the lower quote of the two, from Barley Manor Heritage. This matter is therefore the subject of a separate agenda item below.

Regarding the action plan for other cemetery / churchyard maintenance matters which had been developed from the site meeting held in July 2023, this was reviewed at the October 2023 Finance & General Purposes Committee meeting and is therefore now reported and monitored through that forum. DISCHARGED

  1. Minute 6, Extraordinary Full Council meeting, 12th April 2023 – to open bank account with The Charity Bank. The application was submitted at the end of July, but a response during August advised of a shortcoming with the ID sent in support of one of the signatories – despite the same ID being sent to Lloyds with no problem. In view of the activation of the Lloyds account and the update of the mandate for the Santander accounts it was agreed to resubmit the ID documents in question. In subsequent communication between the Parish Clerk and the Council Chairman a local solicitor who is a resident in Lytchett Matravers was identified as suitable to certify Cllr Morgan’s submitted ID documents (Passport and driving Licence). Receipt of the certified documents are now awaited – to be forwarded to Charity Bank to enable them to conclude the account opening process. It was agreed that Cllr Morgan would arrange for this to be done and that he would then pass the verified documents to the Parish Clerk to send off. Action: Cllr Morgan to arrange this accordingly.
  2. Minute 29, Full Council 26th July 2023 – continued failure of Aster Housing to maintain their children’s play area between Lockyers Way and The Spinney, or the pathways around it and the pathway connecting Abbotts Court and Wareham Rd. At the Full Council meeting on 27th September 2023 it was suggested that the Parish Clerk should write to Aster Housing Association with a Freedom of Information request asking for copies of the last two annual ROSPA Safety Inspection reports related to the playground and any other documents arising from those inspections – i.e. concerning the actions Aster Housing Association undertook, or commissioned to be undertaken on their behalf, to deal with the issues arising from the annual safety inspections.

However, it was subsequently discovered that that the government has rejected an amendment to the Social Housing (Regulation) Bill to bring housing associations under the Freedom of Information Act.

Consequently the Clerk then wrote to the company to point out that they have a duty under Sections 3 and 4 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to ensure the health and safety of play area users, so far as is reasonably practicable. The Clerk also reminded Aster that the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (1999) require regular risk assessments of facilities, a safety policy for meeting the risks, and appropriate training; and also that The Occupier’s Liability Act (1957, Revised 1984) requires that people can expect to be reasonably safe when using a playground.

In the light of the above, and as a matter of public interest, the Parish Clerk asked when the company had last arranged for a professional safety risk inspection to RoSPA standards to be carried out on the playground in question. He also stated that the Parish Council would be very interested to see a copy of the inspection report, as well as the plan of actions to be taken in response to the points raised in that inspection report.

The response from Aster was somewhat vague in that it neither specifically addressed the request for the details of any professional RoSPA inspection, nor provided a copy of the report of any inspection which may have taken place. Instead their representative responded after a personal visit to the playground on 5th October 2023, during which he had noted “a couple of small defects to the equipment that require some maintenance, both of which have already been raised as low risk recommendations following Asters Insurers Technical Inspection in March 2023.”

The representative of Aster went on to admit that…”the presentation of the site itself does require some further improvement, and I have arranged for the replenishment of the bark to the surface area and some repairs/replacement wooden poles to recently vandalised perimeter fencing of the playground, again both jobs have been raised for completion I will inform you of outcomes once completed.”

The full response from Aster which included the above was shared with the Chairs and Vice Chairs of Full Council and the F&GP Committee as well as with Dorset Cllr Brenton. This was accompanied by a suggestion from the Parish Clerk that the Parish Council waits to see what action Aster actually take – with a view to reporting the matter to the HSE if the action taken is considered to fall short of that which would ensure users of the playground may be judged to be “reasonably safe when using a playground.” (Occupier’s Liability Act (1957, Revised 1984). Cllr Abbott agreed to monitor for any remedial action at the playground by Aster, and to then liaise with the Parish Clerk. Action: Cllr Abbott to monitor this and liaise with the Clerk accordingly.

  1. Minute 14, Full Council 27th September 2023 – To consider quotes received for a parish–wide survey of the health of all trees on Parish Council owned or managed land and to appoint a contractor to undertake the survey.

The Clerk wrote to the selected contractor, who responded to say that they do not tag the inspected trees. Consequently, following reporting this information to the Council chair and Vice Chair, the other contractor was appointed. The work commenced on Friday 20th October and should be completed by Friday 27th October 2023. DISCHARGED.

  1. Minute 17, Full Council 27th September 2023 – Actions arising from consideration of the summary report on and recommendations arising from the annual play equipment inspection reports

(a) Cllr Bush to arrange to visit to examine the section of high fence which is reported as loose and requiring a nut/bolt to be replaced. Cllr Bush reported that he had visited but had discovered that a number of extra bolts are needed. He indicated that he would attend to this. Action: Cllr Bush to visit with extra bolts to resolve this issue.

(b) Parish Clerk to speak to the Village Handyman regarding closer inspection and reporting of obstacles on / embedded in the surface of the BMX track. The Parish Clerk spoke to the Village Handyman, who noted this. DISCHARGED.

(c) Parish Clerk to speak to Sutcliffe Play (South West) Ltd to request that they order a replacement for the worn chain and damaged pendulum seat on the zip line. The Parish Clerk spoke to Sutcliffe Play about this and the order was placed. It was noted that this work has now been done. DISCHARGED.

  1. Minute 18, Full Council 27th September 2023 – Parish Clerk to arrange to transfer £60,000 each to the Council’s bank accounts with Lloyds, Santander and HSBC. It was subsequently noted that the HSBC accounts already have a total of over £85,000 in them. Consequently, in discussion with the Council Chair transfers of £85,000 were made from the Council’s Unity Trust bank account into its Santander and Lloyds bank accounts instead. DISCHARGED.
  2. Minute 24, Full Council 27th September 2023 – Cllr Bush to visit Foxhills Open Space in response to correspondence from a resident of Gibbs Green who had requested the removal of some shrubs and scrub on the Open Space adjacent to her rear garden which she suggested may be harbouring rats she has seen in her garden. Members noted that this visit is still to be made. Action: Cllr Bush to visit accordingly.

7. Chair’s announcements (for the purposes of report only).

The Council Chair announced the following:

· The vehicle collision which had resulted in damage to the heat pump at the Sports Pavilion – which will need to be completely replaced at a quoted cost of £6.5K. The matter has been reported to the Council’s insurers as a claim.

· He had met a representative of the men’s football team. They wish to make a donation of funds for any LM community use.

· Cllr Abbott has resigned as the LMPC representative to the Village Hall Management Committee (VHMC). Cllr Bush asked members to consider whether they would like to take on the role of representative to the VHMC. Cllr Morgan indicated that he would be willing to do so. The Chair of the VHMC will be informed accordingly.

· A social gathering on the evening of Friday 24th November for serving and past council members to mark the service of Tim Watton, the outgoing Parish Clerk.

8. To receive and note the content of the minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee Meeting on 11th October 2023 (for purposes of report only)

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of these draft minutes.

9. To consider the following recommendations from the F&GP Cttee meeting on 11th October 2023

(i) That an order is placed for a suitable quantity of play area bark chips to be delivered during November.

RESOLVED to APPROVE. It was further discussed that the area in the gateways to the Dog Exercise area needs some treatment. Cllr Morgan suggested scraping back the soil in those entranceways and putting stone down before placing bark or some other top surfacing with will prevent it becoming muddy.

(ii) That the bench on Middle Rd at the junction with Old Pound Close is reinstated.

RESOLVED to APPROVE. Cllr Bush indicated that he would arrange to advise the residents of the adjacent property.

10. To consider planning application P/HOU/2023/05756 29 Rozalia Meadow Lytchett Matravers Dorset BH16 6GE. Removal of existing close-boarded fence to rear garden and install new fence and gate.


11. To receive a report from the Village Environment Working Group (for purposes of report only)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting. A copy of the report is associated at Appendix 2 to these minutes. With regards to the intended work to construct an enclosed / secure storage area between the Scout Hut and the Sports Pavilion Cllr Aspray wondered whether the works required planning permission. Cllr Morgan believed the Parish Council was able to undertake this without reference to the LPA, however he indicated that he would check it.

It was noted that grants of £200 per post were available from Dorset CPRE for fingerpost replacement projects.

12. To receive a report from the Highways Working Group (for purposes of report only)

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting. A copy of the report is associated at Appendix 3 to these minutes. It was noted that there had been no changes since the report made to the September Full Council meeting.

13. Receive a report from the Neighbourhood Plan 2 Working Group (for purposes of report only).

Nothing to report.

14. To receive a report from the Lytchett Matravers Youth Hall Working Group (for purposes of report only).

A summary report had been made available to all members ahead of this meeting. A copy of the report is associated at Appendix 3 to these minutes. Cllr Barker drew particular attention to the following matters requiring decisions / action – which the Council then considered.

a. LMYH ground maintenance: contractor to increase frequency and scope for grass cutting, clearing brambles/hedge line, stripping ivy, etc., from building & walls. Recommendation: LMYH R&M budget line to be increased for 2023-24 and arrange contractor visit asap. Cllr Bush indicated that he would speak to Mr Mills about this.

b. Car park flooding. Relevant groundwork required. LMYH WG to get quotes. Noted by Council

c. Cars in car park: LMPC to confirm current agreements and agree approach to future parking. Cllr Bush indicated that he would visit Gables Garage to discuss this matter with them.

d. Exterior window finish/external window trim: LMYH WG to get quotes. Noted by Council – for subsequent report back when quotes are obtained.

e. Gutters: adjustment/replacement needed to address spillage & wall damage. LMYH WG to get quotes. Noted by Council – for subsequent report back when quotes are obtained.

f. Outside lighting: lighting needed for car park to LMYH. PI & time delay mechanisms to be researched. Noted by Council – for subsequent report back on results of research.

g. Interior lighting: Upgrade centre lights to LED & check fire exit requirements. AEC (SW) to quote. Noted by Council – for subsequent report back when quotes are obtained.

15. To consider a recommendation on the management and organisation of LMYH via the proposed Charitable Incorporated Organisation.

A presentation on this matter was given by Mr Ong. After discussion the Council indicated its support for the establishment of the proposed Charitable Incorporated Organisation, with a nominee Trustee from the Parish Council, subject to a review of the final constitution.

16. To consider a request from Purbeck CAB to allow them to park their advice bus in the High St lower car park on a Monday afternoons in order to provide CAB advice sessions there in place of the session currently offered in the Library on Fridays (see proposal emailed to members on 28th Sept 2023).

This was APPROVED. Action: Parish Clerk to inform Purbeck CAB accordingly.

17. To note and consider for approval St Mary’s Church’s preferred contractor for the repairs to the Churchyard / cemetery wall, at a cost of £3385 (car park / churchyard wall) and £3180 (churchyard / cemetery wall) excluding VAT.

This was APPROVED. Action: Parish Clerk to inform Mr Carter accordingly.

18. To receive and note the current Clerk’s handover document – preliminary pre-audit version.

Receipt of this was noted. The Council Chair advised that the handover of the financial aspects will take place immediately after the Internal Audit on Friday 27th October. Members were encouraged to review the draft handover document and provide any comments to the Council Chair before the final handover of the administrative aspects on Tuesday 31st October 2023.

19. To consider a request from a resident to purchase and have a memorial bench installed on the Recreation Ground.

APPROVED in principle. It was noted that a suitable location is yet to be decided. Actions: (i) members to consider / suggest locations. (ii) Cllr Abbott to speak to the resident concerned about possible locations.

20. To resolve to approve the following payments already made:

To Whom For What Net VAT Total
Casterbridge Land Surveys Ltd Fee for topographical survey 995.00 199.00 1194.00
BT Office phone and broadband fee 55.98 11.19 67.17
SSE Car park lighting quarter 2 2023/24 15.61 0.77 16.38
Aerial Direct Monthly payment for 02 mobile phone monthly charge 11.00 2.20 13.20
Propel Finance Plc Monthly repayment for LMPC Clerk’s mobile phone – Oct 7.42 1.48 8.90
Unity Trust Bank Bank charges 04/06/23-03/09/23 25.05 0.00 25.05
HSBC Bank account fee Sept 2023 5.00 0.00 5.00

It was RESOLVED to approve the above payments already made.

21. To resolve to approve the following payments due:

To Whom For What Net VAT Total
T Watton Clerk’s salary – Oct 2023 Includes pay in lieu of leave not taken. 1633.89 0.00 1633.89
HMRC PAYE & ENI – Oct 2023. 603.21 0.00 603.21
Dorset County Pension Fund LGPS pension contrib Oct 2023 602.77 0.00 602.77
T Homer Handyman duties, Sept 2023 307.39 0.00 307.39
Idverde Ltd Cemetery maintenance Oct 2023 Inv 10895166 350.60 70.12 420.72
T Watton Reimbursement of expenditure incurred on behalf of Council 50.70 0.00 50.70
Caloo Ltd Inspection & Maintenance of exercise equipment 445.00 89.00 534.00
D & P Warr Trimming hedges – High St Car park and Eldons Drove rec boundary 125.00 25.00 150.00
K Morgan Reimbursement for expenditure on the Council’s behalf on materials for Youth Hall refurbishment (fire escape) June – Aug 2023 184.85 36.99 224.84

It was RESOLVED to approve all of the above payments.

22. To note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month (for purposes of report only).


23. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents (for purposes of report only).


24. To notecorrespondence received (for purposes of report only).

Cllr Barker reported on correspondence she had received form a resident expressing her appreciation for the Dog Exercise area.

The meeting closed at 21:20 Annotated by/on ……………………………..Signed by……………………


Summary Report – Village Environment WG – October 2023

Working Group Objective:

· Development and improvement of village amenities, principally within PC control

· Particular focus on Recreation Ground + Library Green areas + School Car Park/Sports Project.

Working Group Participants:

Ken Morgan, Alf Bush, Andrew Huggins, Karen Korenevsky, Vicky Abbot, Hannah Khanna

· Details:- Hannams Gate, Pond, Sports Pav/Scout/TT works, Boules, Rocket Park, School C Pk/SpProject.

1. Hannams Gate. Design approved by PC. Details worked up for costing.

2. Sports/Scout Bldgs Entrances, Stores, Terrace + T Tennis. Design approved by PC. Possibly phase construction with priority to guard replacement heat pump.

3. Pond – Survey measurements + levels + detailed design required.

4. Boules/Petanque Pitches – Layout/positions agreed. Prepare tender docs.

5. Village Notice Board Replacement – Design approved by PC. Complete detailed design + tender.

6. Rocket Park – Surface – Continue with bark or replace with rubber compound – whole or part?

7. Finger Post Renovations – Progress on Upper X with discounted parts available. Assemble volunteer team for training + seek sponsorship. CPRE grant possibility.

8. Dog Area – additional planting required – Woodland Trust delivery imminent.

9. School Parking/Sports Project. Car park/School drop off layout issued for discussion.


Sports/Football Club. DC Highways. School. Funding/Grants.

Status/Next Steps:

· Complete detailed technical designs for Sports Pav/Scout Hut/PC stores + Terrace + Table Tennis, Notice Board + Hannams Gate – Invite tenders.

· Boules/Petanque Pitches + invite tenders.

· Pond– Clear vegetation, survey levels dims, develop + agree designs and invite tenders.

· Mobilise GGs to assist with dog area planting.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2023-24 2024-25 2025-26
Expense to date
Forecast Sp/Pav /TT/Terrace 55

Topo survey 1

Hannams Gate 5

Pond 15

Notice Board 5

Contingencies 20

Rocket Park Surface 80

Fingerposts 5

Contingencies 30

Total 101 115 ?

Appendix 1, Annexe A


To be read as Appendix A to VEWG Report October 23

The proposed works (approved 26.7.23) entail a variety of different trades and will also require the agreement of the Scout Group whose own alterations are known to be on hold pending adequate funds.

It is proposed therefore to split the works into 4x separate works packages as follows:-

1…Heat Pump Compound/Pavilion entrance. The heat pump has recently been severely damaged by a reversing vehicle. This was unexpected given its mesh protective cage which, in the event, proved inadequate. Therefore, erect the compound with its associated pavilion entrance door works as a first priority.

2… Sports Equipment Store. This forms a discrete stand-alone building project entailing straightforward structural framing with lightweight, non-insulated cladding (akin to industrial or agricultural sheds). The structural posts and roof framing can be either timber or steel, the choice being given to contactors on a design and build basis.

3…Terrace + Table Tennis. Although physically detached on opposite sides of the pavilion, each part comprises the construction of raised level platforms with guard railings to the edges. The 2x table tennis tables will be proprietory concrete units craned into place directly from the supplier’s transport.

4…Scout Hut Store. We do not yet know the precise requirements or resources of the Scout Group nor their proposed programme of alterations. It may be that the whole of the extension as drawn will not be required by them, or possibly part of it could become their required wheelchair accessible lavatory, or such a facility could be shared between users. Given this uncertainty, it is suggested that this should be a separate 4th phase.

The 4x proposed Phases are marked up on the plan below:-


Summary Report – Dorset Council Highways WG – October 2023

Working Group Objective:

Review of all Highways related projects and establishing close liaison with Dorset Council Highways.

Working Group Participants:

Andrew Huggins (Chair), Ken Morgan, Alf Bush, Peter Webb, Beverly Barker, Rob Aspray


PC projects that require Dorset Council Highways interaction and agreement. To set up a more formal working arrangement with DC Highways to progress those projects.


DC Highways approval and partial funding

Status/Next Steps:

1. School Crossing – Highways have been given the green light to proceed with the Zebra crossing proposal, subject to various checks. 9/23 Highways fine tuning the plan before launching consultation.

2. Huntick Road Cycleway – apply for approval for next section – Rozalia Meadows to Jubilee Walk

3. High Street Crossing – apply for permission to install as a ‘place’ project.

4. Tesco Island – Create formal notice to Tesco of intentions with DCH approval. AH to write to Tesco CEO office again and CC Southampton Distribution centre and local store manager.

5. 20 MPH Zones – Apply for central village area to be set to 20 mph. Commission Traffic Speed survey.

6. Drop kerbs – proposal deferred to Sept 2023 F&GP meeting for installation of dropped kerbs on the Spinney, Burbidge Close and Vineyard Close. Cost Approx £13.5K. Budgeted £15K- Proposal

7. WG held a meeting to discuss the above and also to agree questions for survey to be launched soon.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2023-24 2024-25 2025-26
Expense to date
Forecast 2551 802 1,0003
Total 255 80 1,000


1. School crossing – 80 (revised estimate from DC July 2023), High St crossing 75, 20MPH – 30, Drop kerbs – 15, Huntick cycleway stage 2 – 35

2. Tesco forecourt – 80

3. Huntick cycleway stage 3 – 1,000




Lytchett Matravers Youth Hall Working Group (LMYH WG) – October 2023

Working Group Objective:

Research, propose and implement options for renovation of the LM Youth Hall and regenerate it as a place for community use and the LM Youth Club. Develop a business plan for ongoing use. Fundraise to enable full replacement with a modern, purpose-built, energy efficient building.

Working Group Participants:

Council members: Beverly Barker (Chair), Ken Morgan, Alf Bush,

Community members: Clare Duran, Chris Wilson, Roger Ong, Kris Knudsen, Ben Cross


The Youth Hall (LMYH) is owned by LMPC. The land is currently leased from DC until 19/12/2056 and covenanted to be primarily for youth oriented purposes, and LMPC have applied for the land to be transferred to their ownership. The LMYH building needs to be renovated to provide a multi-purpose public community space with a youth focus. Qualified inspection indicated building structure was sound but in need of repairs and general improvements to ensure accessibility and sustainability, etc., with the indicative scope of work divided into two stages. Stage 1: get building back into use. Stage 2:work on plans for future designs and funding. All approvals debated at Full Council. See minutes for further details https://lytchettmatraverspc.org/full-council/.

Dependencies on long term ownership:

DC – land transfer



Status and Stage 1 progress

Sept 2022: Electrical inspection and certification completed.

June 2023: Building insurance, PI, etc., updated.

Replacement windows & doors: tendered and approved Jan ‘23.

New double-glazed windows installed April ’23. New front door & fire door fitted Oct ’23.

Building Regulation agencies appointed. JHAI approved at May ‘23.

Stage 1: Minor internal work needed to get building open. Est. £15k. Approved July ’23

WCs: create accessible WC; service water heaters & sanitary ware. Kitchen: refit sink & water heater, install new fridge, cooker, coffee machine, etc. Partition wall: improve accessibility. Repaint throughout with volunteer help.

Quotes for minor internal carpentry and plumbing work tendered and approved Oct ’23.

Major internal work (building new WC block, store room and front office) on hold, with plans to draw up designs for full rebuild and put out to tender.

Current requirements and recommendations:

LMYH ground maintenance: contractor to increase frequency and scope for grass cutting, clearing brambles/hedge line, stripping ivy, etc., from building & walls. Recommendation: LMYH R&M budget line to be increased for 2023-24 and arrange contractor visit asap.

Car park flooding. Relevant groundwork required. LMYH WG to get quotes

Cars in car park: LMPC to confirm current agreements and agree approach to future parking.

Exterior window finish/external window trim: LMYH WG to get quotes

Gutters: adjustment/replacement needed to address spillage & wall damage. LMYH WG to get quotes.

Outside lighting: lighting needed for car park to LMYH. PI & time delay mechanisms to be researched

Interior lighting: Upgrade centre lights to LED & check fire exit requirements. AEC (SW) to quote

Ongoing management: Establish independent CIO to manage community offering and Youth Club

Immediate next steps

  • w/c 23/10/23: Cleaning: first level cleaning in preparation for painting
  • w/c 23/10/23 Painting Hall: surface preparation including fungicide wash to mould and application of stain removal paint. Masking up where relevant.
  • w/c 30/10/12 Painting: volunteer team to commence painting walls and ceiling.
  • w/c/ 5/11/23 Carpentry work: anticipated start date for work to make dividing wall and WC more accessible, with follow up for WC & Kitchen painting

Financial Forecast:

Excluding VAT Detail 2023-24 2024-25 2025-26
Budget 75,000

Stage 1


Stage 2

Expense to date Replacement windows

18/04/23 £4075

26/05/23 £4075

19/10/23 £2780

Forecast estimates

c£15k budget

Minor internal work improved accessibility:

1st & 2nd clean £170

Carpentry to WC and partition: £900

WC fittings and installation: £1600

External window trim: £500

Unallocated £10,900

14,070 200,000
Reserve 50,000
Total 75,000 200,000

Appendices: None

Full Minutes 231025v2.docx

Full Council minutes 25th October 2023