Minutes of a MEETING OF LYTCHETT MATRAVERS PARISH COUNCIL
Held on Monday June 19th 2017 at 7:00 in the Methodist Church, Lytchett Matravers.
PRESENT were Cllrs M Colvey, B Barker, R Carswell, A Cottman A Huggins, J Taylor, E Wilson, C Wood, A Bush, and Mr T Watton, Parish Clerk.
Also present: District Councillor W. Meaden, County Councillor P. Wharf and four members of the public.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
- A resident commented on a recent mediation meeting regarding a temporary event licence application for the site off Halls Road. He noted that the promoter had reduced the duration of the forthcoming proposed festival to two days only. He observed that this reduction in the proposal may be viewed as a major concession to local public concerns about the risk of noise and other disturbance arising from such temporary events. It was explained that TENs (Temporary Event Notice) applications handled by Purbeck District Council do not require public consultation before PDC approve them; and thus it is understood that there is a need to rely on the goodwill and cooperation of owners of the land on which such events take place. Cllr Wharf observed that if an event breaks any licensing condition the police do have the authority to address it. He advised that it would be prudent for records to be kept of any problems encountered with such events. Cllr Wharf went on to suggest inviting the PDC Licensing Officer, Ian Carter, to attend a Parish Council meeting to discuss these matters. It was agreed to invite him to the October meeting. Action: Parish Clerk to prepare an invitation to licensing officer accordingly.
District Councillor’s Report
Cllr Meaden’s report is attached at appendix 1 to these minutes. There were no questions by members.
County Councillor’s Report
Cllr Wharf’s report is attached at appendix 2 to these minutes. There were no questions by members.
1. To receive apologies for absence – Cllrs K Norris and P Webb.
2. TO RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY INTEREST; AND CONSIDER REQUESTS FOR SPECIAL DISPENSATIONS UNDER SECTION 33 OF THE LOCALISM ACT 2011.
There were none.
3. TO receive AND APPROVE THE Minutes of The Full Council Meeting on 15th May 2017.
These were APPROVED as a true record of the meeting and signed by the meeting Chairman. Cllr Colvey indicated that he would prepare letter of thanks to County Cllr Fred Drane for his years of service representing DCC at Lytchett Matravers Parish Council meetings and Lytchett Matravers interests to DCC.
4. TO RECEIVE REPORTS OF PAST SUBJECT MATTERSMATTERS.
It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk:
- Minute 14, 21st September 2015 – website updating. At the April Full Council meeting it had been agreed that all members would send their personal profiles to Cllr Colvey again. Cllr Colvey reported that so far 3 members have forwarded their profiles to him.
- Minute 13, 19th September 2016 – replacement of Wareham Rd bus stop adjacent to the primary school. Following the advice during May from Mr A Shaw of DCC that funding had been identified through s106 contributions and that DCC Highways had been requested to progress the scheme, it was noted that all this hard work to secure the commitment of DCC might be negated by Morebus changing the local bus route and rendering the bus stop obsolete. Cllr Wood commented that it seems there is still a commitment by DCC to install the new bus stop despite what happens to the bus route.
- Minute 20, 17th October 2016 – Decommissioning of Telephone Kiosks: Still no news yet on a response from BT or the Conservation Officer at PDC.
- Minute 11, 16th January 2017 – Deed of Dedication for protection of Old School Green. The forms AN1 and RX1 have been sent to the Land Registry with payment of £40 each and two certified copies of the Deed.
- Minute 20, 16th January 2017 – steps in front of the pharmacy premises. Cllr Colvey indicated that he would meet the owner to discuss this matter. A report of the outcome of the meeting is anticipated.
- Extraordinary Council Meeting, 27th February 2017, Minute 4, bullet point 1 – PDC adherence to its own processes and guidelines re proposed RES. Following initial informal contact with the relevant officers at PDC by Cllr Webb and Cllr Wood it had been agreed that Cllr Wood writes formally to PDC expressed concern about the degree of fairness of PDC not including such “windfall” housing numbers as this within the Purbeck Local Plan allocation for Lytchett Matravers or taking any cognisance of it. Cllr Wood indicated that she would forward a copy of the relevant correspondence to the Parish Clerk.
- Minute 10a bullet 2, 20th March 2017 – Club Hall: The concerns expressed by Mr Holden regarding the letter to DCC Cllr Finney in pursuit of the Neighbourhood Plan aims to acquire control of a number of village assets, were resolved in a meeting with the Scouts. DISCHARGED
- Minute 2, bullet 2, March 20th 2017 – pavement adjacent to 19 & 20 Huntick Estate. The pavement in question has now been reinstated. DISCHARGED.
- Minute 18 15th May 2017 – PDC Naming procedure for new roads. The Parish Clerk has confirmed with PDC that the Parish Council may normally expect to be consulted y PDC on new throughfare names proposed by the developer – as happened in the recent case of the development adjacent to The Chequers.
- Minute 23, 15th May 2017 – Ball Court proposals. It is noted that Cllr Huggins agreed to contact Miracle and Wicksteed to obtain advice on the minimum size for a tennis court. He had also indicated that he would obtain indications of likely costs for this. This information can then be used to develop a procurement brief to enable the council to request thee competitive quotes for supply and installation in line with Financial Regulation 11.
5. CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- The Chairman advised that in a conversation with Bridget Downton he had noted that since the Neighbourhood Plan has been accepted by PDC and is now in place there are now some changes to the working relationship with PDC. He advised that Ms Downton and Mr Alan Davis have offered to attend a Council meeting to speak about this. Cllr Colvey indicated that he would set up a date for this.
- He also advised that on Thursday 15th June he had been involved in a meeting with representatives of DCC – who had toured a number of village assets. He advised that he would arrange to share the insights gained from that meeting.
6. TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM SUB-COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS
Sports Club Governance Working Group – It was reported that an anticipated sports club annual general meeting had not yet happened. It was noted that the current sports club Secretary has recently resigned.
Neighbourhood Planning Working Group – Cllr Bush provided a report as attached at appendix 3 to these minutes. It was RESOLVED to note the content of this.
Huntick Cycle Way Working Group – Cllr Huggins commented that he had received around 130 responses to the online survey. This included a critical comment that the survey was targeted at parents of schoolchildren only – and thus some residents who might have an opinion may feel they are ineligible to express their views through this means.
Village Centre Working Group – Nothing reported.
7. TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE FOLOWING COMMITEES AND TO NOTE THE DECISIONS MADE:
· Finance & Policy Committee meeting on 5th June 2017
· Planning Committee meeting on 1st June 2017
It was RESOLVED to receive the minutes of both of these meetings and note their content.
8. To consider, approve and sign the Annual Return 2016 / 17 statements section1 (Governance) and section 2 (Accounting statements), ready to send to the appointed external auditor.
It was RESOLVED to approve and sign sections one and two of the annual return accordingly.
9. To consider a proposal to replace, at public expense, the tree planted in High Street car park in recognition of the Twinning anniversary with Les Pieux.
It was accordingly RESOLVED to replace the tree, but that it should be planted somewhere more prominent and suitable – such as on Old School Green. It was also RESOLVED that up to £100 be made available for this purpose so that a more mature tree can be purchased.
10. To receive and consider a report regarding the consequences of action by Morebus to change the route of buses in Lytchett Matravers.
Whilst it was noted that this change has reduced the overall amount of bus traffic within the village, this change has had a number of adverse effects on residents and local bus passengers; as well as rendering bus stops at bus shelters redundant. It was resolved that Cllr Huggins would write to Morebus to request that the decision to reverse the route be rescinded. Cllr Wharf requested that Cllr Huggins send him a copy of the letter, so that he can arrange for Dorset County Council to also apply some influence on the operator. Action: Cllr Huggins to prepare and send the letter and a copy accordingly.
11. To consider a proposal to request DCC to install a pelican crossing in place of the current school crossing patrol in Wareham Rd. It was resolved not to proceed with this proposal. Instead it was noted that some initial research and analysis is required. As a first step cllr Cottman Indicated that he would write to DCC Officer Mr. R Camp to request and up to date Traffic survey and assessment for the school crossing patrol. Action: Cllr Cottman to prepare and send the letter accordingly.
12. To consider a grant application from St Mary’s Church (see email to members on 13th June). It was resolved to award a grant of £500.
13. To note Purbeck District Council’s formal acceptance of the Lytchett Matravers Neighbourhood Plan at is meeting in June 2017. RESOLVED
14. To receive and consider a discussion paper on Lytchett Matravers Astro management. It was resolved to note the content of the discussion paper attached at appendix four to these minutes, and that there is a need to for the terms of the tripartite agreement and consider what adjustments are needed to make it more effective in practice. Cllr Bush will convene a small group to undertake a review.
15. To approve the following payments already made:-
|Inv||To Whom||For What||Net||VAT||Total|
|3763||A McGill||Grant to CALM for membership of CPRE||35.00||0.00||35.00|
|3764||Borough of Poole||Foxhills open space maintenance: Monthly grass cuts – 12 months. Inspect play facilities 2017, Replace rotten sleeper on bridge||2698.50||539.00||3238.20|
RESOLVED to approve.
16. To approve the following payments due:-
|Inv||To Whom||For What||Net||VAT||Total|
|3765||T Watton||Clerk’s salary – June (12 equal monthly payments by SO)||849.64||0.00||849.64|
|3766||DCC||LGPS pension contrib June||337.00||0.00||337.00|
|3767||T Homer||Handyman duties, May plus reimbursement of purchase of timber for bench repair.||312.00||6.60||318.60|
|3768||Idverde Ltd||Cemetery maintenance – May 2017||303.49||60.70||364.19|
|3769||Idverde Ltd||Grass cutting, Southern end of Rec x 2, May 2017||43.00||8.60||51.60|
|3770||Zurich Municipal||Council insurance premium 2017/18||2012.66||0.00||2012.66|
|3771||K Bradbury||Clerk absence cover May 2017||203.22||0.00||203.22|
|3772||Lytchett Matravers Village Hall||Electricity used in Parish Office May 2016-May 2017||209.54||0.00||209.54|
|3773||A Huggins||Reimbursement for purchase of tarmac and bitumen for pothole patching in car park||26.68||5.34||32.02|
|3774||E Wilson||Cllr Expenses – mileage to / from Bere Regis for DAPTC area cttee meeting. Data protection annual registration||6.30||0.00||6.30|
|3775||R Smith Fencing||Supply and fit new high level swing gate at car park.||690.00||138.00||828.00|
|3776||Lytchett Matravers Sports Club||Payment for hire of pavilion for meetings 2013-2015||680.00||0.00||680.00|
|3777||British Telecommunications PLC||Parish Office phone and broadband Apr – June 2017||132.55||26.50||159.05|
RESOLVED to approve.
17. to note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month Cllr Barker had attended a session run by DAPTC for new Council members. The Parish Clerk is scheduled to attend the second of four CiLCA training days later this month.
18. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents.
18.1 A request to Mr Warr to arrange for cutting of the hedge to the High Street car park in time for the Village Fayre.
18.2 A request to Mr Mills to strim four vacant and one inactive allotments as the grass / weeds on them is going to seed and causing a nuisance to other plot holders.
a. A local resident: Expressed concerns over the continued problem of dog excrement in the children’s play areas.
b. A medical professional: has offered to run drop in defibrillator awareness / training sessions at next year’s village Fayre.
20. To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.
The next meeting is due to take place on Monday 17th July 2017.
Items requested for future agendas:
· Review of meeting process and agendas – October Full Council
· Review of alternative service providers for Parish office phone and broadband – August Finance & Policy Cttee.
The meeting closed at 8.50pm
Annotated by/on …………………………….. Signed by……………………