Meeting of Finance & General Purposes Committee – Weds 11th October 2023 at 7.00 p.m. in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall.
Tim Watton, Parish Clerk. Council Office, Vineyard Close, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DD.
Email: lytchettmatravers or call 07596 885667.
Copies of related reports for the items below are available on request to the Parish Clerk by 7pm on Tuesday 10th October 2023
A G E N D A
All Council decisions must give due consideration to their impact on the community’s carbon footprint.
Public Participation – (standing orders suspended).
1. To receive and consider apologies for absence.
2. To receive any declarations of interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011
3. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Gen Purposes Committee meeting held on 13th September 2023.
4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters on the minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee (for purposes of report only).
5. To receive and note the 2023-24 year to date bank reconciliation (for purposes of report only).
6. To receive and consider a report covering 2023-24 year to date income and expenditure (for purposes of report only).
7. To receive and consider a report on the current uptake, waiting list and upkeep of the allotments (for purposes of report only).
8.To RESOLVE to request Santander Bank to remove Mr T Watton from the Council’s bank mandate with effect from the end of October 2023.
9. To RESOLVE to request HSBC Bank to remove Mr T Watton from the Council’s bank mandate with effect from the end of October 2023 by RESOLVING that:
9.1 That bank account or accounts be continued and the Bank is authorised to act on any instructions provided that they have been given by those persons names in the Specimen Signatures section (or authorised by such persons in accordance with the applicable authorisation requirement(s)) as follows: Any two listed persons together. [The persons listed on the mandate are Cllrs A Bush, P Webb, M Attridge, and A Huggins]. The “Primary user” is to be Cllr A Bush.
9.2 That any debt incurred to the Bank under this mandate shall, in the absence of written agreement by the Bank to the contrary, be repayable on demand.
9.3 That the Clerk of the Council is authorised to supply the Bank, as and when necessary, with lists of all persons who are authorised to give instructions on behalf of the Council, and that the Bank may rely upon such lists.
9.4 That the Council accepts the account(s) and banking relationship with the Bank will be governed by and subject to the Business Banking Terms and Conditions (a copy of which has been provided) as amended from time to time, together with any terms and conditions in respect of specific products and services requested by the Council.
9.5 That these resolutions be communicated to the Bank and remain in force until cancelled by notice in writing to the Bank, signed by the Chairperson or Clerk to the Council from time to time acting or claiming to act on behalf of the Council and the Bank shall be entitled to act on such notice whether the resolutions have been validly cancelled or not.
10. To RESOLVE to request Lloyds Bank to remove Mr T Watton from the Council’s bank mandate with effect from the end of October 2023, and for the “primary business contact” to be Cllr Andrew Huggins.
11.To RESOLVE to request Unity Trust Bank to remove Mr T Watton from the Council’s bank mandate with effect from the end of October 2023, and for the “key contact” to be Cllr Andrew Huggins.
12. To consider a proposal to order bark chips for rocket park winter flooring.
13. To consider the offer of a local resident to contribute £100 towards the cost of reinstating the bench in Middle Road.
14. To review and consider the action plan and recommendations for maintenance works at St Marys Churchyard and cemetery, and Row Park Cemetery; and to recommend to Full Council the plan and necessary estimated expenditures for these works.
15. To note the work so far in preparation towards a budget proposal for 2024/25.
16. To consider setting up a Dorset Council Nexus account.
17. To consider the quotes obtained for minor carpentry and plumbing work to Lytchett Matravers Youth Hall.
18. To consider items for an article in the next Parish Magazine.
19. To note correspondence received.
Members are reminded that the Parish Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability); Crime & Disorder; Health & Safety; and Human Rights.
Signed: T Watton Date: October 2023