FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE
Meeting held on Wednesday March 11th 2020, at 7.00 p.m. in the Methodist Church, Wareham Rd, Lytchett Matravers
PRESENT: Cllrs A Bush (chairing the meeting), M Attridge, M Colvey, A Cottman (from 19:45), A Huggins, and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk). No members of the public were in attendance.
There was none.
1. APOLOGIES. Cllrs B Barker, R Carswell, R Watts, P Webb, C Wood.
2. Declarations of Pecuniary Interest; and consideration of requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.Cllr Huggins felt that he may have some personal indirect interest which might be considered relevant to item 7 below (Planning application 6/2020/0097) through his work on behalf of the council and community with an independent broadband internet supplier. However, in the view of the Clerk this is not a personal interest and there is no benefit attributable to Cllr Huggins from any stance he might adopt with regard to the said planning application.
3. To receive and approve minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee meeting held on 12th February 2020. The minutes were ACCEPTEDas a true record and signed as such.
4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters.The following matters were included in the Clerk’s report of past subject matters. [nb: comments made or decisions taken at the meeting are shown in italics]
i. F&GP Cttee, 12th June 2019, Minute 20 Role of Parish & Town Councils in the planning consultation process – Cllr Bush reported that he had spoken to DC Councillor David Walsh about this and Cllr Walsh has promised to prepare something for Parish & Town Councils to clarify this matter.
ii. F&GP Cttee, 19 October 2019, minute 6 – Annual Licence with Lighthouse church for Club Hall – Review of licence fee by Cllrs Bush and Watts. At the December meetingCllr Watts explained that the licence expires at the end of March 2020 so this will be resolved by this date. There will be an opportunity to review the rent on the Scout Hut in 2021. At the March F&GP Cttee meeting this provoked a discussion leading to a recommendation to Full Council that, rather than offering a 1 year licence, the Council considered offering to enter into a three year arrangement with the Lighthouse Church which also enables some improvements to the building in line with the Council’s plans in response to its declaration of a Climate Emergency.
iii. F&GP Cttee, 19 October 2019, minute 6 – review of food vending licence. Review of thedetails of the food vending licence and the related fees Subject to item 11 on the F&GP Cttee agenda for 8th January 2020.Cllr Attridge applied for the required change of use for the recreation ground car park to enable a possible expansion of food vending activity. A replacement cheque made payable to the Planning Portal is required. In accordance with minute 11.1, 08/01/20, The Parish Clerk had written to the current vendor to advise that with effect from the expiry of the current licence period the fee will be £50 per quarter. It is now RECOMMENDED to Full Council that £50 per quarter will be the terms of the licence from 1st April 2020.
iv. F&GP Cttee, 19 October 2019, minute 10.2 Cllr Cottman to arrange for improved access car park gate lock (VH end) by removing part of cover. The Parish Clerk spoke to Cllr Cottman to advise that PBS had been requested to undertake this work. PBS confirmed that this work would be done on Monday 10th Feb 2010. DISCHARGED.
v. F&GP Cttee 4 December 2019, Minute 8. Remedial actions required as a result of worsening cracks and slippage in the wall behind the war memorial. The Parish Clerk has requested quotes for this work from Greenhall Landscapes, Classic Landscaping and Wycliffe Landscapes to demolish, remove and rebuild the wall. At the January F&GP Cttee meeting Cllr Colvey indicated that he would speak to former Parish Councillor Talbot to see if he is aware of any relevant information concerning the underlying ground conditions at this location. It was noted that the Parish Clerk had prepared a separate report covering the responses of the three contractors who had provided quotes / estimates, as well as comment from a long term resident with detailed knowledge of the area and its underlying ground conditions. It was RESOLVED to consider this report at the March Full Council meeting. Action: Parish Clerk to add consideration of the report to the Full Council meeting accordingly.
vi. F&GP Cttee Planning application responses sent to the DC Planning Team:
Planning application 6/2019/0455 Treetops, Flowers Drove, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BX. Single storey side extensions. Erect detached carport with office above. DC planning portal shows that this application has still not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2019/0530 Lewis Wyatt (Construction) Limited. Land off Flowers Drove, Lytchett Matravers. Change of use of land to Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace (SANG) & associated car park. DC planning portal shows that this application has still not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2019/0585 Bracken Developments Limited. Former Royal British Legion Club, Wimborne Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6HQ. Erection of 9 dwellings with car parking and landscaping. DC planning portal shows that this application has still not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2020/0033 Recreation Ground, High Street, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6BG. Modify existing and formation of new highway access from car park. DC planning portal shows no status at all (evidently an oversight).
Planning application 6/2020/0002 Cuckoo Hill, Deans Drove, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EQ. Erect a detached single storey garage.DC planning portal shows that this application has not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2020/0048 Tall Tree Cottage, Lime Kiln Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EL. Remove rear porch and erect single storey rear extension. DC planning portal shows that this application has not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2020/0049 (listed building consent) Tall Tree Cottage, Lime Kiln Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EL. Remove rear porch and erect single storey rear extension. DC planning portal shows that this application has not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2020/0059 Tall Tree Cottage, Lime Kiln Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EL. Erect timber outbuilding. DC planning portal shows that this application has not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2020/0060 (listed building consent) Tall Tree Cottage, Lime Kiln Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EL. Erect timber outbuilding. DC planning portal shows that this application has not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2020/0052 Land adjacent Caroline Cottage, Prospect Road, Lytchett Matravers, BH16 6ED. Variation of condition 1& 7 of PP 6/2019/0548 (Subdivide plot and erect single dwelling in front garden of existing cottage, and single dwelling in rear garden of existing cottage (Plot A) with new access from Prospect Road and associated car parking) to alter the windows to UPVC. DC planning portal shows that this application has not yet been determined.
Planning application 6/2020/0062 OOTA Property Ltd, 8A High Street Lytchett Matravers BH16 6BQ. Install new window to ground floor side elevation. DC planning portal shows no status at all (evidently an oversight).
5. To receive and note the 2019/20 bank reconciliation. A copy of the bank reconciliation is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes. Members also examined copies of the relevant bank statements. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve this reconciliation.
6. To receive and consider a report covering 2019/20 year TO DATE council income and expenditure. The reports were circulated to all members by the Parish Clerk. It was RESOLVED to accept and approve these. The income and expenditure reports and the Sports Club financial tracker are attached at Appendix 2 to these minutes.
7. To consider planning application 6/2020/0097 41 High Street, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BH. Erect a single storey side extension. NO OBJECTION (unanimous).
8. To consider planning application 6/2020/0099 1 Glebe Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6EJ. Single storey rear extension. NO OBJECTION (unanimous).
9. To consider paper on condition of Jubilee Walk and the options to ensure it is maintained to an acceptable standard. A copy of this paper prepared by Cllr Huggins is attached at Appendix 3 to these minutes. It was clarified that this intention is to undertake local work to get the path to an acceptable base standard ahead of the commencement of the Service Level Agreement with Dorset Council on 1/4/2020 – so that they continue to maintain it to that standard. It was noted that this task is currently too large for the local Guerrilla Gardeners and therefore the Parish Clerk was asked to obtain quotes or estimates from local grounds maintenance contractors. In preparation for obtaining such quotes / estimates, it was noted that the path surface is laid over about twice the width of the surface currently visible. It was also noted that a risk assessment of the path prepared by Cllr Bush is available which details issues with four trees affecting the path.
Draft spec for works:
o Path to be cleared to 2m width, end to end.
o Clear right up to the stock fence, so that nothing grows against it.
o Deal with the four trees “at risk”.
o Remove any overhead materials which may interfere with path users’ progress along it.
10. To receive a report of the annual review of insurance cover (for purposes of report only). A copy of this report prepared by Cllrs Huggins and Wood is attached at Appendix 4 to these minutes. After some discussion it was resolved to RECOMMEND to Full Council the adoption of all recommendations contained within the report.
It was also RESOLVED that the Parish Clerk should approach the Insurers to obtain their advice on an appropriate level of insurance for an Astro of the dimensions of that at Lytchett Matravers. Action: Parish Clerk to approach Zurich Insurance about this accordingly.
11. To CONSIDER ITEMS FOR THE NEXT PARISH MAGAZINE Discussion took place concerning the next Parish Magazine. It was concluded that the following items should be included:
· Clarification provided by Cllr Cottman regarding how to access the defibrillator outside Tescos, and why members of public don’t need to be given the code.
· Comment on the tidying-up work to be done on Jubilee Walk.
· The set of dates for forthcoming Guerrilla Gardeners sessions.
· Clarification of timings for the Village Fayre.
12. TO note correspondence received.
There was none.
The meeting closed at 20:10
Annotated by/on …………………………. Approved by/on ………………………
Fin&GenPurposesCommitteeMinutes 200311 Appendix 1 (Bank Rec to 3 March 2020).pdf (PDF)
Fin&GenPurposesCommitteeMinutes 200311 Appendix 2 (Budget reports, including Sports Club and CIL trackers, to 5th March 2020).pdf (PDF)
Finance&GenPurposesCommitteeMinutes 200311 Appendix 3 (Jubilee Walk assessment 1 Mar 2020) (Word)
Finance&GenPurposesCommitteeMinutes 200311 Appendix 4 (Parish Council Insurance Review March 2020) (Word)