Lytchett Matravers Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting on Thurs 5th January 2017 in the Methodist Church, Wareham Rd, Lytchett Matravers at 7:00
PRESENT were: Cllrs C Wood, R Carswell, A Cottman, J Gracey, A Huggins, J Taylor, P Webb, E Wilson and Mr T Watton, Parish Clerk.
Two members of the public were in attendance.
1. APOLOGIES: There were none.
2. DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY INTEREST: There were none.
3. Public participation (standing orders suspended). Two residents of Deans Drove expressed concerns about detrimental visual and environment implications of proposal 6/2016/0729 and on their property.
4. Minutes of meeting held on 1st December 2016, were unanimously agreed as an accurate record and were signed by the meeting Chairman.
5. MATTERS ARISING.
6/2016/0513 Mr A Scrimgeour. Huntick Farm, Huntick Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6BB. Variation of condition 7 of planning permission 6/1984/0743 (Use land to extend existing caravan/tent camping site) to extend the available season for touring caravans or tents. PASS shows that PDC has still not yet determined this application.
6/2016/0439 Mr Rubinstein, 33, Hannams Close, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DN. Demolish existing dwelling and erect a terrace of three dwellings with associated parking. PASS shows that PDC has approved this application.
6/2016/0676 Mr T Chalk, Shieling, Burbidge Close, Lytchett Matravers, POOLE BH16 6EG. Replacement of first floor extension and balcony, alterations to existing dormer windows. PASS shows that PDC has approved this application.
6/2016/0690 Mr N Rubinstein, Land between 66 & 68 The Spinney, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6AS. Erect detached garage. The Council wished to register an OBJECTION on the grounds that this proposed development appears not to be associated with any of the nearby domestic properties and therefore does not appear to be justified. As such, this unrelated garage is out of character with the surrounding area and street scene. In view of the above described circumstances, Council members also expressed some concerns about future intentions for this proposed structure. PASS shows that PDC has not yet determined this application.
6/2016/0672 Mr J Field Harbour Lights, Huntick Rd Lytchett Matravers BH16 6BB. Erect detached garage. PASS shows that PDC has approved this application. NO OBJECTION.
6. 6/2016/0705 Mr & Mrs P Webb. Old Park Farmhouse, Dolmans Hill, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6HP. Demolish agricultural building and erect a replacement, smaller, agricultural building. NO OBJECTION.
7. 6/2016/0721 Mrs Kathleen Bradley. Caroline Cottage, Prospect Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6ED. Subdivide plot and erect single dwelling in front garden of existing cottage, and single dwelling in rear garden of existing cottage with new access from Prospect Road and associated car parking. NO OBJECTION.
8. 6/2016/0709 Mr A Brown. 1 Glebe Road Lytchett Matravers BH16 6EJ. Erect 2 bedroom bungalow. The Council wished to register an OBJECTION to this proposal on the grounds that the proposal is overdevelopment of the site. In addition the car parking provision is not in accordance with the Lytchett Matravers Neighbourhood Plan and is particularly insufficient on such a narrow road.
9. 6/2016/0686 J. Farrah. Larks Rise, Dolmans Hill, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, Dorset, BH16 6HP. Erect a single storey side extension and single storey rear extension involving alterations to elevations. NO OBJECTION.
10. 6/2016/0755 Mr and Mrs R Murray. 9 Old Chapel Close, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HA. Erection of a two storey rear extension, erection of a single storey side extension and alterations to the existing porch. NO OBJECTION.
11. 6/2016/0729 OOTA Property Ltd. 86 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6DT. Demolish existing buildings, erection of a new building to include ground floor shop/coffee shop, and flat, with three flats above and semi-detached pair of two storey dwellings at the rear, together with associated access and parking. The Council recognises the benefits of re-development of the site, and supports the idea of a coffee shop facility. However in relation to this particular proposal the Council wishes to register an OBJECTION on the following grounds:
– The Council notes that the proposal is for 4 flats and two houses in a location, opposite the primary school and near the school crossing, which already suffers from severe traffic congestion. Yet the proposal only provides off road parking for six vehicles. This is considered seriously insufficient. It is also not in accordance with the Lytchett Matravers Neighbourhood Plan.
– The layout of the development in terms of the height of the buildings is considered overpowering and not in keeping with the surrounding area. In particular, the building heights towards the rear the development are likely to cause loss of sunlight and to overshadow adjacent properties in Wareham Road, Deans Drove and Cecil Place.
Further, and also related to the severe traffic congestion on Wareham Road and the positioning near to the school and its crossing; if this or a modified version of this development is eventually approved by PDC, then the Council would wish to draw attention to the site safety implications of this sensitive location. The Council requests that during the whole duration of any development of the site a Banksman be employed full time to ensure that all vehicle movements on and off the site are strictly controlled and achieved in a safe manner.
12. 6/2016/0782 Mr & Mrs M. Leslie-Hughes. Kynance, Lime Kiln Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EL. Erection of a single storey rear extension. NO OBJECTION.
13. CORRESPONDENCE. The Parish Clerk reported that he had heard from a representative of Wessex Water that they were about to submit a revised proposal for the development of the reservoir site to PDC. The representative indicated that he would forward a copy for information to the Parish Council in due course.
14. MATTERS OF INTEREST. Cllr Gracey reported that the AD cover had arrived.
The meeting closed at 7:50pm
Modified by/on …………………. Signed by/on ………………….